You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

How many tickets do you open weekly on average?

52 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,584 posts
4,223 battles

I haven't had to open one in more than year, and it's only been one or two in 4 years.

They probably have your picture on a dartboard at CS Blasto:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[RAGE]
Members
425 posts
6,830 battles
13 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I think I used to overdo it.

This year I have gotten it down to 2 to 3 per week.

:cap_cool:

Are you the guy who sends tickets in because the BBs were shooting HE and not AP, and how you lost the game because of it?

• Funny 1

[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles

I've never sent a ticket, but I make regular use of the report misbehaviour in chat function. My reasoning is fairly straightforward, chances are the guy tossing around racial slurs, homophobic comments, or lashing out at other players isn't smart enough to not continuously do it. So, I figure that after a WG staffer gets a ticket from someone else or enough reports, they will review the chat logs and hammer the offender.  

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
21 minutes ago, mumphred said:

Are you the guy who sends tickets in because the BBs were shooting HE and not AP, and how you lost the game because of it?

You are not allowed to post confidential info about members.

• Meh 2

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
2 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

I've never sent a ticket, but I make regular use of the report misbehaviour in chat function. My reasoning is fairly straightforward, chances are the guy tossing around racial slurs, homophobic comments, or lashing out at other players isn't smart enough to not continuously do it. So, I figure that after a WG staffer gets a ticket from someone else or enough reports, they will review the chat logs and hammer the offender.  

There are certainly instances that cannot be ignored.  But most of the time, I have to think that just ignoring it and moving on and/or assuming that person is having a bad day and lashing out at it.  That's not terrific but is it really worth wasting a Customer Support person's time for that sort of thing? 

• Cool 1

[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
Just now, CommodoreKang said:

There are certainly instances that cannot be ignored.  But most of the time, I have to think that just ignoring it and moving on and/or assuming that person is having a bad day and lashing out at it.  That's not terrific but is it really worth wasting a Customer Support person's time for that sort of thing? 

I don't normally report a single instance, usually the people I report are spamming the chat with garbage. Whether you've had a bad day or not, you shouldn't be taking it out on others. When I'm not fit to be around I take a night off from the game. 

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,964 battles

I've filed four tickets in my five years.  Two were for nasty messages I've gotten in port and two were for stupidly offensive names.  I doubt anyone averages tickets a week.  You have to be looking for any excuse to do so.  May I send in a ticket because your avatar disturbs me?

• Cool 1

Members
10,751 posts
18,476 battles

I have made 1 ticket in 4 1/2 years. I could have reported someone just yesterday that team shot me a couple times in ranked. I just typed A$$hole, he agreed  with me, that Yes, he was a major A$$hole. That was that. I guess we lost because we had an A$$hole on the team, that's generally what happens.

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
3 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

I don't normally report a single instance, usually the people I report are spamming the chat with garbage. Whether you've had a bad day or not, you shouldn't be taking it out on others. When I'm not fit to be around I take a night off from the game. 

It's annoying as heck.  I particularly despise the map pingers/voice command abusers.  That's my pet peeve.

But I don't consider it worth wasting a Customer Support Rep's time on that sort of thing.  Too easy to just ignore it and move on.  To some extent by reacting to it, you are playing into why they continue to do it. 

Dogs mostly ignore that sort of thing.  That's how they deal with a spaz in the pack.  Because again, the spaz is trying to figure out people's buttons by pushing them all at once.  So, we could learn a lot from dogs.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,185 posts
48 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I think I used to overdo it.

This year I have gotten it down to 2 to 3 per week.

:cap_cool:

That's 4 too many... here's why I think so... Of course it depends how much time you are spending online. 

Let's say an hour or two a day... that's 10 to 14 hours a week. If you do 3 a week and a 14 hour week, about every 4.5 hours, you're filing a ticket. 

Now imagine you work in CS and have a player who files every 4.5 hours of game play. What would you think about the player's filings? If they were over the top every time, after a while you might wonder, hey, I wonder why this guy gets so many tickets compared to our average player? 

I fully admit early on I was a bit, how shall we say it, just a tad bit zealous in my zeal for writing people up. Especially so when I warned them I would if they kept it up and of course, they kept it up. It was almost a trap, because there's nothing a CS person hates to see is a player saying "go ahead, report me, they won't do nothing. If they do it'll be a 24 hr chat ban." 

Pretty sure that earned you a bit more than a 24 hour chat ban. 

So now, in the five digit category of games played, I write em up only when they seriously are out of control. Like this guy... he had write up written all over him...

53e79e4e096a035865b4ed5cac4be247.jpg

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,519 posts
18,160 battles

I've never contacted customer service about a person's conduct in game unless they start sending me messages while in port continuing their nonsense. One person was sending me death threats and the other one was using profanity. Both times I tried to block them but it takes a bit for that to kick in so eventually I took screen shots and reported them. So I guess two reports in however many years I've been playing, going all the way back to WOT. 

Generally I just do the usual negative karma reporting if someone is afk or acting like an idiot. 

[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
Just now, CommodoreKang said:

It's annoying as heck.  I particularly despise the map pingers/voice command abusers.  That's my pet peeve.

But I don't consider it worth wasting a Customer Support Rep's time on that sort of thing.  Too easy to just ignore it and move on.  To some extent by reacting to it, you are playing into why they continue to do it. 

Dogs mostly ignore that sort of thing.  That's how they deal with a spaz in the pack.  Because again, the spaz is trying to figure out people's buttons by pushing them all at once.  So, we could learn a lot from dogs.

It's my understanding that the reports don't go to CS staff, they are part of the automated system, but they get reviewed if someone accumulates enough. So for the average person having a bad day the report would never be seen, but for the toxic spammer it's evidence to build toward their removal from the game. 

Maybe I'm wrong, if so please let me know. 

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

To date, I have sent in a grand total of four tickets to WG support - one for WoT, three for WoWS. Of those four, the only one that was 100% ‘successfully’ resolved was the WoT one. Or successfully resolved to me at least, since in the three wows instances support felt it was resolved and closed the tickets.

My first two wows tickets were regarding eula violations, both dating back to probably 2015 or 2016, and the third was during the cv rework compensation with an error between the in game and news article rules for compensation. After the first two were so badly handled, I never really felt like taking the time to send a report that wouldn’t do anything, and the rework ticket issue has solidified that even more. Sure I hear stories on the forums and reddit of good support employees and tickets that are resolved well, but my personal experience in all three situations at different times has been overwhelmingly negative. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
4 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

It's my understanding that the reports don't go to CS staff, they are part of the automated system, but they get reviewed if someone accumulates enough. So for the average person having a bad day the report would never be seen, but for the toxic spammer it's evidence to build toward their removal from the game. 

Maybe I'm wrong, if so please let me know. 

That makes sense.  I don't they could afford to track down every single report.  Like you said, it's probably automated to a good extent too. 

But.  Still. 

Every dollar that gets spent on Customer Support gets subtracted from what could be spent somewhere else in the game.  Particularly at this stage in the lifecycle.

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,662 posts
12,100 battles

Very rarely. I opened 2 this month and before that I think the last one was more than a year ago.

Members
162 posts
10,948 battles

What's a "ticket" and why would I use one? World of Warships has been good to me, and idiot players can be found in any game.

"ticket" sounds too much like "work", I ain't here to "work".

[BUOY]
Members
1,130 posts
15,596 battles

Submitted two tickets over 4 years. Once because I thought I'd somehow lost a captain when in truth I'd just assigned him to a boat I never played.

The other time was when F-key spam was still a thing that people could do and I happened to get the troll in my game 3x in a row.

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
26 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I'm not talking about being a stool pigeon who finks on others. I am talking about needing support with various problems.

If you really need help and you're really nice, I'm sure they are happy to help you as much as they can. 

i think you might be the exception though and the general case is usually kind of annoying for the CS types.   My .02.... :P