You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Thanagor_

Indomitable will be dead once 0.9.11 arrives.

10 comments in this topic

[SEAST]
Members
63 posts
10,268 battles

At the moment, indomitable isn't a particularly strong ship. The only thing she is good at is dealing damage to large ships through fire. To do so, squadron speed is of the top priority. Losing Last Gasp commander skill from 0.9.11 will severely lower her strike frequency and limit her ability to keep fires up. I fear she will become too weak once the new commander skills come online.

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
1 hour ago, _Thanagor_ said:

At the moment, indomitable isn't a particularly strong ship. The only thing she is good at is dealing damage to large ships through fire. To do so, squadron speed is of the top priority. Losing Last Gasp commander skill from 0.9.11 will severely lower her strike frequency and limit her ability to keep fires up. I fear she will become too weak once the new commander skills come online.

thats funny I never used last gasp on her...i like her alot 

[SEAST]
Members
63 posts
10,268 battles
29 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

thats funny I never used last gasp on her...i like her alot 

Last Gasp is a must-have on her. Unlike planes on any other carriers, hers doesn't maintain speed once you release your 'W' key, which makes keeping pressing it important if you want to strike your enemy at 220 kts. With Last Gasp, you are essentially given 2 bars of boosters so you can strike anyone within 15km at full speed. 

Speed is very very important for her. Not only it helps you keep fires, but also the key reason why you can strike ships without losing a single plane, even when the target is protected by fighters.

• Cool 1

Members
483 posts
23,440 battles
3 hours ago, _Thanagor_ said:

Speed is very very important for her. Not only it helps you keep fires, but also the key reason why you can strike ships without losing a single plane, even when the target is protected by fighters.

Sounds like a very good reason to nerf it.

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles

I have multiple Indomitable videos on my youtube channel but never used the last gasp on my 19 point captain....with her ultra durable planes and speed to drop a load and keep flying past their AA bubble. Thats on the rocket 🚀 planes....On the bombers I use the sling shot, she is supposed to be the last CV in game that can do this.......My Youtube channel Meta_Man2002 has these Indomitable videos but I will checkout the last gasp a little more...thanks for the tip..checkout my channel if you get a chance...im not bad in the Indomitable either

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,737 posts
7,264 battles

I wonder if after the upcoming spotting changes, coupled with those skill changes,   a lot of CVs won't be in tough shape?   CVs are going to be in for a tremendous amount of change if all this drops on them at once..    I haven't heard much about the status of spotting changes that were in testing, but this coupled with skill changes are going to make CVs a pretty much fresh slate to have to relearn.     All ships are going to experience some changes.  Looks like CVs will be probably on top of that list.    

[SEAST]
Members
63 posts
10,268 battles
13 hours ago, BarnacleCollector said:

Sounds like a very good reason to nerf it.

Not really no. Indomitable has the highest strike frequency and the lowest plane lost rate among all tier 8 CVs, but she is also the second weakest (only slightly better than Implacable). Taking away the only strength that makes her borderline playable is not a good way to balance the game.

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles

I'm not arguing with you but I have a decent to good Winrate in her and have multiple Indomitable videos here and on my youtube channel Meta_Man2002 where I showcase the Indomitable without last gasp.....hope she doesn't die for you.