Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Resolute and Rapid containers are a total ripoff

7 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
679 posts
9,831 battles

As i said, resolute and rapid containers are a total ripoff at 6x the normal cost of coal for a container for a line of ships that really wasn't any good anyway.

Who would want to collect them ??? I certainly wont be.

Coal is hard enough to get anyway even with the fleet perks and 6000 coal on one container is just to much to ask in my book considering the other high price of coal for other ship and other items we are expected to grind for.

i wonder what WG is trying to prove making them at that cost. They should change them to 1000 coal like all the rest.  While i like the collections and find them fun,  6k for a container is to much to ask.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
34 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

As i said, resolute and rapid containers are a total ripoff at 6x the normal cost of coal for a container for a line of ships that really wasn't any good anyway.

Who would want to collect them ??? I certainly wont be.

Coal is hard enough to get anyway even with the fleet perks and 6000 coal on one container is just to much to ask in my book considering the other high price of coal for other ship and other items we are expected to grind for.

i wonder what WG is trying to prove making them at that cost. They should change them to 1000 coal like all the rest.  While i like the collections and find them fun,  6k for a container is to much to ask.

it's because they give luigi sansonattti, as the collection reward. Thas why it is so, high, you can play the game without unique commanders. Any other player would have just spend the cash to get him when he first came out, it was possible to do it then. 

[NG-NL]
Members
354 posts
10,090 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

resolute and rapid containers are a total ripoff...Who would want to collect them ??? I certainly wont be....

I happily bought several to finish the collection and get the special captain. If you don't want them, don't buy. You don't have to justify your decision to other players.

1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

i wonder what WG is trying to prove making them at that cost.

They're just items in a game, not an argument.

Edited by imaginary_b

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,270 posts

Some of the other special captains cost the same coal as ships.  Hence the container prices for that captain.

[POP]
Members
4,748 posts
12,813 battles

There’s a reason they made them 6000 coal when the other containers for collections are only 1000 each. The resolute and rapid collection (which is the main reason to buy the crates) final reward is a legendary commander (Sansonetti), whereas the other collections give regular commanders (or sometimes special commanders like Jack Dunkirk with improved skills but no talents) or cosmetic rewards like second flag and alt camo color options.

Assuming completely random element drops for those crates, the average player needs between 23 and 28 crates to complete the collection (with an absolute maximum of 61 crates assuming the worst possible luck, but outside of that situation the highest ‘expected’ is somewhere in the mid 30s, assuming a mix of new elements and duplicates), and the highest probabilities are at 25 and 28 crates. If the crates were sold at 1k per, you’d get a legendary commander for around 25k coal, or at most 61k. The other legendary commanders available in the armory for direct purchase sell for 175k coal, and the coal special commanders (Doe, Dunkirk, etc) are 35k each. At 6k a crate, the vast majority of players (well over 80-85% I believe, based on calculations other players did during the original event) would have to spend around 150-160k coal, still less than the 175k price tag of the other legendaries. In other words, most players are still getting a discount compared to the other legendaries, and there’s absolutely no chance WG would have listed the crates for anything less than that. And that’s assuming you’re starting from scratch, while many players that were playing during that event probably got crates from the directives just by playing normally and may only need a few more to complete their collection.

But as others have already said, the rewards are a few days of premium, Sansonetti, and whatever other drops you get from the containers. None of them are required to play the game, and if you don’t want to buy them there’s no one and nothing forcing you to. Plus, if the cruisers (as the only Italian tech tree line in the game) “really [aren’t] any good anyway,” why do you care about getting Sansonetti? 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Thanks 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,256 posts
16,226 battles

Others have told you why the crates are so expensive. All I will add is that coal is an infinite resource that you get just by playing the game and selecting More Resources containers all the time, and if you do that it's surprising how quickly you can build up your stocks.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,829 battles
29 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Others have told you why the crates are so expensive. All I will add is that coal is an infinite resource that you get just by playing the game and selecting More Resources containers all the time, and if you do that it's surprising how quickly you can build up your stocks.

Coal is just as infinite as CV planes...

:Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this