Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_JohnWick_

Captian skills/equipment setup

6 comments in this topic

Members
95 posts
2,759 battles

Hey guys...

as mentioned in a previous post... i'm back after sometime away and really enjoying the game.

I'm quite confused over what captain skills to use and what equipment setup to use for BB/CC/DDs.  Just wondering is there a website or something that shows me the best setups for whatever class i'm sailing in.  I realize that not all ships in the same class are built the same and therefore will have diff setups.  I'm more looking for a general idea.

I follow Notser and Flamu on youtube and they are a great help...  Any suggestions?

[WOLFG]
Members
31,245 posts
9,613 battles
2 minutes ago, _JohnWick_ said:

Hey guys...

as mentioned in a previous post... i'm back after sometime away and really enjoying the game.

I'm quite confused over what captain skills to use and what equipment setup to use for BB/CC/DDs.  Just wondering is there a website or something that shows me the best setups for whatever class i'm sailing in.  I realize that not all ships in the same class are built the same and therefore will have diff setups.  I'm more looking for a general idea.

I follow Notser and Flamu on youtube and they are a great help...  Any suggestions?

Don't worry about it too much, we have a skill rework coming up.

At least, I wouldn't spend any CXP or FXP.

Plus, different ships will have different "ideal" setups, which aren't ideal for some players.

With the skill rework OTW, you might take this opportunity to make some "meme" builds, or otherwise play around with the current skills.

As far as equipment, again, due to the skill rework, I'd avoid anything fancy, as you might find it less suitable with the new skills. (and some equipment may be nerfed in the meantime. I'd suggest sticking with the timeless classics, and avoiding any that, for example, affect consumable action time or effectiveness. 

[SALVO]
Members
5,934 posts
4,946 battles

Try the wiki for a first basic guide, then it would be quicker to ask here for particular builds.

[WPORT]
Members
7,096 posts
12,080 battles
5 minutes ago, _JohnWick_ said:

Hey guys...

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Commander_Skill_Points

World of Warships "Skill Builder"
https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=&ship=Battleship

[WPORT]
Members
7,096 posts
12,080 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Don't worry about it too much, we have a skill rework coming up.

At least, I wouldn't spend any CXP or FXP.

Plus, different ships will have different "ideal" setups, which aren't ideal for some players.

With the skill rework OTW, you might take this opportunity to make some "meme" builds, or otherwise play around with the current skills.

As far as equipment, again, due to the skill rework, I'd avoid anything fancy, as you might find it less suitable with the new skills. (and some equipment may be nerfed in the meantime. I'd suggest sticking with the timeless classics, and avoiding any that, for example, affect consumable action time or effectiveness. 

+1

Sign in to follow this