You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
woundedwarriorproject

right mouse button not moving from ship to ship

17 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
7,157 battles

Ahoy!  A couple of weeks have gone by finding my right mouse button no longer moving my view from ship to ship after my ship has been killed.  Anyone know of a known issue around this?  Thanks!

[TAZ]
Members
769 posts

Try hitting th "Tab" key to open the battle loading screen.  Then close it and right click to go to the next screen

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,165 battles
56 minutes ago, woundedwarriorproject said:

Ahoy!  A couple of weeks have gone by finding my right mouse button no longer moving my view from ship to ship after my ship has been killed.  Anyone know of a known issue around this?  Thanks!

Also happing with me cant go ship to ship takes forever and sometimes never 

[WOLF5]
Members
35 posts
15,998 battles

Aim view at ship you want to see from and press space bar...done.  no fanning though ships anymore.

Edited by greenterror2112

Members
667 posts
9,190 battles

I've noticed the same thing OP.

Right-click/left-click to scroll through friendly ships used to work perfectly, but in about half the matches now where I try it lacks functionality. At other times it works fine....not sure what the issue is.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, woundedwarriorproject said:

2 hours ago, clammboy said:

Also happing with me cant go ship to ship takes forever and sometimes never 

1 hour ago, greenterror2112 said:

Aim view at ship you want to see from and press space bar...done.  no fanning though ships anymore.

1 hour ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

I've noticed the same thing OP.

Right-click/left-click to scroll through friendly ships used to work perfectly, but in about half the matches now where I try it lacks functionality. At other times it works fine....not sure what the issue is.

All you guys but the OP skipped right over post #2 (that in another thread I think was clarified by at least a few players to have been a workable solution):

2 hours ago, Nutaz said:

Try hitting th "Tab" key to open the battle loading screen.  Then close it and right click to go to the next (screen)... (think you meant ship instead of screen here though?)

Forget exactly but pretty sure just toggling the Tab screen allowed it to start working as it used to.

It's been a few days so don't remember exactly but think Nutaz is on the right track.

Members
25 posts
7,157 battles
8 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

All you guys but the OP skipped right over post #2 (that in another thread I think was clarified by at least a few players to have been a workable solution):

Forget exactly but pretty sure just toggling the Tab screen allowed it to start working as it used to.

It's been a few days so don't remember exactly but think Nutaz is on the right track.

No, Khaos, I did not skip over post #2...I just checked the responses now as I have been at work, and am going to try everyone's recommendations.  I appreciate everyone's input.  Thanks mate!

Edited by woundedwarriorproject

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
7 minutes ago, woundedwarriorproject said:

No, Khaos, I did not skip over post #2...I just checked the responses now as I have been at work, and am going to try everyone's recommendations.  I appreciate everyone's input and it is the right thing to do.  Thanks mate!

You are the OP (that means Original Poster/Original Post...in the thread).

You started the post...& then Nunaz replied...then all the other posters I quoted there posted w/out reading Nunaz's post.

I was saying you were the only person that didn't skip his post because your comment was the OP & came before his post.

But I am glad you read his (your reply just barely Ninja'd mine)...hope his recommendation works out for you.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLF5]
Members
35 posts
15,998 battles

I read his post, I prefer to just go right to the boat I want to see from with the space bar, you can go strait to airplanes too, if you aim your view right at them and press space bar. Besides, you have to mouse click a bunch of times to get the boat want to see, hassle, don't need it. And when you're dead in battle, bottom left of screen tells you how...spacebar.

Edited by greenterror2112

Members
25 posts
7,157 battles
46 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You are the OP (that means Original Poster/Original Post...in the thread).

You started the post...& then Nunaz replied...then all the other posters I quoted there posted w/out reading Nunaz's post.

I was saying you were the only person that didn't skip his post because your comment was the OP & came before his post.

But I am glad you read his (your reply just barely Ninja'd mine)...hope his recommendation works out for you.

Thanks everyone; both recommendations worked!  First, I did the "tab" thing and then I was able to right-click and move through the ships.  Then, I tried the "point-and-spacebar" and it worked too!  Problem solved.  Thanks again, and happy hunting!

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
28 minutes ago, greenterror2112 said:

I read his post, I prefer to just go right to the boat I want to see from with the space bar, you can go strait to airplanes too, if you aim your view right at them and press space bar. Besides, you have to mouse click a bunch of times to get the boat want to see, hassle, don't need it. And when you're dead in battle, bottom left of screen tells you how...spacebar.

But OP was looking for a solution to the other option...yours was an alternate way (that he wasn't aware of so good job pointing it out to him) but including the part about "no fanning through ships anymore" lead me to believe that you were not aware fanning through ships was still an option & weren't aware of the actual solution OP was enquiring about.

Edit: Also...pointing & clicking often misses the target if anything else is lined up w/a specific target & leaves you bouncing all over the place...especially when there are planes about.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles
4 hours ago, woundedwarriorproject said:

If you're sunk and want to view other ships ....

Hold the "TAB" key for a few seconds to view the teams.
Release the "TAB" key.
Mouse buttons should work to jump you around from ship to ship to view them with your camera.

• Cool 1

Members
667 posts
9,190 battles
15 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The workaround with the tab key and closing screen may work, but why is it necessary at all?

Simply right clicking or left clicking used to work perfectly(and still sometimes does, smh), without any extra steps. The question is why are these extra steps even necessary and what happened to the previously working functionality?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
57 minutes ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

The workaround with the tab key and closing screen may work, but why is it necessary at all?

Simply right clicking or left clicking used to work perfectly(and still sometimes does, smh), without any extra steps. The question is why are these extra steps even necessary and what happened to the previously working functionality?

It's a known issue & is being worked on...apparently not an "emergency patch" issue as the tab key is a simple work around in the mean time.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos