You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
amoncz

This type of rank is so boring. It is a CHORE not FUN

52 comments in this topic

[SOTHS]
Members
92 posts
8,912 battles

Two lost, two wins, safe stars just till 12. 4-5 after 10. Why you just won't make one season to start from 30, each progress takes 8 stars plus zero safe? The last one was so much fun, 3 ships, short battles, brawling. No, you have to continue with this labor gulag to get steel. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 4

Members
508 posts
209 battles

Oh?! Rank season up again?  Thanks for the info.

yuck!  tier X!   Gues I'll go  :fish_book:

Edited by Laser_Beam
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,744 battles

It's a chore -- it's Rank.

But T10, you're right, is especially stupid. Lower tiers are better, but the devs generally forget other tiers exist.

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
15 minutes ago, amoncz said:

Two lost, two wins, safe stars just till 12. 4-5 after 10. Why you just won't make one season to start from 30, each progress takes 8 stars plus zero safe? The last one was so much fun, 3 ships, short battles, brawling. No, you have to continue with this labor gulag to get steel. 

You forgot to add if it doesn't change you're out, yet after all these whine posts you are still here making more whine posts, swinging door hitting you on the way out or back in ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 4

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
17 minutes ago, amoncz said:

just play CBs, and ranked up to 10 maybe higher is you want, that will give you a good amount of steel minus the snowflakes.

Edited by lordholland4293
spelling

[PVE]
Members
4,828 posts
21,196 battles
19 minutes ago, amoncz said:

Our host simply could care less what we think.......  I played my obligatory one ranked battle and that is all there will be.....  It's just a stupid mode with little to do but depend on being on an OP team enough to advance.  Some are not even trying in the matches and just yolo in for the heck of it......over and over and over again.  Believe it or not, the one's I talk to could care less anymore about quality play in this game.....  What's the point??? 

• Sad 1

Members
3,354 posts
17,106 battles

Every season I go up to Rank 10. Grab all the goodies up to that point and stop before the insanity starts. 

Typical Rank 11+ battles:   Win 3 lose 2, win 1, lose 2, win 1 lose 2 ....next thing you know, you are back at rank 10 needing 6-7 stars for rank 11.  It's really the dumbest battle mode. For those who don't have much of a life and can sit for days doing ranks.  

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,583 posts
4,223 battles

Hmm, if only there was a way you could avoid all that trouble....oh wait, there is.

If you don't like Ranked, don't play it. If it does actually bother enough people so that the population drops, WG will do something. Otherwise, just play the other gamemodes.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts

I was planning to use Ranked to finish out the last (5th) Mission for Swirski ... unfortunately Ranked Battles don't count.  Just Randoms and a token CoOp or 2 for all the Tasks.  :Smile_facepalm:

[A-I-M]
Members
3,713 posts
23,853 battles
1 hour ago, khorender_1 said:

You forgot to add if it doesn't change you're out, yet after all these whine posts you are still here making more whine posts, swinging door hitting you on the way out or back in ?

Best Revolving Door GIFs | Gfycat

• Cool 2

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I agree.  Never did Ranked before this season because it just always looked like such a chore.  Played this season and it no longer looks like a chore, it is a chore.  Made it to Rank 10 but I am not sure if I have it in me to continue.  4 stars to move up seems like a lot and honestly, losing rank after you worked hard to get it, kind of puts a bad taste in your mouth to be honest.  Still it was nice to get some steel to help along my coal ship grind (since I will never have enough steel for a steel ship, I will just convert it all to coal when I buy).

1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

I was planning to use Ranked to finish out the last (5th) Mission for Swirski ... unfortunately Ranked Battles don't count.  Just Randoms and a token CoOp or 2 for all the Tasks.  :Smile_facepalm:

Yeah tell me about it.   I should have read the objective a bit better but I was super happy to be able to play rank AND progress my tasks.  About 20 ranked battles later, I noticed that my task wasn't progressing.....oh it only progresses in Random Battles only <sigh>.   

Honestly I think this sort of thing is the biggest think I hate about this game.  I always feel so restricted in everything I do at least if I want to get any of the special rewards and quite honestly the special rewards generally are too good to just disregard.  Unfortunately for me 75% of the time progressing these highly restricted tasks, mean not enjoying the game.   I think this is one of the reasons why I just up and quit randomly, sometimes for 6-9 months at a time, I just get frustrated be forced to play the game a certain way or lose out on all the cool stuff. 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,852 posts
17,450 battles

Regular ranked is harder than ranked sprint. A couple reasons..

-More competitive people playing

-More skilled players playing

-steel is distributed 

-more try hards 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles

I'm done with Ranked for this season. Made it to 11. The only thing 10 brings is a league flag and I ain't interested in grinding down the line. Now, if WG were to put in one or more "irrevocable" ranks at, say, 9 and 5 then I might push a bit more. It's just too large a target to get from 12 to 1. Need those "shelters" in the middle.

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 1

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,105 battles

I am enjoying it thus far. Currently 3/4 of the way thru rank 9 after 18 games. Typically average between 100-200k per game in GK. I'm mostly playing for the steel. I don't want to be in a clan, but I want Bourgogne and this seems like an opportunity to earn quite a bit. 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,852 posts
17,450 battles

There was a post placed about regular ranked after the last season. The OP commented about approaching it from the perspective of shorter matches, the ability to pound out grinds faster, and the XP opportunities. He said leave nothing on the table. I agree, take advantage of Ranked. If you can rank out, great! Even if you can’t, remember there is opportunity there. Take advantage of it. I never rank out but I did get my DM legendary upgrade finished one season with it. If you can make it to Rank 10 you can put the discount flag on every ship you own. Every little bit helps.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[HINON]
Members
13,830 posts
2 hours ago, khorender_1 said:

These arent even the entertaining meltdowns we used to get every season from a certain player who no longer posts on the forums. Those were entertaining in a look there's a car crash sort of disturbing way.

[ENDO]
Members
111 posts

Day one was fun. Day two for me has been horrible. Lol. At least half of winning in ranked 7v7 simply lottery of what team is going to have grander failure in the first 2 minutes. 

The trick I've found is timing. As in playing super early morning. In my time zone if I keep playing past 0500 the quality of my experience plummets. Lol. 2330 to 0500 is when I play ranked. Benefits of graveyard.

Members
2,359 posts
32,808 battles

I'm looking at it as another game mode instead of 12 v 12.  I usually get to rank 4 or 3 then run out of patience, enthusiasm and/or time.  Never ranked out.

I look at it now as a chance to play a variety of ships and grind away at all the transformer, docktard, daily tasks etc.   At rank 10 and winning, losing, ad infinitum.  But kind of enjoying it as a change of pace none the less.

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,214 battles
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

It's a chore -- it's Rank.

But T10, you're right, is especially stupid. Lower tiers are better, but the devs generally forget other tiers exist.

Normally I'd agree, but lately the player turnout for ranked has been making me want to play higher tiers just to get away from as many of them as possible. You can't carry a team in the warspite, or the West Virginia, or even the Alabama/Massachusetts. They just don't have the armor/hp pool or firepower for it. And if I'm having to pick up the slack for between 1/3 and 1/2 my team, I need something stronger. This season this far hasn't been bad for me, since I can do this in the Ohio, Shikishima, and Thunderer. If wargaming would fix the MM so it accounts for more than just the ships being used then yeah, I would absolutely advocate for less high tier ranked, but until then it's far more preferable. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,185 posts

FWIW I max flag the Kremlin then play it like a random. I'm at 13.1 right now and in no hurry to move up/down. I stop at the first flag as well, 10 or so? 

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,744 battles
34 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

Normally I'd agree, but lately the player turnout for ranked has been making me want to play higher tiers just to get away from as many of them as possible. You can't carry a team in the warspite, or the West Virginia, or even the Alabama/Massachusetts. They just don't have the armor/hp pool or firepower for it. And if I'm having to pick up the slack for between 1/3 and 1/2 my team, I need something stronger. This season this far hasn't been bad for me, since I can do this in the Ohio, Shikishima, and Thunderer. If wargaming would fix the MM so it accounts for more than just the ships being used then yeah, I would absolutely advocate for less high tier ranked, but until then it's far more preferable. 

So far i've been spared most of the morons. Had some really good teams. 

But you're right, the Ranked MM needs an upgrade. Minimally, radar needs to be part of the MM sorting process. Loaded into a couple of games in which all the radar was on one side, or 8 of the 16 ships had radar....

[SALVO]
Members
25,838 posts
28,189 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Our host simply could care less what we think.......  I played my obligatory one ranked battle and that is all there will be.....  It's just a stupid mode with little to do but depend on being on an OP team enough to advance.  Some are not even trying in the matches and just yolo in for the heck of it......over and over and over again.  Believe it or not, the one's I talk to could care less anymore about quality play in this game.....  What's the point??? 

Which is really sad, Asym.  Ranked, in theory, ought to be a fun thing for players to engage in.  But the advancement model has completely drained all of the fun out of Ranked.  Seasons are too long and tedious.

In my opinion, they need to completely scrap the current Ranked model and come up with something new and fresh.  The problem here is, though, I expect that WG doesn't see any financial reason to do it.  Heck, they could scrap regular Ranked entirely and just keep Sprint, and that might be an improvement.

• Boring 1