You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Arizona needs a buff

37 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
682 posts
9,865 battles

Arizona guns need a buff as the reload is far to long

35 seconds is the longest reload in the game.  Not to mention also constantly being pushed into tier 8 battles, you just cant compete with range and reload on a tier 8 battle where their secondaries are 2 k less than your main guns.

While a good ship and a good class, making its reload at 35 seconds effectively makes it anti competitive and if id known that I wouldnt have bought it.

Other bb in tier 8  are all reloading at 30 seconds on average or less and  you in an Arizona are reloading at 35 seconds.

Its a premium ship and the reload is longer then the new mexico of the same tier at 34.2 and the new york and older bb and a tier below at tier 4 for 30 seconds and the coloarado at tier 7 at 30 seconds.

If you persist in not fixing MM then  you need to buff this ships reload .

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 1

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
391 posts
11,913 battles

Yes, I agree. Reload to 31-32s is much easier to use. These guns can't even overmatch anything in its tier and having longest reload in tier, along with slow ship speed, just makes her so difficult to play

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,104 posts
6,077 battles

My Arizona can carry a Tier 8 match...her guns are obscenely accurate and her spotter can reach out and touch people.

She needs no buffs at all.

• Cool 8
  • Confused 2
  • Meh 1

Members
1,108 posts
4,792 battles

The thing people dont understand about Arizona is that she is quite accurate for a Tier VI BB. Warspite is more accurate, sure, but 'Zona can boost her range beyond Warspite's max range, and 12 356mm guns is a nightmare for cruisers at all tiers that show broadside. 

-Shrayes

• Boring 1

[PT]
Members
973 posts
3,000 battles

My New Mexico fired about 50 shells at a slow witted Arizona yesterday, almost perfectly sideon. Dozens of hits, pretty much zero damage other than ye old torpedo protection...  NM has just as crappy reload time.

[SVF]
Members
1,781 posts
2,335 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

her guns are obscenely accurate

Ehhh.  Shares the same dispersion formula as all other USN BBs.  Main difference is sigma, and 1.8 is good for T6 BBs admittedly but merely the norm for the majority of BBs.  Nothing obscene about it.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,812 posts
25,049 battles
3 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Ehhh.  Shares the same dispersion formula as all other USN BBs.  Main difference is sigma, and 1.8 is good for T6 BBs admittedly but merely the norm for the majority of BBs.  Nothing obscene about it.

Tech Tree New Mexico in the same tier has 1.5 Sigma and the same slow reload.

Arizona is fine.

• Cool 1

[SVF]
Members
1,781 posts
2,335 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Tech Tree New Mexico in the same tier has 1.5 Sigma and the same slow reload.

Arizona is fine.

I'm not sure why you took away that I am implying Arizona needs buffs.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,812 posts
25,049 battles

NA Server Weekly Stats: 2020-09-19

Tier VI Battleship Average Damage.

Tech Tree

Fuso 45,944

Bayern 40,692

Normandie 47,958

Queen Elizabeth 44,745

Izmail 47,420

New Mexico 40,307

Premiums

Mutsu 49,299

PEF 47,993

Warspite 49,353

Arizona 46,834

West Virginia'41 58,481

Arizona does not look out of line, i.e. she is fine.

• Confused 1

[-KIA-]
Members
5,201 posts
13,863 battles
47 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

35 seconds is the longest reload in the game. 

Imperator Nikolai has 36 seconds.  The New US battleships according to devblog have 40 seconds.

[O7]
Supertester
346 posts
13,020 battles

Arizona is a T6 ship. Not sure why you keep comparing her to T8 BBs. Every T6 ship is going to perform worse when facing T8 ships. 

Also, having 12 guns with standard BB accuracy is quite powerful. She pays for it in reload as a balancing factor. 

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,823 posts
8,067 battles
59 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

35 seconds is the longest reload in the game.  Not to mention also constantly being pushed into tier 8 battles, you just cant compete with range and reload on a tier 8 battle where their secondaries are 2 k less than your main guns.

While a good ship and a good class, making its reload at 35 seconds effectively makes it anti competitive and if id known that I wouldnt have bought it.

Other bb in tier 8  are all reloading at 30 seconds on average or less and  you in an Arizona are reloading at 35 seconds.

Its a premium ship and the reload is longer then the new mexico of the same tier at 34.2 and the new york and older bb and a tier below at tier 4 for 30 seconds and the coloarado at tier 7 at 30 seconds.

You're not supposed to be as good as T8 BBs. Even if you meant other T6s, AZ is still one of the more powerful ones of her own tier.

PS, Arizona does well in uptiers unless your flank suicides and you get overrun.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,579 posts
4,223 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

35 seconds is the longest reload in the game. 

Laughs in 40sec reload on Vermont

AZ is fine. She has very accurate guns, especially compared to the shotgun that is NM. She gives up some reload for a lot of accuracy (she also has no AA, but now that's standard).

Don't compare her to T8, compare her to T6. And for T6 she is a very solid BB. And while uptiered can be rough, she can perform. I pulled her out the other day, got into a T8 battle and had this result:

image.thumb.png.1f4a8acae64353fe2305900a32c70ca2.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
465 posts
20 battles
2 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Arizona is one of the strongest ships at T6, and although not OP, she isn't far below that threshold.  She ranks third on damage and fourth on win rate out of all T6 ships.

If she needs balancing, it's to nerf her.

• Meh 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,812 posts
25,049 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

Laughs in 40sec reload on Vermont

AZ is fine. She has very accurate guns, especially compared to the shotgun that is NM. She gives up some reload for a lot of accuracy (she also has no AA, but now that's standard).

Don't compare her to T8, compare her to T6. And for T6 she is a very solid BB. And while uptiered can be rough, she can perform. I pulled her out the other day, got into a T8 battle and had this result:

image.thumb.png.1f4a8acae64353fe2305900a32c70ca2.png

AZ having 1.8 Sigma and still the same reload as NM, while NM has trash 1.5 Sigma has always bothered me.

Fuso also has the same rifle count as those two USN BBs, and the same trash 1.5 Sigma as NM.  But Fuso has way better range, accuracy at a distance, and great reload at 28 seconds.

AZ, Fuso don't need help.  If anything I'd buff Bayern and New Mexico as they're the two lowest damage dealing Battleships this tier.

For NM I'd improve her reload to 30 seconds.  Still keep the trash 1.5 Sigma.

For Bayern, I'd try to bump her Sigma up from 1.8 to 2.0.  Her reload is pretty decent at 30 seconds already.

I don't think that would be too excessive for Bayern.  She has 380mm guns but the AP is unbelievably weak.  They're not the same performance as the later tier German 380mm guns from Gneisenau and Bismarck-class.  356mm AP from Fuso has stronger penetration.

Srz5BG9.jpg

People trash Queen Elizabeth because her AP is so bad compared to Warspite.  But QE at least has RNBB Mega HE.

NIPpfsX.jpg

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
682 posts
9,865 battles

its not the accuracy or the damage it does that im talking about, its the reload , stay on topic.  Her reload is longer than new mex.   Your pictures above dont mention or factor in the Arizona or relate to the reload topic.

stay on topic. Its typical that people in the forum don't want to see change for the better because  they think it will affect them.  Its always the way when you suggest improvements

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 7

Members
1,268 posts
9,898 battles

Arizona doesn’t need a reload buff. At tier VI she performs adequately at her tasks or even better than others. Now California on the other hand could use a buff. It’s more or less a tier VII Arizona. If there’s any ship due for a reload buff it’s her.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,838 posts
28,175 battles
7 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

If you think that the Arizona's reload is bad, you're going to "love" the reloads on the new USN BBs.  Some of them are even longer.

Members
3,664 posts
42,448 battles

Don't be in a hurry to sail in, because you sure as heck can't run away. Uptiered, you are fire support, not strike. Attacking the high tiers actually gets you more XP.  Play long game with her.She won't let you down. 
She teaches you to make every shot count. That requires careful shots, often single fire is best.

• Cool 1

[UN1]
Members
1,293 posts
4,041 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

NA Server Weekly Stats: 2020-09-19

Tier VI Battleship Average Damage.

Tech Tree

Fuso 45,944

Bayern 40,692

Normandie 47,958

Queen Elizabeth 44,745

Izmail 47,420

New Mexico 40,307

Premiums

Mutsu 49,299

PEF 47,993

Warspite 49,353

Arizona 46,834

West Virginia'41 58,481

Arizona does not look out of line, i.e. she is fine.

While I am a huuuuge fan of the Arizona, when you look at her quarterly data, she's not breaking any records. 

Personally I still think American tech tree BB's are underpowered. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,174 posts
10,394 battles
5 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

its not the accuracy or the damage it does that im talking about, its the reload , stay on topic.  Her reload is longer than new mex.   Your pictures above dont mention or factor in the Arizona or relate to the reload topic.

stay on topic. Its typical that people in the forum don't want to see change for the better because  they think it will affect them.  Its always the way when you suggest improvements

What are you going to give up for faster reload?

[GRAVE]
Members
1,412 posts
19,878 battles
8 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

35 seconds is the longest reload in the game

Hizen, US Super Standards: Hold my Beer

8 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Why are you comparing a T6 BB to T8s? Unless it’s Monarch or maybe Odin, every other T8 BB dumpsters a T6 one.

Also, Arizona has 1.8 sigma on 12 guns that are packed close together, making her very accurate for a T6 BB, with only Warspite and Izmail being better. If she reloaded any faster or went more than 21knts, she’d be the best T6 BB and probably OP.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,579 posts
4,223 battles

That's the whole point here. Arizona has bad reload BECAUSE she has better accuracy. And it's not even that much worse of a reload. It's called balance, and it's why reload, accuracy, damage, etc, are all linked together. You said the reload is too long, we're telling you why it's that long. Yes it's longer than New Mex, but there are good reasons why.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,812 posts
25,049 battles

We have been on topic, and your topic was stupid as proof has been presented that puts your idea to trash.  Arizona performs just fine and doesn't need help.

If anything some other Tier VI BBs need actual help, a Premium Ship with Arizona's performance already living it up pretty good doesn't need more assistance.

3 hours ago, Crucis said:

If you think that the Arizona's reload is bad, you're going to "love" the reloads on the new USN BBs.  Some of them are even longer.

Some need to go in blissful ignorance if just for a little while longer.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Boring 1