You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bismarck1983

Karma points just makes me sad

36 comments in this topic

[LOS]
Alpha Tester
115 posts
6,459 battles

During the ranked battle....it makes me sad as wargaming brings out the most toxic people ever.

I started off with a good...decent karma points being a happy go lucky, giving +1 to people that can kill me due to a lucky or skilled shot...well
During a ranked battle each time i say "dang thats a good shot  -1....
i carry the team only to die saying "thats a wonderfull shot you got me" -1
Hey guys lets have a good game  -1
seems the karma system just isnt worth while when you can be punished for having an Up and positive attitude , this just makes me sad.

Well guys i hope you can all relate, i hate to be the barer of bad news or complain what so ever. Wish you all the best. ^.^ see you around! and good games!!!!

Best regards
Bismarck1983

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,704 posts
36,244 battles

You know that Karma and $3 buys you a cup of coffee?

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles

If your karma is not zero you are not playing the game well enough )))

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,167 posts
22,715 battles

Dang, I gotta get better, more toxic, abusive, and then I will get to zero and know that I am playing well...

image.png.1e03dfb99154efbe705d06a0d38ff2c2.png

• Cool 2

Members
224 posts
8,700 battles
1 hour ago, Bismarck1983 said:

During the ranked battle....it makes me sad as wargaming brings out the most toxic people ever.

I started off with a good...decent karma points being a happy go lucky, giving +1 to people that can kill me due to a lucky or skilled shot...well
seems the karma system just isnt worth while when you can be punished for having an Up and positive attitude , this just makes me sad.

Well guys i hope you can all relate, i hate to be the barer of bad news or complain what so ever. Wish you all the best. ^.^ see you around! and good games!!!!

Best regards
Bismarck1983

Can relate - played a random match the other day in a Tirpitz, MM put me in Tier 10. We lost but I had 4 of our teams 6 kills and finished first on our team. That earned me -2 karma.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,783 posts
20,267 battles

Imagine blaming wargaming for bringing out toxic people, instead of people for being toxic.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
249 posts
10,060 battles

Relax with worrying about the Karma system. Like many say here, it absolutely positively means nothing. No sense getting all worked up over nothing. I stopped caring about it a long time ago. I will still give a rare up vote to that DD that smokes me or that great player that carries the match, and I always down vote the CV lol  jk.  The only time I see how much Karma I have is when I go to open my inventory to sell all those crappy flags I got from the recent not so super, super containers. The easy fix would be for WGing to just get rid of the karma system. The last thing I worry about is what some random person in a online game thinks about my game play. Now on the other hand I do care what my clan thinks of me and how I conduct myself in game. So just try and have fun out there and don't let those turds get to you. :Smile_smile:

Edited by JBR40

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,964 battles

Ranked is already a cesspool.  Saying "GG", "great shot", "good luck everyone." rubs some people the wrong way.  Never ever say GG to the enemy if you've been totally stomped.  That will probably get you a report from your whole team.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
3 hours ago, dimzzy said:

If your karma is not zero you are not playing the game well enough )))

The weird thing is, even though I don't have much karma, and I generally play BB/CA, what I have is mostly from DD/CV games lol.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
17 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Never ever say GG to the enemy if you've been totally stomped.  That will probably get you a report from your whole team.

Or if the reverse happens. Then the whole enemy team will report you instead lol.

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,964 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Or if the reverse happens. Then the whole enemy team will report you instead lol.

You can't win for losin'.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
3 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

You can't win for losin'.

Yep, your choices are speak up and get silenced, or just be silent lol.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

I noticed that MMM now tracks how much karma people have too so you can see... I was a bit surprised to notice that a huge majority of the players I've been creeping in ranked have 0... though they in most cases have thousands of games. I haven't decided if that many folks are just retched salty [edited], or they don't know about the system, or they don't care about the system or a little bit of all of those options. 

I'm WELL aware of how karma impacts nothing other than how much karma you can spread in either direction (bewildering to its very core) but I have to admit I do still feel a little uplift when I think I had a good match, compliment others who had a good match and see that number increase. It provides me with a tiny lighthouse of positive energy that keeps me off the otherwise dominating reef of toxic negativity.

Until the number drops because a Des Moines in ranked decided to come around the corner of an island within half a kilometer of my angled petropovmanylettersk (while he had me hydro'd after having radared me) and I flushed 6 citadel hits down his toilet and turned him into a man-made reef... -1?! Then [edited] him and [edited] WG and [edited] you and your stupid karma. 

And then "you were complimented, your karma was increased by 1" and I'm all happy and redeemed again. Awwwww yay me. 

Wish the whole system would just go the way of old yeller- or it was adjusted to mean something other than perpetuating its own uselessness and enabling an ongoing and overwhelmingly pompous and toxic game environment for most game modes. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
5 hours ago, Bismarck1983 said:

Best regards
Bismarck1983

I agree.  I honestly don't understand why WG even put the system in the game or at least the negative aspects of it.   I mean there are way too many armchair admirals out there that "Spectate" from a birds eye view, that want to tell you how to play the game.  They also know how a BB or DD or whatever should be played so if you play it differently, your wrong.  Then there is people who just don't like a game mechanic like CVs, that will downvote you personally because you played one, EVEN if you were a stellar player.  The negative Karma vote is just a bad idea because of all that and a lot more.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,167 posts
22,715 battles

The karma system is in place to give forumers another thing to complain about. It's just there, doing nothing for anybody, taking up space, BUT, providing entertainment! 

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

Imagine blaming wargaming for bringing out toxic people, instead of people for being toxic.

Have you ever thought that you may be wrong and your sarcasm is not that funny? There are clearly people that want to play competitively and people that just want to see explosions; have you ever thought that WG could do a better job separating these people? Maybe skill based MM is a bad idea; but what about a mode that you can enter only if your WR in randoms is above 50% during the last week or something like this? People often get salty when they encounter poor gameplay; it is within WG's power to improve this situation.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,783 posts
20,267 battles
2 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

Have you ever thought that you may be wrong and your sarcasm is not that funny?

That comment might means something if I wanted to make you laugh.

There are clearly people that want to play competitively and people that just want to see explosions; have you ever thought that WG could do a better job separating these people? Maybe skill based MM is a bad idea; but what about a mode that you can enter only if your WR in randoms is above 50% during the last week or something like this? People often get salty when they encounter poor gameplay; it is within WG's power to improve this situation.

What makes you think splitting the playerbase up and segregating players into arbitrary groups based on easily farmed stats is going to improve the game?

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

What makes you think splitting the playerbase up and segregating players into arbitrary groups based on easily farmed stats is going to improve the game?

I occasionally check players stats after the game. Most of the time if the game was a dumb steamroll teams were infested with 44% WR players. It's just as simple as that: people with low WR make gameplay boring. I see it all the time. Even if WR is easily farmed one still has to put effort to farm it. I don't want to see players that don't give a **** about the win. I know that my life will improve significantly.

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Oh and there is in fact a very good confirmation: I enjoy ranked gameplay when I move closer to the top. It's harder to win but these are the best few weeks in a year playing with decent players.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,783 posts
20,267 battles

I don't want to see players that don't give a **** about the win.

And I don't want to see players treating others like outcasts and subhumans because they're looking for something else in a game, a passtime, than you do. But I'm not getting that either, am I. You blame bad players for better ones being toxic to them, rather than the toxic players for being toxic. Tell me, in what strange world does that make sense?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,543 posts
24,710 battles
7 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Silence is golden. The less you speak the better. Just a quick plan at the start and you are good to go.

I agree, being quiet and ignoring the other players is the best bet. For WoTs, I keep all chat blocked except for my friends list and it is populated by one whole person that I know from WoWS... It has made that game far more tolerable and far less nasty. You don't have that particular option in Ships, hopefully they will incorporate it soon. All in all it is kind of sad that in a multiplayer game there isn't much social discourse. Makes the whole effort pointless IMHO. A single player game would probably be more fun than what we have. 

OP just ignore the karma system. Hand it out to those you think did a good job or who were nice in chat if you want to use it.