Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkullCowboy_60

Code for a flag (Working again! For how long??)

39 comments in this topic

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
643 posts
5,653 battles

THARSHEBLOWS2020

Talk like a pirate day flag.

Edit:

unfortunately the code received the maximum number of redemptions (10k) very quickly. Were working on a fix for this behind the scenes but it may take a bit. We will update the post again we get it back up and running. -Karmat1ka

Cirran

Edited by SkullCowboy_60
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 3

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

You know I was just thinking last night how useless flags are.   I mean they generally speaking give you no bonuses and because of the scale of the ships in game, no one is every going to see which flag you've hoisted, probably not even you yourself outside of the port view so what is the point.   This is a "feature" that could be cool like if the various flags you earned were more like perm camos in that they all conferred different bonuses to earning credits, earning XP, earning FXP, reducing service costs, etc but they are just wasted because they are decoration no one every notices or sees.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
31,206 posts
9,579 battles
21 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

This is a "feature" that could be cool like if the various flags you earned were more like perm camos in that they all conferred different bonuses to earning credits, earning XP, earning FXP, reducing service costs, etc....

I think that might have been a plan originally, but the complaints about the MMC flag seem to have kiboshed that.

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
347 posts
5,626 battles

I've activated the code but nothing happened. Welp.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,837 posts
26,546 battles

Doesn't work for me, but I already have the red Jolly Roger anyway.

[CWM]
Members
614 posts
6,742 battles
6 minutes ago, Efros said:

Doesn't work for me, but I already have the red Jolly Roger anyway.

I don’t have that flag and it doesn’t work for me. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
1 hour ago, Midnitewolf said:

You know I was just thinking last night how useless flags are.   I mean they generally speaking give you no bonuses and because of the scale of the ships in game, no one is every going to see which flag you've hoisted, probably not even you yourself outside of the port view so what is the point.   This is a "feature" that could be cool like if the various flags you earned were more like perm camos in that they all conferred different bonuses to earning credits, earning XP, earning FXP, reducing service costs, etc but they are just wasted because they are decoration no one every notices or sees.

They aren't wasted just because you choose to not enjoy them. 

I quite enjoy my various flags, and often mix and match flags on ships that I find amusing. All my German ships fly the Jutland flag based on the RN White Ensign, and my French ships fly the Trafalgar flag based on the RN White Ensign

Edited by VeatherVitch
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
470 posts

57 minutes ago on the Facebook post.

unfortunately the code received the maximum number of redemptions (10k) very quickly. Were working on a fix for this behind the scenes but it may take a bit. We will update the post again we get it back up and running. -Karmat1ka

Cirran

• Thanks 2

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,926 battles
31 minutes ago, TheGreatKiller26 said:

Can someone send a screenshot of the flag?

My guess is that it's this flag.  If you've already gotten it before the code will do nothing.

tlap.PNG

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
643 posts
5,653 battles
Just now, Amenhir said:

My guess is that it's this flag.  If you've already gotten it before the code will do nothing.

tlap.PNG

Yup. That flag.

Members
696 posts
61 battles

giving out a flag to any random internet user is a bit disappointing, if I remember correctly, the flag was earned by particpants in a special in game event, for which it would be nice if it remained exclusive, as originally intended. If not, well, giving out codes to unique flags to get facebook clicks is still cheap.

this above statement may annoy/irritate those who don't have the flag, sorry. (also my memory is possibly incorrect, I am confusing it with another event maybe?)

Edited by hateboat
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Members
2 posts
2,281 battles
5 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

5-yard penalty for inaccurate whining.    Could they do more with flags?  Sure.  I agree with you.   But to the actual content of your comment;

See Ranks #5 and #10 - https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/ranked-18/

"League Flags reduce the cost of servicing your ships by 10% and 20% until the end of the Season. Flags awarded for joining Leagues will be removed from player accounts at the end of the Season."

The "nobody sees them" line is likewise rubbish.  If I'm sunk in a match, I'll follow the survivors to watch the outcome, and check out their kit to amuse myself. 

image.thumb.png.b301c4035dbbd28153cc5b43c8244178.png

Edited by Wherdgo
  • Cool 1

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
750 posts
13,970 battles
1 hour ago, hateboat said:

giving out a flag to any random internet user is a bit disappointing, if I remember correctly, the flag was earned by particpants in a special in game event, for which it would be nice if it remained exclusive, as originally intended. If not, well, giving out codes to unique flags to get facebook clicks is still cheap.

this above statement may annoy/irritate those who don't have the flag, sorry. (also my memory is possibly incorrect, I am confusing it with another event maybe?)

I think you're speaking of the pirate hunter flag. It is a black ship with sails on a white field. However, they may have given that one away at some point as well. I know they have given the turkey event flag and camos away freely several times. And you are correct it takes away from those who played and participated in those events and the rarity of those flags.  

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,080 posts
12,062 battles
6 hours ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

THARSHEBLOWS2020

Talk like a pirate day flag.

REDEEM

Invalid code. Please make sure you entered the correct code

Sign in to follow this