Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jondoom

Kurfurst in ranked is a based god

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

80
[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles

At least in my hands. There have been more games like this. Heavily recommend this as a way to complete the base exp missions easily and efficiently . ( I should probably buy a permanent camouflage for this ship. I wanted the Iron Cross and never got a chance to spend my German tokens on it).

shot-20.09.17_22.42.38-0388.jpg

shot-20.09.17_22.47.45-0029.jpg

shot-20.09.19_14.29.33-0113.jpg

shot-20.09.19_14.29.41-0918.jpg

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
584
[-TKS-]
Members
1,265 posts
9,844 battles
3 minutes ago, jondoom said:

At least in my hands. There have been more games like this. Heavily recommend this as a way to complete the base exp missions easily and efficiently . ( I should probably buy a permanent camouflage for this ship. I wanted the Iron Cross and never got a chance to spend my German tokens on it).

shot-20.09.17_22.42.38-0388.jpg

shot-20.09.17_22.47.45-0029.jpg

shot-20.09.19_14.29.33-0113.jpg

shot-20.09.19_14.29.41-0918.jpg

With how close engagement ranges can be and how the bow on meta is forced by Soviet ships like Kremlin and Stalingrad, Kurfurst can be used quite effectively. However, I think where she struggles is if the map caters to more long range engagements, where you can’t hide her island sized hull from HE spam.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,060
[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
1 hour ago, jondoom said:

At least in my hands. There have been more games like this. Heavily recommend this as a way to complete the base exp missions easily and efficiently . ( I should probably buy a permanent camouflage for this ship. I wanted the Iron Cross and never got a chance to spend my German tokens on it).

 

"GK in ranked is a based god."

Based on what?

                       

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
602 posts
12,371 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

"GK in ranked is a based god."

Based on what?

                       

I thought he gave a nice succinct summary below his screenshots. Maybe you disagree,  but what more did you want?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,060
[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
Just now, contag10n said:

I thought he gave a nice succinct summary below his screenshots. Maybe you disagree,  but what more did you want?

Wooosh.  That was the sound of my point flying right over your head.

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
602 posts
12,371 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Wooosh.  That was the sound of my point flying right over your head.

oh so you're the grammar police!

:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,060
[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
Just now, contag10n said:

oh so you're the grammar police!

:cap_like:

And you're the person who prefers to blame others rather than accept responsibility for their own mistakes.

  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
10 posts
3,088 battles

Haven't tried the GK in Ranked yet, but in Random it always seems to be a priority target so I shy away from it.  The Republique, on the other hand....that seems to be rather underrated.   Near heavy cruiser reload times with "some" armor perks of a BB and some decent guns as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
602 posts
12,371 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

And you're the person who prefers to blame others rather than accept responsibility for their own mistakes.

No no I  apologize, I completely missed the grammar police badge. I sincerely thought you were trying to add meaningful commentary in your original post.

I own that.

:cap_book:

  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,107
[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,933 battles
40 minutes ago, contag10n said:

No no I  apologize, I completely missed the grammar police badge. I sincerely thought you were trying to add meaningful commentary in your original post.

I own that.

:cap_book:

Did you not see that line in his sig?  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,378
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

And you're the person who prefers to blame others rather than accept responsibility for their own mistakes.

Let's see how good you are at it.

It isn't a spelling mistake or a grammar mistake.  Based is "slang" and has a few meanings.

In the context that OP is using it though, it means that something ignores or goes against popular opinion and social norms. He is saying that despite the GK's general reputation among the player base, of not being one of the best BBs for competitive play, it is doing well for him.

While OP is using informal speech, OP's use of the word was intended and is correct.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,378
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
1 minute ago, Litigo_1970 said:

Actually it appears he meant that Kurfurst in ranked is a good way to accumulate "Base" experience.

 

Google "based", click on the first link in the results, urban dictionary.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles

Burnsy is right about the way I'm using based here. It's a term the young cats use to describe something that goes against the grain but works. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,391
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles
5 hours ago, jondoom said:

At least in my hands. There have been more games like this. Heavily recommend this as a way to complete the base exp missions easily and efficiently . ( I should probably buy a permanent camouflage for this ship. I wanted the Iron Cross and never got a chance to spend my German tokens on it).

Maybe in your hands. But most GKs I see go down pretty fast. I see them mostly as food. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,383
[A-I-M]
Members
3,685 posts
23,766 battles
45 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Google "based", click on the first link in the results, urban dictionary.

I'm big on using words from the urban dictionary in articles for the professional literature.

It really enhances my likelihood of publication. 

Thug Life Editor – Make Thug Life Meme Online

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles
9 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Maybe in your hands. But most GKs I see go down pretty fast. I see them mostly as food. 

The German line was the first one I started years ago and overall it's the one I have the most EXP with, but I've got almost 200 games in Roma and I think that actually helps a lot with knowing where you can be and when/where/how to strike with an unreliable main battery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,252
[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Glad your enjoying the ship.   Generally speaking I don't feel very threatened by them in Ranked but any ship can be deadly in skilled hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,378
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
54 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I'm big on using words from the urban dictionary in articles for the professional literature.

It really enhances my likelihood of publication. 

Thug Life Editor – Make Thug Life Meme Online

I wasn't aware that the world of warships video game forum is professional literature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[ENDO]
Members
111 posts

Glad you are getting results. Most GKs I've seen are getting roasted alive by thunderers. I'd say its been the season of thunderer, halland, and Petro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,060
[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
4 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Let's see how good you are at it.

It isn't a spelling mistake or a grammar mistake.  Based is "slang" and has a few meanings.

In the context that OP is using it though, it means that something ignores or goes against popular opinion and social norms. He is saying that despite the GK's general reputation among the player base, of not being one of the best BBs for competitive play, it is doing well for him.

While OP is using informal speech, OP's use of the word was intended and is correct.

It's not slang.  Not even close.  It's just lazy.  The word is "biased", not "based".

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,378
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
46 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's not slang.  Not even close.  It's just lazy.  The word is "biased", not "based".

No, it's based and it is the word OP intended to use. Biased is a different word with a different meaning.

Based isn't formal English, but it is a slang term thrown around a lot as of late.  The word had it's roots in a modern political context, but it has sort of morphed into a more general use term, as slang terms often do on the internet.

You made a mistake in trying to correct OP.  It's ok though, mistakes happen and humans make mistakes.  It is how we learn sometimes, me included. 

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,488
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,711 posts
24,985 battles
6 hours ago, contag10n said:

I thought he gave a nice succinct summary below his screenshots. Maybe you disagree,  but what more did you want?

The OP may or may not be doing good overall with GK, not going to check stats, but the ship overall in Ranked so far is in the middle of the pack in WR%.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/season/18,The-Eighteenth-Season/

Here's the list of ships, sorted by WR% for the current Ranked.  GK is 5 spots below Colbert, I couldn't squeeze GK into the screenshot.

4Y89Kat.jpg

 

GK however is at the moment, the most played ship.

And word to DM players out there :Smile_honoring:

x1pWTmw.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,378
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The OP may or may not be doing good overall with GK, not going to check stats, but the ship overall in Ranked so far is in the middle of the pack in WR%.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/season/18,The-Eighteenth-Season/

Here's the list of ships, sorted by WR% for the current Ranked.  GK is 5 spots below Colbert, I couldn't squeeze GK into the screenshot.

4Y89Kat.jpg

 

GK however is at the moment, the most played ship.

And word to DM players out there :Smile_honoring:

x1pWTmw.jpg

Wow, I was always told that Hayate is kind of a bad ship.  Now I sort of want one. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×