You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burnsy

Excuse me waiter? Can I please have some more HE spam?

20 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
5 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

I see 4 overmatchable devstrikes for you.

Ask me how I know that you don't know how Smol armor works. 

• Haha 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,635 posts
4,974 battles
44 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

:Smile_veryhappy:

shot-20.09.20_21.31.24-0639.jpg

HE SPAM® served!

37 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Reminds me of this forum topic.  :-)

Tagged for @destawaits

Hi

• Thanks 1

[X-PN]
Members
607 posts
7,198 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Ask me how I know that you don't know how Smol armor works.

I know it just fine. I’ve devstruck countless Smolensks with my Alaska.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
43 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

Yes, countless, uncountable numbers of paper thin ships with huge guns. 

Anyway, was a funny match up.  My PR burned burned, a lot.

[X-PN]
Members
607 posts
7,198 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Yes, countless, uncountable numbers of paper thin ships with huge guns. 

Anyway, was a funny match up.  My PR burned burned, a lot.

What kind of build are you using on PR?

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,565 posts
4,223 battles
9 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

It doesn't matter, with 3 Smols and a Colbert anything is going to burn, and burn a lot.

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
12 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

The point of the thread is that it was a lot of fire slinging in the match.

I am a beta player with many thousands of matches and just short of 300 ships in my port.  I do not need assistance with my PR build.  Thank you though.

• Meh 1

[-FS-]
Members
3 posts
3,143 battles

How many of those 300 ships do you still play?  I’m a newer player and got rid of a couple of ships because it was a pain to scroll through them.  Obviously, I must be doing something wrong if you are able to scroll through 300.

I have to admit, I’ve been spammed by a lot of HE.  With my slower ships, I can’t always get away from them...which can be painful.

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
30 minutes ago, Amiral_Sir said:

How many of those 300 ships do you still play?  I’m a newer player and got rid of a couple of ships because it was a pain to scroll through them.  Obviously, I must be doing something wrong if you are able to scroll through 300.

I have to admit, I’ve been spammed by a lot of HE.  With my slower ships, I can’t always get away from them...which can be painful.

I keep all of my ships for a few reasons.  For one, I have turned into a bit of a ship collector.  I didn't mean to, it just sorta happened.

More importantly though, often missions and events have a short cut.  You might need to do 1 million damage in matches, but, if you happen to have ship X, you only have to do 500,000 damage.  Stuff like that, makes doing the events faster and easier.  If you are playing the game for the lulz once in a while, it really doesn't matter.  If your plan is to stick with the game long term and go after all the "free" stuff in the events, the more ships you have, the eaiser they become. It's a bit of a snowball effect.

Another reason is the "flake" events.  Several times a year, WG rewards players for every ship in their port.  So the more you have, the more you get.  In those events, I play every ship I have, at least once.

Also, when you sell a ship, you only get half the credits that you paid for it, back.  So if you ever decide to buy it again, it's a net loss.  People sometimes sell a ship they like to progress down a line, thinking they will just go back and buy it again later, but that actually makes the lack of credit problem, worse.

As a general rule, missions traditionally only require ships of T5+, so lots of people don't keep their low tier ships around.  That's still viable because they are pretty cheap to rebuy, but the current campaign has kind of broken that rule and does require low tier ships.

In your port there is a little icon on the left, above your ship icons that looks like a funnel.  If you click on it, you will get a bunch of filter options, that will cut down your ship list and help you find what you are looking for much faster.  I can usually use the filter settings and find the ship I want in a few seconds.

Edit:  This is the filter. In this screen shot, I have it set to only show me my US BBs.

shot-20.09.21_00.11.45-0151.jpg

• Cool 1

[-FS-]
Members
3 posts
3,143 battles

Burnsy, thank you for that info!

I tend to play games for years if I like them.  So far, I really like this game.  I’m still learning the mechanics and trying to figure out how to do things efficiently.  Fortunately, the ships I sold were low tier.  My next step will be to join a more active clan.   I just realized my current one hasn’t done anything with their research center, so I’m paying full price to research new vessels.  Live and learn.

I’ll take your advice and hang on to them in the future. 

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
2 minutes ago, Amiral_Sir said:

Burnsy, thank you for that info!

I tend to play games for years if I like them.  So far, I really like this game.  I’m still learning the mechanics and trying to figure out how to do things efficiently.  Fortunately, the ships I sold were low tier.  My next step will be to join a more active clan.   I just realized my current one hasn’t done anything with their research center, so I’m paying full price to research new vessels.  Live and learn.

I’ll take your advice and hang on to them in the future. 

No problem at all Amiral, have fun!

[POP]
Members
4,745 posts
12,813 battles

Hey, at least you won’t have to worry about flying HE spam. Sure you get lots of flying AP, but at least there’s no Audacious to set you on fire too.

Members
221 posts
8,674 battles
10 hours ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

Montana does very well at that too. If I am in my Monty and there are red Smolensks my primary goal is to obliterate them. Nothing feels better than dev striking an HE spamming Smolensk in smoke sitting behind an island using the spotter plane to target the gun flashes - especially 2-3 minutes into the match.