Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

So what do you do after getting blowed up?

26 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

If I'm in a rush grinding for daily crates, I exit and start a new game.

If I'm not, then I look at who's got the most kills on my team and follow them.  I especially like it when it's a DD.

Yesterday I watched a Halland in action which got 3 or 4 kills and almost won the game for us. (If only it had another minute!)

:Smile_child:

• Meh 1

[_BDA_]
Members
427 posts
6,888 battles

It depends on if I need a "win" or not.  If there are a lot of bots involved (PvE) and there are no potential players that can carry the day, I usually stick around to watch.  Once the last player has left the battle the game becomes a Draw and you lose any Win status, even if there were 9 green ships to 1 crippled red CV with a death wall of torpedoes headed its way... no player, no win.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,134 posts
4,766 battles

If I'm not pressed for time, I look for the guy that most needs advice from a duck.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,226 battles

Most of the time I exit to port and grab another ship. Unless I'm playing that specific ship for the day and the match is almost over. The actions of others do not really concern me.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
844 posts
6,295 battles

Depends. If I die by my own stupidity I’ll usually exit to port and grumble about the mistake I made to myself. If I see a player that’s doing really well I’ll stick around to see what they doing to help learn from my mistake. If div’d and that happens obviously I stick around. If I’ve played good but still die I’ll watch the game till it finishes and switch between players especially if I notice a someone having a really good game and even more so if they playing the same class as I was playing.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,728 posts
24,995 battles

I've often watched what people do given a match situation.  It can be a critical point in the game and you can follow what people do and see their decision making.

Learn from their mistakes and successes.  If you have MMMonitor or something like that, or are familiar with names you know to be good players, watch what they do.  They didn't have a high WR% by accident after thousands and thousands of Random Battles.

I did this quite a bit when I started that long slow path from being a 43-45% Potato and to try and be a useful teammate.  When I followed a player in a match after I sank, I'd think of the given situation and what I would do.  The guy you follow may or may not do what you think was right.  Either way, watch what happens and see if that was the right move or not.

Sometimes you follow someone and your instincts scream, "Horrible move, you're going to get rekt and the team is going to pay for that consequence."  Learn from those cases of idiocy so that you remember to not do that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFH]
Members
1,207 posts

I usually watch the rest of the game to learn from others.

I often watch the replay to better understand anything I did wrong.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

Pay close attention is what I do.
You're on daily #4. 1100 xp. You already have 1000 xp. Only need 100 xp.
You have a great battle but die, so you grab another ship.
You win that battle, and make 700 xp.
But the end screen says you only finished daily #4.
Go back to port, and see that you won the previous battle and made 600 xp.
So in effect, you won 2 battles, earning 1300 xp, but only got credit for winning 1 battle for 100 xp.

Might be fixed by now, but it was still that way last time I checked.
All you can do if you die in the first battle is alt-tab over to utoob & learn how to make your own fidget spinner.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

it drains my stamina,so i take a rest,after that i feel much better.

Edited by Cruxdei

Members
3,879 posts
13,993 battles

Depends on how quickly Im dead and how close the match is.

I die early, I just leave to the next match. If it's near the end and close and I die, I will sometimes watch.

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
223 posts
8,634 battles

I usually follow the game play to the end.  If I see good moves , torps or a nice shot, I will comment such. Otherwise, I just observe.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

If I'm not pressed for time, I look for the guy that most needs advice from a duck.

Yes, it is best to stay with the battle and encourage your teammate. Of course you must do so in the correct way.

Waiting until a teammate has just been sunk and then tell them what a stupid, moronic fool they are is recommended as an effective way to encourage your team. 

(I'm not accusing you, only stating how I see most advice given)

Sometimes I stay & watch, the reasons vary, but most of the time I leave the battle.

[BBICT]
Members
3,886 posts
4,243 battles

I used to try and really help people, but some thought I was being a busy body, so I usually keep quiet.. Other than stuff like "nice shot." Or "oooof" :Smile_teethhappy:  I try not get upset with people...I had to punch out early when a pink Iowa bailed out and left me to tank by myself so he could spam HE from a corner... I typed something, erased it, then went on to something else.. just not worth it..

[RST]
[RST]
Beta Testers
167 posts
9,893 battles
5 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

If I'm in a rush grinding for daily crates, I exit and start a new game.

If I'm not, then I look at who's got the most kills on my team and follow them.  I especially like it when it's a DD.

Yesterday I watched a Halland in action which got 3 or 4 kills and almost won the game for us. (If only it had another minute!)

:Smile_child:

It depends.  If I see a really good player using a ship I have in my port, I see if I can pick up any good ideas to play it and hang around.  Otherwise, exit and move on.

[RLGN]
Members
15,146 posts
26,771 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

lol

Out of habit I usually stay and watch.

If I was the only human and the bot cheating was particularly egregious that round, I’ll quit out.

Rather have the draw when I know it’ll be a loss.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WOLF9]
Members
985 posts
21,630 battles

I exit to port and grab another ship.  If I am grinding that ship, I look around at the armory, missions left to do, where my 'personal' tasks are at, etc. until the ship is free to play.

I prefer playing to complete the missions or tasks to be done, so I try to cycle through quickly.  I do NOT YOLO though.  I play to win also.

[-N-]
Members
2,228 posts
14,844 battles

Depends on why how and why I died (of my own stupidity and really early I head back to port.)  If the game is remotely close I try to stay on and learn a couple things from the rest of the team and what they do.  Even if it is a close loss there is usually something to be learned.

Edited by GrimmeReaper

[PVE]
Members
7,243 posts
23,105 battles
4 hours ago, z9_ said:

Pay close attention is what I do.
You're on daily #4. 1100 xp. You already have 1000 xp. Only need 100 xp.
You have a great battle but die, so you grab another ship.
You win that battle, and make 700 xp.
But the end screen says you only finished daily #4.
Go back to port, and see that you won the previous battle and made 600 xp.
So in effect, you won 2 battles, earning 1300 xp, but only got credit for winning 1 battle for 100 xp.

Might be fixed by now, but it was still that way last time I checked.
All you can do if you die in the first battle is alt-tab over to utoob & learn how to make your own fidget spinner.

These scenarios are why my 1st battle is Atlanta for the 1st win in random & then a quick co-op battle (because nothing makes for a quick co-op battle better than an Atlanta) to knock off those "100 points short" scenarios when they happen. I actually average around 600 in co-op w/it (after many many games of course) so can knock out most any "missed it by that much" daily mission scenario in co-op w/it.

Sign in to follow this