You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

An In Depth look at Transformers

43 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,684 posts
6,689 battles

Probably my favorite collab so far.  What you can get and some gameplay with Bumblebee.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
4,188 battles

The missions are easy enough, and the camos are pretty nice. If they weren't half again the cost of a standard permacamo I'd already be sporting Bumblebee. 

Perhaps I'll get lucky in a loot crate, but probably not. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles

I quite honestly thought this collab was some sort of joke the first time i heard about it.  

Edited by CommodoreKang
  • Cool 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,437 battles
3 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

I quite honestly thought this was collab some sort of joke the first time i heard about it.  

I am a potato 🥔 in disguise. I transform into an Idaho.

• Cool 4

[A-D-F]
8,308 posts
21 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

I quite honestly thought this collab was some sort of joke the first time i heard about it.  

While neither the azure lane thing or transformers are my cup of tea, I don't see how it would be a joke. 

We have warships in the game being captained by anime characters, camos that turn them into sci-fi space ships with laser sounds, apocalyptic themed water world skins, cruisers that have been infested with giant mythological octupi and Halloween bats that drop torpedoes out of the sky.

Transformers isn't exactly a stretch at that point.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

While neither the azure lane thing or transformers are my cup of tea, I don't see how it would be a joke. 

We have warships in the game being captained by anime characters, camos that turn them into sci-fi space ships with laser sounds, apocalyptic themed water world skins, cruisers that have been infested with mythological octupi and Halloween bats that drop torpedoes out of the sky.

Transformers isn't exactly a stretch at that point.

Yeah I guess when i saw the ad it just looked so ridiculous that I thought it had to be a joke. Turns out the joke was on me... :P

[A-D-F]
8,308 posts
10 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Yeah I guess when i saw the ad it just looked so ridiculous that I thought it had to be a joke. Turns out the joke was on me... :P

Transformers were insanely popular in the 80s/90s.  Ask a random fella in his late 30s or 40s who Optimus Prime is and you are going to get a lot more answers than if you asked them what Azure Lane is.

Transformers are tame compared to some of the other stuff in the game.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Transformers were insanely popular in the 80s/90s.  Ask a random fella in his late 30s or 40s who Optimus Prime is and you are going to get a lot more answers than if you asked them what Azure Lane is.

Transformers are tame compared to some of the other stuff in the game.

Oh sure and I'm sure I had some ridiculous toys when i was a lad myself.  I just grew out of it.  I guess that's not a thing any more.  

• Meh 1

[A-D-F]
8,308 posts
4 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Oh sure and I'm sure I had some ridiculous toys when i was a lad myself.  I just grew out of it.  I guess that's not a thing any more.  

Ok Mr. plays internet make believe pixel ships.  Not throwing stones, so do I, but that's what we are doing, as adults.

• Thanks 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Ok Mr. plays internet make believe pixel ships.  Not throwing stones, so do I, but that's what we are doing, as adults.

Oh sure.  Transformers are still kind of ridiculous though.  I mean unless you're 8 years old and then it's perfectly fine.

[A-D-F]
8,308 posts

Oh sure.  Transformers are still kind of ridiculous though.  I mean unless you're 8 years old and then it's perfectly fine.

I don't see how it's any different than you and I playing a made up video game.  I hope this isn't news to you but, this game we play, is imaginary. We are sitting around in our houses that we bought with a real money from our adult jobs, playing make a pretend game with other grown adults. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

I don't see how it's any different than you and I playing a made up video game.  I hope this isn't news to you but, this game we play, is imaginary. We are sitting around in our houses that we bought with a real money from our adult jobs, playing make pretend game with other adults. :Smile_teethhappy:

No it's different.   Once you hit 25, you have to put down the little boy toys and pick up the big boy toys.  I'm pretty sure that's a rule somewhere.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
22 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Ask a random fella in his late 30s or 40s who Optimus Prime is and you are going to get a lot more answers than if you asked them what Azure Lane is.

To take that one step further- ask a guy in his late 30s or 40s who Optimus Prime is and you better set aside a few minutes while he gushes about how [edited]awesome transformers were and how it was the first movie they saw in theaters than made me cry. 

Sorry... Need a minute here... 

I'm good... allergies. 

Anyway- still not remotely interested in the collab but it brings back some fond memories. 

Edited by _ENO_

[A-D-F]
8,308 posts
14 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

No it's different.   Once you hit 25, you have to put down the little boy toys and pick up the big boy toys.  I'm pretty sure that's a rule somewhere.

Big boy toys tend to have engines, wheels and/or wings.  They might float on water or be very dangerous if misused.  Some require a bank loan or a personal check big enough that the bank needs 3 business days to verify funds and signatures. 

We are playing an imaginary game with each other.  It's tons of fun and I do it every day, but let's not try to make it something it's not.  I am a huge fan of video games but.....they are the opposite of, "big boy toys":Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Big boy toys tend to have engines, wheels and/or wings.  They might float on water or be very dangerous if misused.  Some require a bank loan or a check big enough that the bank needs 3 business days to verify funds and signatures. 

We are playing an imaginary game with each other.  It's tons of fun and I do it every day, but let's not try to make it something it's not.  I am a huge fan of video games but.....they are the opposite of, "big boy toys":Smile_teethhappy:

lol.  Transformers are still kind of ridiculous though.  You may love them very dearly and that's no reflection on your manliness.  But they are just a stupid kids toy. 

And that ad.  OMG, I seriously 100% thought "this must be a joke!". 

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
11 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

I'm over 50 and I still play with little toys, only it's called tabletop miniatures, you know the big boy stuff.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, khorender_1 said:

I'm over 50 and I still play with little toys, only it's called tabletop miniatures, you know the big boy stuff.

Well at least it's not those ridiculous Transformers!

[A-D-F]
8,308 posts
1 minute ago, CommodoreKang said:

lol.  Transformers are still kind of ridiculous though.  You may love them very dearly and that's no reflection on your manliness.  But they are just a stupid kids toy. 

And that ad.  OMG, I seriously 100% thought "this must be a joke!". 

I don't love them dearly, GI Joe was my jam when I was a kid.  I don't personally want my ships trying to look like a transformer but, transformers are just more of the same.  Maybe not your preference, just like they are not mine, but they made up just the same as that Shima you "played" in your last match.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles

I don't love them dearly, GI Joe was my jam when I was a kid.  I don't personally want my ships trying to look like a transformer but, transformers are just more of the same.  Maybe not your preference, just like they are not mine, but they made up just the same as that Shima you "played" in your last match.

WW2 ships are cool though.

[A-D-F]
8,308 posts
4 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

WW2 ships are cool though.

For sure.  I think we all think that, that's why we are here. 

It's all a made up, make believe pretend video game though.  Trying to say that Transformers is immature but playing pixel ships is "adult", is....kind throwing stones in a glass house. It's not your preferred pretend, but you are playing pretend, just the same.

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles

For sure.  I think we all think that, that's why we are here. 

It's all a made up, make believe pretend video game though.  Trying to say that Transformers is immature but playing pretend pixel ships is "adult", is....kind throwing stones in a glass house. It's not your preferred pretend, but you are playing pretend, just the same.

I think it's more the "ridiculousness" factor.  Transformers are patently ridiculous.  Unless you're 8 years old ofc!

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles

Well at least it's not those ridiculous Transformers!

To each their own, especially since the ones who don't like it can just turn it off, helluva lot easier and faster than commenting here, at least they haven't bowed down to something from Disney , you know like Frozen.

5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Why I am glad this is not a sim, would be boring just using " real" camos for the game, not a fan of all the collaborations, but the game would get dull  w/o them.