Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Condor_Legion

Halland Forward Firing Turret Bug

6 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
578 posts
13,190 battles

I have had this bug for a while but could not explain it in proper form. When you engage a target with just your front turret it will not shot and it will say unable to aim in this direction. Even in third person aiming mode it will not fire until you aim beyond 6-8km in open water. It is only in a cone shape in front of the ship 1-3 degrees and it is a small section but a critical one.

Screenshot (126).png

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,175 battles

I don't have the ship model in front of me, but is there anything at the front of it that would stop it firing? They have something similar on the Venezia that stops it's third forward turret from shooting straight ahead. 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,844 posts
17,399 battles

There are rockets in front of the guns. It will not allow you to fire while aiming straight forward and depressing your guns downward. This mechanic is more noticeable to me on the Halland (don’t have the Smaland) than any other ship I’ve played.

I thought it was a bug too and was going to send in a ticket until a clan mate told me what it was.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 3

[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
578 posts
13,190 battles

Well I can tell you it has almost cost me a fight or two not being able to shot forward at a target in front of me. Good to know thanks for all the responses!

Members
646 posts
19,884 battles

As others have mentioned, this actually isn't a bug. The Halland class have the 375mm ASW mortars mounted on the bow, which give the Halland and Smaland a dead zone forward inside of ~7km.

[LANCE]
Members
846 posts
6,299 battles
4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

There are rockets in front of the guns. It will not allow you to fire while aiming straight forward and depressing your guns downward. This mechanic is more noticeable to me on the Halland (don’t have the Smaland) than any other ship I’ve played.

I thought it was a bug too and was going to send in a ticket until a clan mate told me what it was.

Smaland does it too and like you say it’s the rockets in front of the turret.

Sign in to follow this