You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DJC_499

Highest Ever First Win XP Bonus

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
1,310 posts
10,131 battles

I have been playing a little over three years and I have enjoyed the periodic 200% XP First Win Bonus and am certainly enjoying it this week as I try to hoard as much EXP as possible preparation for this probable forthcoming change in Captain skills. In further thinking about this I cannot recall a higher XP-oriented first win bonus (this is not related to snowflake events for steel and SCs, etc.) than this 200% and am wondering if some of the "old-timers" can recall any higher bonus awards that were ever made available. (Thanks)

Edited by DJC_499

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,044 posts
11,131 battles

It is a nice bonus, I agree. Especially with grinding t10 ships for SC during this event. I should get 2, maybe 3 more t10. Kudos for the event alignment on this item to WG. I’ve been playing almost 3 years and don’t recall anything higher.

Edited by ditka_Fatdog
  • Thanks 1

[TRU]
Members
711 posts
20,576 battles
9 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

It is a nice bonus, I agree. Especially with grinding t10 ships for SC during this event. I should get 2, maybe 3 more t10. Kudos for the event alignment on this item to WG. I’ve been playing almost 3 years and don’t recall anything higher.

Yep it worked out well as I thought I would never get to the tier 10 German CV in time.   Of course, I got another 100 juliet charlies out of that SC.  Still, better than nothing.  In my last random battle in the Parseval we wound up winning even though Notser was with the reds.  

Next, I was thinking of the Smaland but still struggle with tossing 2 million fxp at one ship.  At 1.85 now.

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,044 posts
11,131 battles
27 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

Next, I was thinking of the Smaland but still struggle with tossing 2 million fxp at one ship.  At 1.85 now.

Off topic, but I like my smaland. I don’t play it a ton but it was worth it to me. If you earn free xp quickly I’d say it’s worth it, if not then I’d hold off. JMO and best of luck

[CO-OP]
Members
2,305 posts
26,802 battles
1 hour ago, DJC_499 said:

In further thinking about this I cannot recall a higher XP-oriented first win bonus (this is not related to snowflake events for steel and SCs, etc.) than this 200% and am wondering if some of the "old-timers" can recall any higher bonus awards that were ever made available. (Thanks)

200% seems to be the highest that I can remember.  However, the new premium ships come with a temporary +200% XP bonus, so first victory with a München is worth 5x normal.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,329 posts
9,629 battles

Definitely a nice bonus. With the FXP generation, I was able to finish off my Donskoi grind and pick up Nevsky, which yielded an SC with 30 days premium.

[TRU]
Members
711 posts
20,576 battles
On 9/19/2020 at 9:54 AM, ditka_Fatdog said:

Off topic, but I like my smaland. I don’t play it a ton but it was worth it to me. If you earn free xp quickly I’d say it’s worth it, if not then I’d hold off. JMO and best of luck

Thanks for the input.  I just put Swirzski in the halland so I may have to invest in a decently trained captain for the smalland.  

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,716 battles

I hate the 200% events. I usually get the useless teams and it's a waste of flags. The few times when, it was great, was the time with the now removed scenarios. Or before they nerfed the XP in Narai. The chances of a win are great and you could farm tons of freeXP this way by rotating through your T6/7/8 ships. 

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

When the game first launched, 200% first win was every day.
But the players liked it, so it got cancelled.
That's one of the reasons why they eventually lowered the grind for tiers 4 & 5.
New players saw how hard it was just to get one tier 4 or 5 ship, and they quit the game.