Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wanturskul

Expendable camos to create permanent camos

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

74
[SCOM]
Members
221 posts
9,490 battles

I just saw a video for WOWs Legends and it stated that there is an ability to take the expendable camos and convert them to permanent camos.  It sounded like you can alter them as well with different colors.

Is this coming to the flagship game any time soon?  I know the forums have asked about this for a while.  Seems like a great money maker.

The video was on IGN, but I can't find a direct link for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,216
[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles

It would be great if for 5500 doubloons you could take any expendable camo and make it a permanent camo for your ships, but with the standard permanent camo bonuses. I doubt WG would be willing to allow a +400% exp camo to be made permanent for any amount of doubloons.

Edited by VeatherVitch
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,107
[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,933 battles
33 minutes ago, Wanturskul said:

I just saw a video for WOWs Legends and it stated that there is an ability to take the expendable camos and convert them to permanent camos.  It sounded like you can alter them as well with different colors.

Is this coming to the flagship game any time soon?  I know the forums have asked about this for a while.  Seems like a great money maker.

The video was on IGN, but I can't find a direct link for it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,158
[POP]
Members
4,747 posts
12,813 battles

Since I’ve never played Legends, I don’t know how their camos work in terms of economic benefits. If they’re similar to our expendable camos, there would definitely be issues if the bonuses came with them. 
 

That being said, over the years there have been a number of threads asking for the ability to take some of the expendable camo patterns and turn them into permacamos. The bonuses would be the same as the normal permacamo for that ship or tier (along with any special bonuses if they wanted to do that, like how Anshan’s default permacamo has a fxp bonus), but the pattern would be that of the expendable one. For example, I love the look of the New Years Streamer, Hunter, and Steam camos on certain ships, and some ships where I just don’t like the look of the permacamo pattern, and I know some people love the look of the all-white Meritorious Service camo. There would be a few different ways to implement it (ranging from ‘buy a ‘blank’ permacamo and you can pick one camo pattern to use for it’ to ‘buy a permacamo and have the ability to swap visuals whenever you want’), and even if they charge a little more for it (say an extra 500 doubloons or something like that, but less than the extra 1-2k price for the space and bionic camos), there would be a not small number of people who would buy them based on the responses to the threads. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[SCOM]
Members
221 posts
9,490 battles
6 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

It would be great if for 5500 doubloons you could take any expendable camo and make it a permanent camo for your ships, but with the standard permanent camo bonuses. I doubt WG would be willing to allow a +400% exp camo to be made permanent for any amount of doubloons.

I think they would just convert the bonuses to the standard permanent camo bonuses but with the expendable camo colors. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles

Would give people a chance to get the long gone event camos again. Like the new years camos, but now you made them permanent. 

XuiilmK.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
305
[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
2 hours ago, Wanturskul said:

I just saw a video for WOWs Legends and it stated that there is an ability to take the expendable camos and convert them to permanent camos.  It sounded like you can alter them as well with different colors.

Is this coming to the flagship game any time soon?  I know the forums have asked about this for a while.  Seems like a great money maker.

The video was on IGN, but I can't find a direct link for it.

not likely, but wows legends is a terrible game compared to the original more cash grab in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[SCOM]
Members
221 posts
9,490 battles
2 hours ago, lordholland4293 said:

not likely, but wows legends is a terrible game compared to the original more cash grab in my opinion. 

I will agree with you there.  I tried it for a couple days a while back and it is terrible.  I gave it a shot because I started WG with WOT on xbox and enjoyed that for awhile till warships came out.

But I dont see why they cant do the camo thing.  Maybe it would affect PC WG's ability to monetize all the consumable camos they put out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[SCOM]
Members
221 posts
9,490 battles
4 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

Would give people a chance to get the long gone event camos again. Like the new years camos, but now you made them permanent. 

XuiilmK.jpg

I still have tons of those camos.  I think it is still the only camo that doesn't give the concealment bonuses, just the FXP bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
73 posts
106 battles

This amazes me - WG is so greedy and yet it passes up up brain dead simple ideas to make money ? Poor decision making / not enough spread sheet data - what gives ?

I would think a simple idea like covert an expendable cameo to permanent for premium/special ships for a 'token' amount per ship would have people opening their wallets.

By making it initially for premiums - people could be incentivized to buy them and for say 1000 D you could convert  - I would buy several for my favorite ships ( because I am looking at it everyday ; change is good ) 

But you know, it takes thinking out side the loot box !

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles
35 minutes ago, Wanturskul said:

I still have tons of those camos.  I think it is still the only camo that doesn't give the concealment bonuses, just the FXP bonus.

Surprisingly enough, it was given the bonuses at a later date due to popular demand. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
47 minutes ago, Dano07_ said:

This amazes me - WG is so greedy and yet it passes up up brain dead simple ideas to make money ? Poor decision making / not enough spread sheet data - what gives ?

I would think a simple idea like covert an expendable cameo to permanent for premium/special ships for a 'token' amount per ship would have people opening their wallets.

By making it initially for premiums - people could be incentivized to buy them and for say 1000 D you could convert  - I would buy several for my favorite ships ( because I am looking at it everyday ; change is good ) 

But you know, it takes thinking out side the loot box !

It’s amazing what lengths they’ll go to in order to draft in transient players and piss off the long term ones to keep their [edited]churn going- but yet something relatively simple like letting people who abhor Halloween / Valentine’s Day etc camo choose what camo pattern they want to use on their ship with the chosen bonuses they want eludes us. 

We earn or buy the pattern we like, and  do the same for the bonuses- then pair them up the way we want. 

People who like the gaudy camos can run them all day long with whatever unique multiplier they have... meanwhile others can do the same with their own. 
 

And it doesn’t change the money side of it since other than having a choice you still need to buy or earn the camo application and the multiplier option.  
 

Or you pay a flat fee for a particular camo on all your ships... maybe just ship types... maybe both. 
 

Or not I guess. I don’t care so much about the camo anymore- and no interest  in spending any more money on their ridiculous churn model. I’ve got no more tread left on that tire...

Edited by _ENO_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
451
[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,143 posts
4,173 battles

They have already started experimenting with permanent camo that can be mounted to any ship of a given tier. I have a tier 8 one waiting to be installed on a ship I figure is a keeper. There is one for tier 9 at the end of the epoch collection as well.

I think that we will eventually see different patterns available as permanent camo, and like many others I would be more likely to pay money for something I like.

Like others have mentioned it should be the same bonuses as standard permacamo for that ship and tier, with perhaps a slight cost increase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×