Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

The WoWs Serenity Prayer

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,450
[YORHA]
Members
5,193 posts
10,344 battles

A post by Lert in another thread inspired me to do this.

 

The World of Warships Serenity Prayer

RNGesus grant me the serenity to accept the teams I cannot carry

The ability to carry the teams I can

And enough salt to let them know the difference.

 

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,659 posts
42,290 battles

Battleship's prayer 
Lord, may our shots be true, our Citties be plenty. And the caps be filled with wide botes.

A list of things we need.

12km hydro, 20km radar, GPS guided ammo, W19 warheads for my Iowa class guns. Speed, like 40 knots. To turn like a Japanese import coupe or a Subaru. 

Cruiser's prayer

Lord, make BBs miss while I set them on fire 🔥. Have DDs derp to the cap while I radar them to popcorn.  Make other cruisers remember my name as they go down from my AP. And let my AA prevail against the Dark Ones, the CV player.

Attached is a list of things we need.

More armor. 460mm Deck and belt end to end.

AA that has rolling airframe missiles, patriot batteries, cruise missiles, and a Romulan cloaking device so I am not spotted by that mother trucker Evil CV.

CV player's prayer

Lord, make my team hit what I spot. Make DDs explode with furious effect that I can hear their screams. Let my AP drop cruisers in one pass like they got struck by lightning. Let BBs dance to my wicked torpy drop and they hit each other or an island 🏝️ that I can pop over like a bird of prey that strikes the BB with bombs of incendiary glory. Let AA cruisers be stricken with cross-eyed AA gunners that I casually float by and gently place a pillow to smother the AA cruiser with my enchanted bombs. Let other CVs tremble as I lazily spot them and drop off some rum with Twinkies. (We Evil CV players have a code, sorta more like guidelines, still...)

Okay, I may be a tad Evil, Lord, as a mother trucker CV player, but I Mean Well..the laughter is just for show. I don't really enjoy it, really, I swear..*sings " that I'm no good."

Attached is a list of CV needs.

1. 20k damage AP bombs.

2. 50k damage torpedoes with 90 knots speed and 12km range.

3. Rockets that detonate even on water so the DDs get scotched on a miss.

4. Secbats that reach out to 31km, just to make coming closer, interesting.

5. Skull squadron for fighters.

DDs prayer

Lord, I really, really need your help as the meta is crap. The radar cruisers are plenty, Conquerers keep setting us on fire, and that Evil CV keeps laughing at me while he spots me.

Make BBs stay blind, radar cruisers detonate on my first torp hit, and CVs can't find me until I burn that mother trucker to the waterline or plug him so full of fish he dies of mercury poisoning. I think that is all. Enclosed is my favorite things I need for the holidays. 

1. Radar jammer.

2. Photon torpedoes

3. Daleks to exterminate planes.

4. Missile battery, preferably cruise missiles for that CV Evil mother trucker.

5. Torpedo reload boosters.

6. Concealment of 1 km spotting from air and 2 km from sea.

7. Depth charges with wide area of damage. Think Bikini atoll Baker test.

Amen

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
I forgot about CVs and requests.
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,112
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,826 battles

CVs prayer.

Lord, may my team shoot at what I spot...and provide good cover for both flanks and the center.

May the enemy not know how to use the rudder or sector reinforcement...

...and may the MM be filled with battleships.

Guide my flak dodging.

N'Amen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,609
[SALVO]
Members
5,935 posts
4,946 battles

and here I was thinking, this was gonna be a request for a Firefly collaboration... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
733
[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

A post by Lert in another thread inspired me to do this.

 

The World of Warships Serenity Prayer

RNGesus grant me the serenity to accept the team I cannot carry

The ability to carry the teams I can

And enough salt to let them know the difference.

 

Love it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,713
[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,102 posts
6,072 battles

I am responsible,
when anyone, anywhere,
reaches out for help,
I want the hand of CV
always to be there,
and for that
I am responsible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

and here I was thinking, this was gonna be a request for a Firefly collaboration... 

Nope not me I'd never suggest that, I like Sci Fi but I didn't that show , maybe because I don't like the Castle guy ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,609
[SALVO]
Members
5,935 posts
4,946 battles
5 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Nope not me I'd never suggest that, I like Sci Fi but I didn't that show , maybe because I don't like the Castle guy ..

I enjoyed the show but like many other decent shows around, not like I belong to the Church of Serenity... some guys are pretty intense about Firefly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

I enjoyed the show but like many other decent shows around, not like I belong to the Church of Serenity... some guys are pretty intense about Firefly.

Ughh too true, I have a tabletop gaming partner who is a huge fan and when her meds kick in we have the same ole tired argument of BB vs FF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
9 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

tenor.gif

Thanks , No really thanks, I mean I can't even play Halo OST because of him!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,075
[WOLFG]
Members
31,248 posts
9,613 battles
3 hours ago, khorender_1 said:

Nope not me I'd never suggest that, I like Sci Fi but I didn't that show , maybe because I don't like the Castle guy ..

I believe he gets eaten by Drew Barrymore in Santa Clarita Diet....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I believe he gets eaten by Drew Barrymore in Santa Clarita Diet....

There are some actors male/female that I just can't watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,448 posts
21,573 battles
6 hours ago, JCC45 said:

A post by Lert in another thread inspired me to do this.

 

The World of Warships Serenity Prayer

RNGesus grant me the serenity to accept the teams I cannot carry

The ability to carry the teams I can

And enough salt to let them know the difference.

 

Amen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles

WoWs is one of those games where you want Serenity Now but what you usually get is a Festivus Pole with dinguses challenging you to Feats of Strength.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,075
[WOLFG]
Members
31,248 posts
9,613 battles
18 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

There are some actors male/female that I just can't watch.

I just thought maybe that might be cathartic lol.

My hangup comes from screenplays adapted from books, and not having the right actor.

Worst one is Jack Reacher. Don't get me wrong, even though I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan, he nailed the character perfectly. He's just completely wrong physically. 

I was also miffed that Scwarzenegger as Conan had wavy brown hair, instead of the straight black hair he has in the books lol. Momoa has the same issue, but I think he did a far better job with the character.

But I digress lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,075
[WOLFG]
Members
31,248 posts
9,613 battles
11 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

WoWs is one of those games where you want Serenity Now but what you usually get is a Festivus Pole with dinguses challenging you to Feats of Strength.

Or you round a corner, and here comes a Shima TRB salvo that you can't possibly avoid....

"Hello, Newman....."

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I just thought maybe that might be cathartic lol.

My hangup comes from screenplays adapted from books, and not having the right actor.

Worst one is Jack Reacher. Don't get me wrong, even though I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan, he nailed the character perfectly. He's just completely wrong physically. 

I was also miffed that Scwarzenegger as Conan had wavy brown hair, instead of the straight black hair he has in the books lol. Momoa has the same issue, but I think he did a far better job with the character.

But I digress lol.

I'm more along the line of no matter what they are in, Topher Grace is always Eric no matter what role, just like the Castle guy. Off topic lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,075
[WOLFG]
Members
31,248 posts
9,613 battles
5 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

I'm more along the line of no matter what they are in, Topher Grace is always Eric no matter what role, just like the Castle guy. Off topic lol.

 

Gotcha.

Yeah, I tend to pick out interesting tidbits and may possibly wander off the path lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Gotcha.

Yeah, I tend to pick out interesting tidbits and may possibly wander off the path lol.

All good man, tangents are always helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×