You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Number9Pounder

How would it work mechanics Japanese battleship ize part 1

42 comments in this topic

[N9PTS]
Members
221 posts
605 battles

How would it work mechanics Japanese battleship ize Hyūga

The only way it would work is a premium ship

You would have to preserve the capabilities of the ship to Duke it out with another And at the same time find a way to use control right click to target your aircraft

This one ship type will sensually prove if it is done right at that world of warships is better

You would have to have manual control over your vessel and somehow work into that To control your aircraft

On a side note I wanted to buy the Japanese tone so badly cause it was one of my favorite 3 Japanese ships and I miss the window and I've been kicking myself ever since

Edited by Number9Pounder
  • Confused 1

[N9PTS]
Members
221 posts
605 battles

The hardest the ships to implement into any game in this happens the one of them

The easiest way how it would have to work is somewhere to a dunkerk ship

Edited by Number9Pounder

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,144 battles

.....what? Well, extremely broken english aside, i think I got the general idea of what you're trying to say, but I disagree. This would actually not be all that difficult. You use the same play model as you currently have with aircraft carriers, and all you do is put big battleship guns on the front of the ship. When you're using the planes, your ship is controlled by A.I just as CVs are now. The only real question is weather or not the A.I that runs the AA system also takes control of your main battery or not. Probably not. As for ship designs, they exist all over the place. 

089e3beb657c0166ae0b9ff7816ed1c3(1).jpg

• Cool 1

[N9PTS]
Members
221 posts
605 battles
15 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

.....what? Well, extremely broken english aside, i think I got the general idea of what you're trying to say, but I disagree. This would actually not be all that difficult. You use the same play model as you currently have with aircraft carriers, and all you do is put big battleship guns on the front of the ship. When you're using the planes, your ship is controlled by A.I just as CVs are now. The only real question is weather or not the A.I that runs the AA system also takes control of your main battery or not. Probably not. As for ship designs, they exist all over the place. 

089e3beb657c0166ae0b9ff7816ed1c3(1).jpg

the problem is hyperbole ships are so much more complex than a standard aircraft carrier

• Confused 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,037 posts
11,093 battles

I personally don’t think it will be that difficult. The squadrons will likely be situational so you will be piloting the ship a high percentage of the time. You will need to conserve aircraft because of the small amount of planes only using them in specific situations...unless WG goes a direction vastly different from original design which is possible

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,226 battles
1 hour ago, xTrowax said:

You use the same play model as you currently have with aircraft carriers, and all you do is put big battleship guns on the front of the ship. When you're using the planes, your ship is controlled by A.I just as CVs are now.

That is the absolute worst way to implement them. So you lose control of your ship and its guns, while you're in the air? These are battleships first and foremost, with aviation facilities - highly limited ones I remind you - glued on as afterthought.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,282 battles
2 hours ago, Number9Pounder said:

On a side note I wanted to buy the tone so badly cause it was one of my favorite 3 Japanese ships and I miss the window and I've been kicking myself ever since

When the hell was it ever on sale?

[PISD]
Members
1,658 posts
5,832 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

That is the absolute worst way to implement them. So you lose control of your ship and its guns, while you're in the air? These are battleships first and foremost, with aviation facilities - highly limited ones I remind you - glued on as afterthought.

True, but it would be to the player when he should use bombers. The use would be limited, but when you need to stay hidden or when you need to strike farther than your guns you could launch them.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,226 battles
3 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

True, but it would be to the player when he should use bombers. The use would be limited, but when you need to stay hidden or when you need to strike farther than your guns you could launch them.

So you're playing a gimped carrier and a gimped battleship, while incorporating the worst of both. Well, it would be historical.

How about this:

• The player always retains control of the ship

Attack squadrons are enhanced consumables. They function on a stripped down version of the old RTS system, having two employment modes:

• When sent to a map square they fly there in a straight line, linger for - say - 30 seconds, and auto-attack whatever the nearest thing spotted is, using the old RTS system auto drop mechanics
  • When sent to a specific target ship they fly over and auto-attack it directly using the old RTS system auto drop mechanics

These squadrons are smaller than those from a proper CV, because of limited flight deck space, elevator capacity and catapult capacity, allowing for one or two automatic drops, with turn-around between the attack runs a balancing mechanic.

Could even give them spotter plane consumables too, but sent to a specific map coordinate with - for example - a 1 minute linger time before returning to the ship to keep a location on the map spotted for the duration.

This way you get a benefit of your aviation facilities without encroaching on the versatility of a proper CV, nor giving up the use of your ship's guns. This way you're adding a new proper hybrid play style with - IMO - interesting mechanics that aren't overpowered and have counter play, without compromising on the original role of your ship.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,226 battles
14 minutes ago, Umikami said:

It never was. It was in supertest once but never made it to live server even for testing, IIRC.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,282 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

It never was. It was in supertest once but never made it to live server even for testing, IIRC.

Thank you; I thought I had missed something because I had never seen this ship offered anywhere; appreciate you clearing that up for me. Still getting used to the new Avatar; it reminds me of cats I see that live out of dumpsters in back of bars. Needs a cheeseburger or two!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,226 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Needs a cheeseburger or two!

Feel free to send some my way. Or like a pizza or something.

[PVE]
Members
7,243 posts
23,105 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

So you're playing a gimped carrier and a gimped battleship, while incorporating the worst of both. Well, it would be historical.

How about this:

Attack squadrons are enhanced consumables. They function on a stripped down version of the old RTS system, having two employment modes:

• When sent to a map square they fly there in a straight line, linger for - say - 30 seconds, and auto-attack whatever the nearest thing spotted is, using the old RTS system auto drop mechanics
  • When sent to a specific target ship they fly over and auto-attack it directly using the old RTS system auto drop mechanics

These squadrons are smaller than those from a proper CV, because of limited flight deck space, elevator capacity and catapult capacity, allowing for one or two automatic drops, with turn-around between the attack runs a balancing mechanic.

Could even give them spotter plane consumables too, but sent to a specific map coordinate with - for example - a 1 minute linger time before returning to the ship to keep a location on the map spotted for the duration.

This way you get a benefit of your aviation facilities without encroaching on the versatility of a proper CV, nor giving up the use of your ship's guns. This way you're adding a new proper hybrid play style with - IMO - interesting mechanics that aren't overpowered and have counter play, without compromising on the original role of your ship.

Auto drop w/no direct control can make for some serious TK scenarios...especially if you are knee deep in a brawl & can't concentrate on recalling if teammates get in the way...& if your target ends up in a close up brawl before the planes arrive.

Too many derpy teammates that will charge in when you think, "there's no way that low health DD will charge that full 2ndary specced BB...right?"

& bot AI (which is what those planes will be) has always had a soft spot for lining up TKs even when there's absolutely no reason for it.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,226 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Auto drop w/no direct control can make for some serious TK scenarios...especially if you are knee deep in a brawl & can't concentrate on recalling if teammates get in the way...& if your target ends up in a close up brawl before the planes arrive.

Too many derpy teammates that will charge in when you think, "there's no way that low health DD will charge that full 2ndary specced BB...right?"

& bot AI (which is what those planes will be) has always had a soft spot for lining up TKs even when there's absolutely no reason for it.

Those are fair points, and where the skill comes in, by way of target / location selector. Or removing teamdamage from these weapons, but that opens doors to other things.

[PISD]
Members
1,658 posts
5,832 battles
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

How about this:

Squadron auto attacking is not something that I find very good for the game.

but you could use them as a glorified radar: a consumables that spot a case the map with planes. Plus give it the fighter and the spotter in some improve form (more fighters maybe). Yes you would have less DPM (tho they can increase his sigma to balance it) and more utility.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,282 battles

Shocking Reasons You Shouldn't Let Your Cat Eat Pizza | Traveling With Your  Cat

But Cats with PIZZA?!?! That's just SILLY!!!!

Cat pizza evo GIF - Find on GIFER

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,226 battles
3 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Yes you would have less DPM (tho they can increase his sigma to balance it)

And tiering. An Ise could easily be like tier 5, for example.

[N9PTS]
Members
221 posts
605 battles
8 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

Very true

Even know the ships aircraft is limited you could use it as that in a pinch

[N9PTS]
Members
221 posts
605 battles
8 hours ago, Umikami said:

Japanese tone heavy cruiser

If you go on Google and type in world of warships tone

You will see that a couple of players managed to get their hands on the tone this is a long time ago

Annie Asian server

[N9PTS]
Members
221 posts
605 battles
7 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Very true your planes will be shredded because of the anti aircraft in  In seconds

There's a while basically is because of the old system the AA was and as Intense

Be auto drop feature if it's straight line only is problematic for the ship because mostly of all the ships anti aircraft

This ship is complicated and I just thought of how our to post this A-day or 2 ago

There would have to be a way to control your ship manually at the same time a way that your aircraft won't be completely obliterated once it leaves the flight hangarSome way that aircraft can speak trolled to keep them from being destroyed

[N9PTS]
Members
221 posts
605 battles
7 hours ago, Lert said:

Those are fair points, and where the skill comes in, by way of target / location selector. Or removing teamdamage from these weapons, but that opens doors to other things.

You don't mind me asking what are the things you Mean