You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Snafu_Idgaf

Transformer Tokens

29 comments in this topic

[CWM]
Members
614 posts
6,742 battles

Use them immediately, they give missions that count towards the patch and container giving missions.  I assume the free containers have a chance to drop the perma camos and commanders.   I'm just glad its only 5 days of tokens.  The missions only last 23 days from to day.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[NSEW]
Members
2,139 posts
11,451 battles
2 hours ago, Cpt_Snafu_Idgaf said:

Use them immediately, they give missions that count towards the patch and container giving missions.  I assume the free containers have a chance to drop the perma camos and commanders.   I'm just glad its only 5 days of tokens.  The missions only last 23 days from to day.

This is quite regular. Whenever there's an event, it's usually a timed event sadly.

Question is, do the missions come with a chance to get more tokens? (I'm being lazy, haven't read the fine print yet)

1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Am I seeing the numbers correctly... something like 30 + dollars for a perm. camo? 

Nothing new of this sort.  It's been the 'norm' for quite some time now.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
53 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Hmm.. I was thinking in-game perma camo was 5000 doubloons which is roughly $20... 

The special event camos where always this price.  Space camos etc.  They are always more money than the normal premium camos.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
643 posts
5,664 battles

Never was a Transformers fan so unless I get a perma camos in one of the free crates... <shrug>

• Cool 1

[-BBL-]
Members
74 posts

The missions say "Complete combat missions of the autobots (or decepticon) type"

Lol how do I do that?  I cant see combat missions of these types.

Edit:  Never mind literally down the bottom Autobots Part 1 and Decepticons Part 1....I really should make a coffee :)

Edited by Fulth
  • Haha 1

Members
256 posts
22,913 battles

Thank you, OP.  Bumping this as I missed that part too.  Now working on those 4 missions that I had the tokens for.

ETA:  I just opened up 3 of the containers that the missions awarded and got 6 Transformer one-use camos, 1 Basilisk, 4500 Commander XP and the Khab Rumble commander (only 3pts).  That's a decent start for free.

Edited by Njanear
Just got 3 containers from the mission...

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
11 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

What can you get with the tokens anyway? 

Missions.

You get two tokens a day which allows you to "buy" two mission ether Autobot or Decepticon.  The missions are kind of like directives in that you have to do things like get torpedo hits, spotting damage, etc and once you complete the missions you get a reward.  The reward is either 5 camos or a couple Cybertron containers, things like that.  The containers are supposed to be able to drop some potentially cool stuff but if you don't get lucky, they are pretty underwhelming.  You get two camos and a single special flag like Ourobors, Leviathan, etc. 

There are ten mission and you get ten tokens over 5 days.  The fact you can get only 2 a day gates it so that you can't do all the missions at once and the order that you can buy missions gates it further. For example mission one Decepticon requires torpedo hits and mission 4 autobot requires torpedo hits, at least if my memory serves me right anyway.  This means that you can't get both missions at the exact same time so you can knock them out concurrently.  I mean I guess you could technically just stockpile the tokens and buy them all at once but you would miss out a whole week of completing missions.  

Also I believe there are two missions you get for free.  Those missions are to complete 5 and 10 of the missions you bought.  Completing that number of the missions gets you an extra rewards.

Overall it isn't too bad of an event.  the missions themselves are pretty easy and aren't restricted to any particular ship class or nationality though there is a tier restriction (I think minimum Tier 5 to complete).  Most look like they can be done through normal play of really any ship class.  Even the ones asking for say, torpedo hits, also have things like spotting, which any ship can do, as an alternative that you can collect so I think you could say playing ONLY BBs and still complete all the missions....providing you can do what is required before the event expires.  That being said, there are missions that obviously favor a specific class of ship, at least if you want to get the missions knocked out as fast and efficient as possible. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,537 posts
24,590 battles

I have no interest in this event. Does anyone know if the tokens get swapped out for credits when it is all over? 

[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts
57 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have no interest in this event. Does anyone know if the tokens get swapped out for credits when it is all over? 

I doubt you will get anything from unused tokens.  There's really no reason not to participate, even if you aren't a Transformers fan.  It's just free stuff for playing the game as you normally would.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,111 posts
10,336 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

I doubt you will get anything from unused tokens.  There's really no reason not to participate, even if you aren't a Transformers fan.  It's just free stuff for playing the game as you normally would.

This.  Nothing amazing, but camos, some free xp, and some special signals for just playing.

Members
445 posts
7,863 battles

Completing all the missions get you 30 Cybertronion containers. It will mostly be camo, but you might get some special flags or Free Commander XP as well.  Even if you have no use for a Transformers themed perma camo or Transformers voiced Commanders, free camo and Commander XP is good, and special flags are harder to get than most.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,092 posts
12,076 battles

So far, I've gotten some mission-chains and in the process of working on them (along with the Dockyard build missions) I've gained some temporary camos (Autobot and Decepticon) and a 3-skill-point Commander Megatron arrived via a Transformers-themed container.

shot-20_09.19_12_32.46-0100.thumb.jpg.6590e8eeb2eef2b1daf7f8f9e288bf79.jpg

[DTM]
Members
93 posts
3 hours ago, ithekro said:

Completing all the missions get you 30 Cybertronion containers. It will mostly be camo, but you might get some special flags or Free Commander XP as well.  Even if you have no use for a Transformers themed perma camo or Transformers voiced Commanders, free camo and Commander XP is good, and special flags are harder to get than most.

I only count 24 containers

Members
445 posts
7,863 battles

Each chain of 5 missions has three missions that net you 3 containers each.  9 per chain.  Completing each chain gets you 3 more containers.  So 12 containers for each chain completed.  If you complete both chains you get 6 containers.  12 plus 12 plus 6, is 30.

[RUD]
Members
1 post
2,835 battles

OMG - just realized that I should have been buying the next round of missions with each day's Transformers tokens - NOW I'm scrambling to complete them!!! LOL

#n00b

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
On 9/20/2020 at 4:21 AM, ithekro said:

Didn't get camo myself got two 3point Captains, signals and over 20k in Commander xp.

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
225 posts
7,026 battles
On 9/20/2020 at 6:55 AM, MillenniumDuck said:

I only count 24 containers

Parts 2, 3 and 5 give three each.  One chain for each faction = 18  Completing all 5 missions for each faction gives another 3 per faction, bringing the total to 24.  Finally completing all ten missions gives you 6 more.

3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 6 = 30

[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts
1 hour ago, RoguePope_1 said:

OMG - just realized that I should have been buying the next round of missions with each day's Transformers tokens - NOW I'm scrambling to complete them!!! LOL

#n00b

You've got until the 5th of next month.  Even with fairly causal play you should be able to get it done, since the missions aren't too hard.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
On 9/18/2020 at 10:50 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

Hmm.. I was thinking in-game perma camo was 5000 doubloons which is roughly $20... 

I got one for 750 dubs. I bought a premium Transformers token and got the Optimus Prime camo for the Monty.