You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pirate_Named_Sue

delete

7 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I'm of the same opinion.

My Salem rocks. So do my Munchen and Bayard but Wooster is a huge disappointment.

I initially put a 19 pt captain in her but the ROI was terrible, so I transferred him to the Salem and replaced him with a 16 pointer.

Recently I stripped her of this captain and downgraded her to port queen.

Now I am asking myself if I should just sell her.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,735 posts
24,995 battles

IMO, the one thing Worcester used to be was being the best Radar Cruiser in the game... Until WG nerfed the hell out of that capability with USN Radar CLs.

She's not even a good Radar Cruiser anymore, not with 9km range, which you can do with Tier VIII Cleveland.

The only thing she has are spammy 152mm guns these days, even then, Worcester today is a terrible Damage Dealer.  Matter of fact, US CAs and CLs are very bad damage dealers.

NA server: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstatswk/svr/na/ship_20200919.html

RU server: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstatswk/svr/ru/ship_20200919.html

[VORTX]
Members
468 posts
6,788 battles
3 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I'm of the same opinion.

My Salem rocks. So do my Munchen and Bayard but Wooster is a huge disappointment.

I initially put a 19 pt captain in her but the ROI was terrible, so I transferred him to the Salem and replaced him with a 16 pointer.

Recently I stripped her of this captain and downgraded her to port queen.

Now I am asking myself if I should just sell her.

I have a great time in the German cruisers. Mainz is a heck of a lot of fun. Roon and Hindy have two of my hindy have my highest average damage. I keep playing the damn thing hoping for that first win of the day. Just getting worse. I need to move to co-op for the night or just go watch 90 day fiance with the wife. [edited]. I hate 90 day fiance. 

[VORTX]
Members
468 posts
6,788 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

IMO, the one thing Worcester used to be was being the best Radar Cruiser in the game... Until WG nerfed the hell out of that capability with USN Radar CLs.

She's not even a good Radar Cruiser anymore, not with 9km range, which you can do with Tier VIII Cleveland.

The only thing she has are spammy 152mm guns these days, even then, Worcester today is a terrible Damage Dealer.  Matter of fact, US CAs and CLs are very bad damage dealers.

NA server: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstatswk/svr/na/ship_20200919.html

RU server: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstatswk/svr/ru/ship_20200919.html

My numbers on her are right on for what is projected here. I was around for the IFHE nerf. Its funny, I always I like to own the ships I really hated to play against at one time or another and man. Nearly 50 games in and I am good. Just sick of losing and having a terrible time while doing it. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,735 posts
24,995 battles
11 minutes ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

My numbers on her are right on for what is projected here. I was around for the IFHE nerf. Its funny, I always I like to own the ships I really hated to play against at one time or another and man. Nearly 50 games in and I am good. Just sick of losing and having a terrible time while doing it. 

What Cruiser playstyle do you prefer?  Because if you like open water fighting and hate being confined to an island, US Cruisers are the worst in the game for you.

IJN, FR, German, RU, even ITA... Anything is better in open water than US Cruisers.

Even RNCLs are a bit of a question mark.  Outside of the outstanding Tier VII Fiji, RNCLs are bad damage dealers.  Even Minotaur with her fast firing guns does around the damage as low damage dealing USN Cruisers.

In the USN Radar Cruiser role in Tier X, Des Moines is handling business in Ranked.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/season/18,The-Eighteenth-Season/

She has a good WR% in the current Ranked Season and is still one of the most played ships.  DM is one of the best Radar Cruisers in the game today.  Worcester... Well, you can look up her stats in that link.  I'll warn you:  It's not pretty.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[VORTX]
Members
468 posts
6,788 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What Cruiser playstyle do you prefer?  Because if you like open water fighting and hate being confined to an island, US Cruisers are the worst in the game for you.

IJN, FR, German, RU, even ITA... Anything is better in open water than US Cruisers.

Even RNCLs are a bit of a question mark.  Outside of the outstanding Tier VII Fiji, RNCLs are bad damage dealers.  Even Minotaur with her fast firing guns does around the damage as low damage dealing USN Cruisers.

You might be right. I just want it to be flexible. You usually don't always get handed a sweet island to hang out next to. Maybe I need to try fussing with different builds on it. Really bummed on that because I was really excited to earn it. First cruiser line I had started. I have a great record in my Hindy and Roon. Working my up with the Russians now (shors). Japanese I have fun with too (Myoko). I just really wanted to like this boat. Italians are interesting with the SAP. This is my fourth tier X and I am just really bumming about it. I had heard a lot of really great things and was hyped. Seattle was a really difficult grind and now I feel like I should have just called it at Cleveland and not wasted my time.