Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Glamorboy

Cyclones need improvement

10 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Members
268 posts
5,980 battles

Quick rant, but since cyclones are going to be part of the next CB season, I thought I'd post it now.

Graphically, the snowstorms, thunderstorms are okay.  It is harder to see ships, and you see the weather effect.

Cyclones (which should be worse weather than a thunderstorm) look like beautiful days to be sailing except for some reason you don't see ships past 8km.

A curtain of fog that actually obscures your vision, slightly bigger waves, or other visual clues that you are sailing in the middle of a cyclone would be a nice and IMO needed addition.

Hope ya'll are have a great day!

Members
2,153 posts
6,420 battles

when Cyclones were put in the game that's the way is was, then they were nerfed.  The criers came out we can't see, no visibility,  this sucks. :Smile_child:

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,337 battles
27 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Never understood why CVs can launch, fly, and recover aircraft in a cyclone.  This doesn't happen IRL.

Exactly which parts of this game do you think resemble real life? Really?

A R C A D E  G A M E !

• Boring 1

Members
1,022 posts
1,413 battles

I never launch aircraft in a cyclone, but one day I was playing the Ryujo in a cyclone and my fighters launched. Then I launched some TB's...wat? How are you able to launch in a freaking cyclone?! 

[SALVO]
Members
2,717 posts
6,801 battles
40 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Exactly which parts of this game do you think resemble real life? Really?

A R C A D E  G A M E !

Gotta highlight some complete agreement with Umi here since we had the disagreement earlier this week. 

There are lots and lots and lots of things that don't resemble real life , starting with the scaling that is done to make matches quicker. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,798 posts

The storms don't have credibility in the game.

Water stays flat.

The one storm that Halsey put his fleet into by mistake had the New Jersey using all of her horsepower to stay stable as SHE labored across the steep waves that shipped water above the bridge at times. Cans were rolling to 80 degrees from horizontal before capsizing due to no fuel in hull. Power equals life and fuel equals stability to a certain point. If they ballasted with seawater then there is no power. Damned if you do and damned if you don't

We like our flat water, easy shoot. No need to have turrets covered in green water or having to adjust for list angle etc.

Sure the game is a pale imitation of life. They can always do better.

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles

It's one of the game features that most people don't like; I'd just remove it from the game.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,385 posts
9,655 battles
On 9/18/2020 at 10:51 AM, Raven114 said:

when Cyclones were put in the game that's the way is was, then they were nerfed.  The criers came out we can't see, no visibility,  this sucks. :Smile_child:

Yeah, wasn't there an Op that had that effect for the whole battle?

It was fantastically immersive, but hard on the eyes. I found myself squinting to pick out ship orientation, and having headaches after playing a few rounds. A lot of us are older, with the deterioration of the eyes that comes with age. What's the point of having that immersion, if it comes at the cost of people abandoning matches that have that feature? I guess you could always pretend the crews of the AFK ships were washed overboard in the storm?

It's funny though. RL battles happened in that weather because there was no choice. Actual naval personnel would probably be saying, "how could you possibly want to fight under those conditions???" lol.

The other issue is, if you put the storms in, and they reduce combat effectiveness, many will just mod it back to the lack of cyclone effects we have now, gaining an unfair advantage.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

Why not get rid of cyclones entirely? The game isn’t hard enough for BB to require an easy mode for them.

Sign in to follow this