Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mahrs

How to Buffalo?

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

I don’t wanna get in the “Buffalo is buffalo chips” band wagon just yet. I’m sure she has strengths...I’m just not sure what they are. My initial experience with the ship has been pretty awful. She’s not agile, she’s not tanky, she’s not really stealthy...

Anyone got a sweet guide or how to video they can point me to? I’ve already wasted some pretty sweet camo/signals on some of the worst matches I’ve played in any ship where I was a huge handicap to my team...

Related question - I know DM is regarded as strong...please tell me you don’t need to island hump to play her...because...well...that doesn’t work for me. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,838 posts
17,387 battles

In the right hands the Buffalo can do really good. For the average player she falls right in line with the majority of USN tech tree cruisers. She needs to island hump like from T5 Omaha to  T10’s Worcester, Des Moines, and Salem. Rare exceptions would be the smoke option USN DD’s and Alaska. 
Now in the hands of a skilled cruiser captain they can open water as a option. Usually making it look easy like a athlete who can slam dunk a basketball. Easy peasy right? LoL 

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

Well, both videos were quality...one seemed more helpful though...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[GOOF]
Members
773 posts
6,469 battles

Come and visit for one.

Second if it's not Frank's hot sauce I'm afraid you don't know what you're missing.

But in all seriousness Buffalo is a wonderful HE slinger with great accuracy and good fire chance, why the reds could be your own hot buffalo wings platter.

But she's t9 which makes her vulnerable to t10 and her USN design makes her light and squishy broadside, you want want to get that full broadside 4 fires blue cheese and angry reds but you get cit by those big hungry BBS who know your ship too well

I play her as close support and kiting every chance I get, you do great he damage but you have to play it smart. I try not to be alone out there but when I am it's wiggle time

Vary your shirts between enemies to get 4 8 12 Fires going on the reds, make sure you use wasd hacks.

Find a bb friend and lend your AA, while they slug away you can use your great HE,

I had to have this ship I live here, I just want little rock to round it out

buffalo-ny-may-15-2018-the-guided-missile-cruiser-uss-little-rock-moored-at-the-buffalo-erie-naval-military-park-in-buffalo-new-york-P1NXRR.jpg

[PVE]
Members
7,238 posts
23,105 battles
2 hours ago, Mahrs said:

Well, both videos were quality...one seemed more helpful though...

Only watched the 1st 1...tips on what to do when bears & Indians attack are always useful (can't figure out why I'm the only 1 that thanked him for that???)...

Can't imagine what the 2nd video was about???

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
207 posts
1,576 battles

I've always felt the USN CA line is just a USN CL line with fewer guns to trade for more situational tools and guns. Marry an island, islands are infinite armor. Pick off a few dds and CLs, push up to the next set of islands. Rinse repeat.  

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

This is not how to buffalo

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 1

Members
474 posts
10,013 battles
46 minutes ago, Roken1 said:

I've always felt the USN CA line is just a USN CL line with fewer guns to trade for more situational tools and guns. Marry an island, islands are infinite armor. Pick off a few dds and CLs, push up to the next set of islands. Rinse repeat.  

But the AP shells of USN CAs can print citadel ribbons like nuts, even from certain BBs, all thanks to the increased ricochet angle.

Edited by Singularity_invader

Members
729 posts
10,104 battles
On 9/19/2020 at 2:28 PM, Mahrs said:

Related question - I know DM is regarded as strong...please tell me you don’t need to island hump to play her...because...well...that doesn’t work for me. 

You don't need to island hump at all. It's something you do when you get the opportunity.

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

At this point, MM just wants me to hate her. I’m putting out damage, getting kills, using radar...and surviving loss after loss because my team loses so hard, so fast, the reds don’t have time to kill me. Crazy how terrible my teams have been all weekend. I know it’s random...but, damn...feels vindictive.

She may not be a great ship, but it’s still a heavy cruiser...there’s potential there, for sure. 

ETA: finally got a win...had to carry a T10 match to do it, but I managed.

Edited by Mahrs

Members
474 posts
10,013 battles
3 minutes ago, Mahrs said:

At this point, MM just wants me to hate her. I’m putting out damage, getting kills, using radar...and surviving loss after loss because my team loses so hard, so fast, the reds don’t have time to kill me. Crazy how terrible my teams have been all weekend. I know it’s random...but, damn...feels vindictive.

She may not be a great ship, but it’s still a heavy cruiser...there’s potential there, for sure. 

You might as well start playing PVE if your loss rate is so high. At least you'll have faster games with less waiting time, if you can afford the high service cost.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,271 battles

I really hated that ship. I did some of the grind in Arms Race. Good AP shells but the rate of fire is awful.  It is squishy as well. The Des Moines is a far better ship.

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles
1 hour ago, Singularity_invader said:

You might as well start playing PVE if your loss rate is so high. At least you'll have faster games with less waiting time, if you can afford the high service cost.

Yup. 41% for the weekend. My PR improved, my battles survived improved, my average damage improved...everything improved..couldn’t win a damn match.

Sign in to follow this