Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Spiciest_Wolf

Team killing bot teammates

16 comments in this topic

Banned
18 posts
1,521 battles

what is this nonsense?
four matches now, I've witnessed and enjoyed having friendly fish shoved up my [edited], from bot teammates well outside the range of their fish even hitting an enemy and sometimes no enemy even sighted yet, and they still launch their fish hitting me/others on the team?

If you're going to do this WG'ing just remove the [edited]bots already.

No one needs this crap

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,269 posts
16,616 battles
3 hours ago, Spiciest_Wolf said:

If you're going to do this WG'ing just remove the [edited]bots already.

you playing random game but low tier and therefore they put bots on both sides? Or you playing co op games?

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,780 battles

The bots have a very serious bug where they launch torpedoes 180 degrees from the intended direction. This bug has not been fixed, I have seen it many times. 

They also launch torps at ships which have long since changed course. 

All the devs have to do is make bot torps do zero damage to friendlies. They have already halved the damage, so it is not difficult. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,187 posts
16 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The bots have a very serious bug where they launch torpedoes 180 degrees from the intended direction. This bug has not been fixed, I have seen it many times. 

They also launch torps at ships which have long since changed course. 

All the devs have to do is make bot torps do zero damage to friendlies. They have already halved the damage, so it is not difficult. 

Where is the fun in that I ask? Nay, if they be in the mood to do zero damage to friendlies, make it system-wide! We cannot allow bots to live better lives upon the seas than we humans. :cap_haloween:

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,780 battles
4 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Where is the fun in that I ask? Nay, if they be in the mood to do zero damage to friendlies, make it system-wide! We cannot allow bots to live better lives upon the seas than we humans. :cap_haloween:

Lol. Why not! imagine the torp spam into BB brawls...

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,187 posts
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Lol. Why not! imagine the torp spam into BB brawls...

It would make things a lot easier... no need to be concerned about hitting anyone but reds! And yea, wait for it... when Kit hits the game, imagine all the torp patterns in the water! 

Egad devs, make it so! 

• Cool 1

Members
2,044 posts
52 battles

Bots will fire torpedoes at enemy ships regardless of whether there are friendlies in the line of fire or not. This has always been the case.

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,146 battles

Can't be any worse than random. I had one guy in a Nevsky decide that he's going to throw his torps at me. 2 minutes into the game. He ended up deleting himself. I'm deciding whether to report him or not.

Members
3,669 posts
42,633 battles

Bots will always do this, but if they be silly accurate, then it's personal.

If you think a bot doesn't remember you, then you haven't seen a match I was in where they all ran for just me in my BB and straight up executed me from all sides.

2 or 3 is focused. 7-9 is revenge. Bots never forget a face.

So if you have a big game against them, then expect them to go Wrath of Khan on you in another match.

Especially if :Haus: is on your team and red's. 
"Revenge, is a dish best served cold, on Ocean map." Baaaahhhttt Noonien Singh.

Banned
18 posts
1,521 battles
4 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Bots will always do this, but if they be silly accurate, then it's personal.

If you think a bot doesn't remember you, then you haven't seen a match I was in where they all ran for just me in my BB and straight up executed me from all sides.

2 or 3 is focused. 7-9 is revenge. Bots never forget a face.

So if you have a big game against them, then expect them to go Wrath of Khan on you in another match.

Especially if :Haus: is on your team and red's. 
"Revenge, is a dish best served cold, on Ocean map." Baaaahhhttt Noonien Singh.

We were at our spawn, and I had barely begun to reach full speed in my Bb,  when a cruiser bot pulled up right behind me, and shoved two fish up my [edited].
No enemies had even been spotted yet.
I've seen and heard other players (sometimes its bots torping other bots)
If I'm in the mix doing hand to hand combat with a group of enemy ships I can't be surprised if I catch some friendly fish because at least it seems more reasonable:  they're trying to sink some of the enemy I'm so close to.
Way outside of any enemy and they still do this crap?

This is some seriously broken mechanics.

• Meh 1

Banned
18 posts
1,521 battles
6 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

you playing random game but low tier and therefore they put bots on both sides? Or you playing co op games?

5 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Can't be any worse than random. I had one guy in a Nevsky decide that he's going to throw his torps at me. 2 minutes into the game. He ended up deleting himself. I'm deciding whether to report him or not.

Sorry fornot clarifying in my OP-
This is happening in Random matches.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,230 posts
4,766 battles

The :BOT thread was so much fun.  I miss it. Was gonna steal some memes but was too slow.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
On 9/21/2020 at 5:43 AM, El2aZeR said:

Bots will fire torpedoes at enemy ships regardless of whether there are friendlies in the line of fire or not. This has always been the case.

Bots seem to fire torpedoes at phantom ships or maybe ships in a different match. I'm not sure what they are targeting or even if they have a target except friendly ships.

This is another failure on WG part to improve the game experience.

Sign in to follow this