Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Hi WG Can We Have A Patch With No Major Events Please

71 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,604
[POP]
Members
2,982 posts
24,051 battles

I know this might sound like a strange idea, but It might just give my sanity a reprieve for another couple of months.

This is not my first post on this subject and it certainly wont be the last, there are also others that have felt the same way and also wrote posts like this.

We all know that the level of game play has sunk so low its now just laughable for the most part, there are those here that are game to say it on the forum and even the ones that wont all agree its driving players away.

Its bad enough during in between periods but when we have major events like Dockyard or a Teletubbies collaboration or the Ninth sub branch of Russian Cruisers, players just lose the plot, not all but quite a lot.

A fever seems to get hold of them and they have to complete every mission in one game or die trying, and to hell with game play.

And with these events you have a task format that comes with it where DD's have to charge secondary build Battleships to get that last torpedo ribbon or Cruisers charging to enemy caps and there facing the entire enemy fleet.

Had a guy in our team tonight in a Wesser, yes a CV who decided he was going to brawl with a Amagi, then he must have realised it was not GZ he was in and decided to run, well its easy to figure out how that ended.

And these are just some of a myriad of acts of stupidity I have witnessed just in this last patch release and that's not mentioning the Rank shenanigans .   

Madness total madness out there all for the sake of getting that last torpedo/ fire ribbon and any other event requirement.

Coop games are fine to a point but they finish so quickly these days specially for some BB's in game you have no choice but to play random. 

So WG here is a novel idea how about you release a " BUG FIX " patch nothing spectacular just have our usual dailies but a patch to make the game run better gives players a break.

Yes it wont eliminate the madness completely but it will go a long way to reduce stupid play for at least a small amount of time so that we can restore some sanity.

 

 

 

 

  

  

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 13
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,001 posts
5,814 battles

I remember when the game was new, and there were long stretches of time without events. So people came to the forums to complain about being bored and "Wargaming gib more major events and stuff to do!"

Moral of the story here I think is to be careful what you wish for.:Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,216
[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
8 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I know this might sound like a strange idea, but It might just give my sanity a reprieve for another couple of months.

This is not my first post on this subject and it certainly wont be the last, there are also others that have felt the same way and also wrote posts like this.

We all know that the level of game play has sunk so low its now just laughable for the most part, there are those here that are game to say it on the forum and even the ones that wont all agree its driving players away.

Its bad enough during in between periods but when we have major events like Dockyard or a Teletubbies collaboration or the Ninth sub branch of Russian Cruisers, players just lose the plot, not all but quite a lot.

A fever seems to get hold of them and they have complete every mission in one game or die trying and to hell with game play.

And with these event you have a task format that comes with it where DD's have charge secondary build Battleships to get that last torpedo ribbon or Cruisers charging to enemy caps and there facing the entire enemy fleet.

Had a guy in our team tonight in a Wesser, yes a CV who decided he was going to brawl with a Amagi, then he must have realised it was not GZ he was in and decided to run, well its easy to figure out how that ended.

And these are just some of a myriad of acts of stupidity I have witnessed just in this last patch release and that's not mentioning the Rank shenanigans .   

Madness total madness out there all for the sake of getting that last torpedo/ fire ribbon and any other event requirement.

Coop games are fine to a point but they finish so quickly these days specially for some BB's in game you have no choice but to play random. 

So WG he is a novel idea how about you release a " BUG FIX " patch nothing spectacular just have our usual dailies but a patch to make game run better gives players a break.

Yes it wont eliminate the madness completely but it will go a long way to reduce stupid play for at least a small amount of time so that we can restore some sanity.

No.

Events aren't the cause of bad play, players are the cause. People begged for more events to fill the patches that had no events in them, so WG obliged. 

If players want a break, they can try something novel... exercise self control, and not participate in an event that is running. Why should WG not have events because a few people can't, or won't control themselves? 

  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,687
[WPORT]
Members
7,116 posts
12,107 battles
9 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Let me get this straight .. are you asking for an Event Patch to celebrate a Non-Event?  :fish_boom:

:cap_wander_2::cap_yes::Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,713
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,954 posts

Used to be it was roughly every other patch, now we're past every patch to overlapping events burying every patch.

Wish it would go back to every other patch.

 

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,040 posts
11,110 battles

I don’t think game play would be any better or worse with or without patches. I don’t see an issue with how events are going or how they overlap. Typically it just means more prizes for the same amount of games played. Sure there are specific ships or lines that need run to achieve some but then those overlap with most everything else. Generally unless it’s a directive or mission I really want to achieve I minimize how much I look at missions, just play the games I want in the modes I want, and let the prizes roll in.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,319
[SPTR]
Members
27,214 posts
17,170 battles

There's someone complaining about something you can't please everyone.

"WG make a patch with no events i just wanna relax when playing this game!"

"WG this patch is boring and meh add something for us to do!"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,819
[A-I-M]
Members
3,572 posts
14,456 battles

I did the “horse laugh” face to represent WG’s response.

I’m with you, though...a patch just to patch things, do a little QOL backfill, and not to proctologically insert some new event up the player base’s, ummm, “base,” would be a pleasant change.

One would believe WG thinks the game inherently lacks its own grinding opportunities, so much so, that players can’t find and pursue some of their own.

@Hapa_Fodder

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

It's the concurrent events mixed with the new content mixed with the adjustments to old content mixed with the new battle modes mixed with the old battle modes mixed with the adjusted maps mixed with the nerfs mixed with the buffs mixed with the new currencies mixed with the new dockyard mixed with the new campaign mixed with the new captains mixed with the proposed captain skill changes mixed with the new lines and classes mixed with ... well you get the idea. 

I was told in another thread "this is how the game survives, the devs are smarter than you. Spreadsheets." 

To a point I get it: 10 new people they catch in the event net who are initially excited are a lot easier to milk money from than the two veterans who are mad about everything not going their way. 

There are precisely 0 [edited] given about holding on to old players... they know you're going to leave anyway so they don't even try. You don't want to spend money? They don't care because 10 other people they catch in this transformers nonsense are going to spend WAY more than you before they get bored with the game and move on to the next trend only to be replaced by 10 MORE spendy people that will get caught in the next event that will be some Splinter Cell promo. 

Unfortunate but it's a reality I think we've seen confirmed over and over again every year. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,713
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,954 posts
18 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I did the “horse laugh” face to represent WG’s response.

I’m with you, though...a patch just to patch things, do a little QOL backfill, and not to proctologically insert some new event up the player base’s, ummm, “base,” would be a pleasant change.

One would believe WG thinks the game inherently lacks its own grinding opportunities, so much so, that players can’t find and pursue some of their own.

@Hapa_Fodder

I just want to play the game.  I don't need to be enticed.  At some point, the constant barrage just becomes exhausting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,604
[POP]
Members
2,982 posts
24,051 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

Let me get this straight .. are you asking for an Event Patch to celebrate a Non-Event?  :fish_boom:

No I am asking WG to ease up on jamming each and every patch with some major event and just have patch that is designed to just fix bugs and let us chill instead of burn out and total in game madness out of control.

like I said  you cant and or wont get rid of it completely but if you just have the dailies for month or two your wont have players trying going crazy, you may even get some half decent teams and games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,216
[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I just want to play the game.  I don't need to be enticed.  At some point, the constant barrage just becomes exhausting.

You already have the option to not look at the missions, and just play the game. What you are really asking for is to prevent other people from having something, because you can't/don't want to control yourself. It's like saying I want all grocery stores to stop stocking ice cream every second week, because I don't want to eat ice cream every week, and choose to not control my own purchases. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,713
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,954 posts
2 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

You already have the option to not look at the missions, and just play the game. What you are really asking for is to prevent other people from having something, because you can't/don't want to control yourself. It's like saying I want all grocery stores to stop stocking ice cream every second week, because I don't want to eat ice cream every week, and choose to not control my own purchases. 

You're projecting.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,216
[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

You're projecting.

 

No, you're asking WG to remove gaming options for all players. Why should my options for events be limited because you want a break? I'm stuck in the arctic and unable to play for the next week or two, so when I get back I shouldn't have events to play because you don't want any? 

 

  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,713
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,954 posts
7 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

No, you're asking WG to remove gaming options for all players. Why should my options for events be limited because you want a break? I'm stuck in the arctic and unable to play for the next week or two, so when I get back I shouldn't have events to play because you don't want any?

You're making ugly assumptions about my motives based on your thinking.

You're projecting.

Once more, and you just go on ignore. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,216
[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

You're making ugly assumptions about my motives based on your thinking.

You're projecting.

Once more, and you just go on ignore. 

Then please explain why other players should have options removed because you don't want to be "exhausted" by events. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,819
[A-I-M]
Members
3,572 posts
14,456 battles
11 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

Then please explain why other players should have options removed because you don't want to be "exhausted" by events. 

Actually, it is often the event that remove options. But it takes thought to grasp this. You come across as tremendously unwilling to exercise such thought.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles

Subby sounds like he's getting tired of being a monetization galley slave.  Subby should know that there are plenty of suckers/new players/bots out there to replace him.  

That said, i'm not sure I ever completed a single event.  I may have and not noticed though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,378
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,270 posts
11 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

You're making ugly assumptions about my motives based on your thinking.

You're projecting.

Once more, and you just go on ignore. 

You have the option of ignoring and event.  If there is no event, players don't have the option to just make one up. 

It makes much more sense to have an event that you can ignore if you want, than it does to not have one for the people that want them.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,216
[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
8 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Actually, it is often the event that remove options. But it takes thought to grasp this. You come across as tremendously unwilling to exercise such thought.

Care to explain for those of us unable to think on your deep level?

Or is your argument going to be that the event forces you to play a specific ship/line, preventing you from enjoying the game your way? If that is your argument then it fails, as you can ignore the event. 

Also, just a reminder that personal insults are against the forum rules. If you can't make your argument without resorting to insults, maybe your argument is flawed. 

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,713
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,954 posts
8 hours ago, Burnsy said:

You have the option of ignoring and event.  If there is no event, players don't have the option to just make one up. 

It makes much more sense to have an event that you can ignore if you want, than it does to not have one for the people that want them.

The effect that it has on the game for all players is much broader than "more options". 

The more the game becomes an overlapping barrage of grindy events, the more grind-focused gameplay we see by more players. 

It's not good for the health of the game or the enjoyment of the players. 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,091
[ARGSY]
Members
22,246 posts
16,226 battles

European Destroyers Part 2, earlier this year, was completely empty of directives or any other such missions.

Granted, it was also the launch patch for the Strong-Willed temporary campaign - but even that was six months, so you DID have the whole patch to chill out if you wanted and then pick up Strong-Willed and still finish it relatively easily.

That being said, I would definitely appreciate every yearly cycle having at least one such patch moving forward; tagging @Hapa_Fodder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
487
[NSEW]
Members
2,144 posts
11,480 battles

Frustrations abound, from Captains afar to near.  However, we need new 'content' to keep the pixel warriors something to strive for.  Otherwise, it's a hobby that will fall of a cliff and only to be heard by the sirens of the seas of the great tales of the battles by the nostalgic sailors of WoWS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,029
[WOLFG]
Members
11,115 posts
10,350 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

 

That being said, I would definitely appreciate every yearly cycle having at least one such patch moving forward; tagging @Hapa_Fodder.

I wouldn't mind this either, but collectors/people that never have enough to do are the one that drive profits.  They are going to cater to those people and expect the rest of us to self regulate (something I have to regularly remind myself).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×