You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Joe_918145

Shells went way high above the aiming point

11 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
496 posts
22,638 battles

I'm considering opening a ticket on this but it has only happened once.  Thank goodness this was a co-op battle and not in randoms.  Check out the screenshot and let me know if it has ever happened to you.

989848761_Screenshot(25).thumb.png.88bb0a000f4eb43ec2eae815dc20404b.png

[VOP]
Members
876 posts

Looking at the upper right of the picture, were you locked onto the target? I don't see a target lock symbol above the ship. Maybe you locked onto the ship behind the island? They are both inline with each other.

• Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
1,495 posts
15,846 battles

Yes, I agree with Airjellyfish.  Looking closely at your image, I don't see a locked symbol in place over the target.  That means your shells will go just about anywhere except the target.  

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

Looking at the minimap it looks like he's locked on but the aimpoint appears to be on the other side of the ship... Just at a glance. 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,089 posts
12,076 battles

Using a mod?
Seems like a non-standard-issue reticle, to me.

I'll second the motion to ascribe the incident to not being locked on target and/or locked to a ship beyond the intended target.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,234 posts
9,589 battles
6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Using a mod?
Seems like a non-standard-issue reticle, to me.

I think the screenshot was from a replay.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,571 posts
14,440 battles

Yes, if you have multiple targets in view, and your target lock is on one target, but you are placing your aiming reticle on another, even if your aimpoint is perfect on that “wrong” target, you’ll have a disappointing shot.

• Cool 2

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
9 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Yes, if you have multiple targets in view, and your target lock is on one target, but you are placing your aiming reticle on another, even if your aimpoint is perfect on that “wrong” target, you’ll have a disappointing shot.

Yeah no doubt about that. 

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
496 posts
22,638 battles

Thanks guys.  There is another ship that did a 'drive by' on me that I was originally aiming at.  The ship in the screenshot had disappeared into smoke, then suddenly reappeared.  Since I could not get my turrets around on the drive by, I quickly switched to the one in the screenshot.  So the odds are great that I was not locked on the ship I was shooting at.

In any case I was in deep trouble on the cap with two red BBs.  :Smile_smile:

I did go ahead and open a ticket.  We'll find out if the WG staff is as sharp as you guys.

Edited by Joe_918145
typo

[WPORT]
Members
7,089 posts
12,076 battles
2 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

Thanks guys.  There is another ship that did a 'drive by' on me that I was originally aiming at.  The ship in the screenshot had disappeared into smoke, then suddenly reappeared.  Since I could not get my turrets around on the drive by, I quickly switched to the one in the screenshot.  So the odds are great that I was not locked on the ship I was shooting at.

In any case I was in deep trouble on the cap with two red BBs.  :Smile_smile:

I did go ahead and open a ticket.  We'll find out if the WG staff is as sharp as you guys.

:cap_like: