You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WRB8619

Problem with Ranked

11 comments in this topic

[SWAMP]
Members
66 posts
14,817 battles

RANKED = MINI RANDOM

My main problem with Ranked is simple:  To many players are NOT trying to win, they are just trying to "Save" their star and basically do NOTHING until near the end of he match, then rush forward when the other team has them outnumbered and don't care that they are going to take a citadel or two, then RAM someone, and "WALLAH!"  They end up on top of the list and saved their star.

My advice (of course no one cares but here it is anyways)

1:  Take a page from WoT and BAN Premium ships.  Use Tech Tree ships only.

2:  Put more emphasis on NON-DAMAGE ribbons (or you can REDUCE the amount of xps from Damage)

3:  Do not have the ability to "Save" your star.  Your team looses, you loose to.  You might want to consider that if you finish on the bottom of the list then you LOOSE two stars.  Conversely if your team wins, top of the list GAINS two stars.

Okay that ends this thread so now the trolls can enjoy their responses.

Thank you

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,838 posts
17,387 battles

Yes, Ranked is filled with people who play random. The majority playing are average and usually populate Rank 10 and everything preceding it. Few make it past Rank 10. The better players usually rank out quick. The log jams are 15 -10, 9 - 5, and 5 - 1. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RST]
[RST]
Beta Testers
167 posts
9,887 battles

I don't especially care for Ranked.  I simply play until I qualify for the flag.  That's it. Not interested in playing with ppl who's only interest is saving their star.  

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,234 posts
9,589 battles
53 minutes ago, WRB8619 said:

RANKED = MINI RANDOM

My main problem with Ranked is simple:  To many players are NOT trying to win, they are just trying to "Save" their star and basically do NOTHING until near the end of he match, then rush forward when the other team has them outnumbered and don't care that they are going to take a citadel or two, then RAM someone, and "WALLAH!"  They end up on top of the list and saved their star.

Thing is, what you describe is virtually indistinguishable from players being impatient and getting blapped, deciding the game early, and then the remaining players, realising victory is not going to happen, do as you describe, indeed trying to "save a star".

Removing that ability wouldn't necessarily change things, as players would do the same thing, as the gameplay that saves a star also maximises rewards on the loss. (which can really matter, depending on your credit situation)

Take a page from WoT and BAN Premium ships.  Use Tech Tree ships only.

What would that do, other than make for smaller queues?

Do not have the ability to "Save" your star.  Your team looses, you loose to.  You might want to consider that if you finish on the bottom of the list then you LOOSE two stars.  Conversely if your team wins, top of the list GAINS two stars.

That's not a bad idea TBH...

Edited by Skpstr

[WHARF]
Members
296 posts
18,423 battles

sorry Ranked is just Random battles with better loot..sorry i like saving a star if i did the best....and cant see why someone plays just to save a star....dont make sense

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,001 posts
12,476 battles
2 hours ago, WRB8619 said:

I disagree with this part. Competitive is about overcoming the merits of the opposition. If you start banning the merits of peoples inventory the mode ceases to be competitive. Especially when those premium ships aside 2 are even close to the top three picks for this season.

2:  Put more emphasis on NON-DAMAGE ribbons (or you can REDUCE the amount of xps from Damage)

I don't know about that. The team that does the most damage usually wins.

3:  Do not have the ability to "Save" your star.  Your team looses, you loose to.  You might want to consider that if you finish on the bottom of the list then you LOOSE two stars.  Conversely if your team wins, top of the list GAINS two stars.

Saving A star mechanic is the one mistake WG made with this mode. It was introduced as a means to stop players on the loosing team from going after plebs who cost them the game. It's unfortunate that the term "Competitive" is so hard to understand today. When first introduced, Ranked was the Kings of the Sea tournament; and save a star ruined it.

Members
78 posts
3,255 battles

I just play ranked to earn containers more quickly, with 200% of first  victory. I don't really care if I lose stars maybe because I have been on R12. 

What's more, a s a player whose first T10 ship is GK, ranked is a place where it can be useful. 

shot-20_09.17_19_37.00-0737.thumb.jpg.fcf3b9e194b51682aca37bfbc8863898.jpgshot-20_09.17_19_37.06-0041.thumb.jpg.20e6f8309d7dd7b1c60bd3b2125c2f45.jpg

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
2 hours ago, Mustang2209 said:

I don't especially care for Ranked.  I simply play until I qualify for the flag.  That's it. Not interested in playing with ppl who's only interest is saving their star.  

Yep same here, Ranked is nothing but a different Random mode.

[-H-]
Members
210 posts
6,448 battles

I won't bother playing non premium t10 ships in ranked. While I have credits to burn, I hate the idea of losing credits just to play with these absolutely horror show t10 players.

T10 ships have no where else to rank up or go to.  So people sit there and camp behind islands not moving or supporting, or they suicide right off the bat. There is zero team play at this level because no one cares, the xp doesn't go to anything. Why would I not run nothing but premium ships after experiencing this continuously in ranked t10?

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,362 posts
10,202 battles
5 hours ago, WRB8619 said:

RANKED = MINI RANDOM

My advice (of course no one cares but here it is anyways)

Okay that ends this thread so now the trolls can enjoy their responses.

Thank you

I agree. Especially #1

This ranked is nothing but teams consisting mostly of stalingrads, petros and kremlin..and its no surprise why given that the russian cruisers can bow tank far better than any non-soviet battleship. Its ABSURD to see 5 ships of your team focus fire a non-soviet BB that is bow-on at 100% health and bring it down relatively quickly...then the soviet cruiser just behind it, also bow on, becomes the next focus target..and it bow-tanks those 5 ships for 3x longer than the BB did...all the while delivering more damage in return than his dead BB friend ever could hope to do. 

Its no surprise that you see so many brit BBs being used...they are the only ones than can hurt these soviet nonsense bow tanking cruisers.