You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Kleber Marceau ranked captain build and comparison

5 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,659 posts
17,316 battles

Hello captains:cap_cool: , here is my take on the Kleber Marceau ranked comparison and captain build I use . Many many will have a different opinion but this is the way I set her up and my reasoning . Remember you only have 19 points as of now to work with. Different opinions :cap_popcorn:are great and gets us out of group think and close minded .  My Youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if you find the videos helpful and have a great day.:cap_rambo: 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
726 posts
4,139 battles

I've played the Kleber in CT and I have the Marceau now. Both are fantastic really fun ships! They are kind of similar in substance, but play pretty differently. The Kleber is more of a "heavy" gunboat DD in that the guns are more penetrating and useful at range, and the concealment doesn't allow you to get as close. The Marceau is more of a traditional destroyer that can play closer in with the concealment and little longer ranged torpedoes and the AA boost allows you to be away from supporting ships more. The Kleber is more effective at charging in full bore as the torpedoes are faster and the reload boost can really rack up damage fast.

Both lean torwards using guns more and should spec accordingly, but to not use torpedoes in either boat is to handicap them some, more so than Russian heavy DDs where you just hold LMB down. Holding left mouse button is not a good strategy in either French boat, while they can evade shots, they are more useful positioning for a calculated strike than trying to rack up continuous damage. Exploiting the map using your speed and charging in when opportunities strike is the winning ticket in either boat, they just go about different ways of doing it. The Marceau is probably more beginner friendly and not underpowered at all. 

[META_]
Members
1,659 posts
17,316 battles
15 minutes ago, Carl_the_Cuttlefish said:

I've played the Kleber in CT and I have the Marceau now. Both are fantastic really fun ships! They are kind of similar in substance, but play pretty differently. The Kleber is more of a "heavy" gunboat DD in that the guns are more penetrating and useful at range, and the concealment doesn't allow you to get as close. The Marceau is more of a traditional destroyer that can play closer in with the concealment and little longer ranged torpedoes and the AA boost allows you to be away from supporting ships more. The Kleber is more effective at charging in full bore as the torpedoes are faster and the reload boost can really rack up damage fast.

Both lean torwards using guns more and should spec accordingly, but to not use torpedoes in either boat is to handicap them some, more so than Russian heavy DDs where you just hold LMB down. Holding left mouse button is not a good strategy in either French boat, while they can evade shots, they are more useful positioning for a calculated strike than trying to rack up continuous damage. Exploiting the map using your speed and charging in when opportunities strike is the winning ticket in either boat, they just go about different ways of doing it. The Marceau is probably more beginner friendly and not underpowered at all. 

I agree mostly with a little added to it....Khabarovsk has heals and crazy 50mm armor so better for staying power...Kleber has reload booster and Marceau just has crazy dpm so better ambush predator in my opinion..just my opinion 

Alpha Tester
726 posts
4,139 battles
1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

I agree mostly with a little added to it....Khabarovsk has heals and crazy 50mm armor so better for staying power...Kleber has reload booster and Marceau just has crazy dpm so better ambush predator in my opinion..just my opinion 

Right. While people drop DDs into "gunboats or torpedo boats" categories, really ships are better understood by their national flavor. It's all about situational strategy rather than you play this ship type this way!

[META_]
Members
1,659 posts
17,316 battles
1 hour ago, Carl_the_Cuttlefish said:

Right. While people drop DDs into "gunboats or torpedo boats" categories, really ships are better understood by their national flavor. It's all about situational strategy rather than you play this ship type this way!

I'm actually experimenting with the Khabarovsk ina dd hunter role outside the national flavor....using islands and rpf to close the distance ...we'll see how it works out...that armor sheds those dds shells nicely and the heals help ....thanks for the comments