You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Navalpride33

The psychology of the CV, (Replay provided).

21 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
11,952 posts
19,486 battles

This match, I explore the psychology of CV game play and its affects on the fleet. You may have been in a match like this, in which it leaves thinking afterwards... Huah? or What ? At the forefront, I have no ill will against our CV in the game. I rather like to thank him, for this opportunity to analyze and discus this elusive topic captured visually. 

Instructions

• This is not about me or what I did in the game.
  • Fast forward to 9 min left in the match
    • You can use the "Ins" key to speed up the replay and the "home" button to return to normal speed. 
    • During the fast speed, you can look at the mini map seeing how the CV is playing.. Or just enjoy the view... Its up to you.
  • For the 9 min mark on down, pay attention. to two things.
    • Chat- the interaction with the CV AND the fleet.
    • The Mini map.. It will give you valuable information to the battle situation as I seen it.

That is it, *REMEMBER* the topic is about psychology, the mindset, or anything else of that nature... Here is the Replay...(re uploaded)

20200915_224912_PRSC508-Kutuzov-1952_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay 

BTW, For those who want to know before hand the outcome of the match. I'll leave in the spoiler.

Spoiler

1583498277_Screenshot(479)_LI.thumb.jpg.f89a9b98de786b41a0da0d9ee8fd2565.jpg

Also, No stats were used. No statistics were used..

Its plane ol study of the human mind...

Enjoy.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 2

[TWFT]
Members
1,422 posts
39,107 battles

CV players are just those kids that got beat up in the third grade and now have found a way to hit back with out getting hurt.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[WORX]
Members
11,952 posts
19,486 battles
1 hour ago, Dareios said:

cant get replay to work. everytime it freezes om the count-in screen.

Weird... I think I know what happened on my end but it may not be the same for you... However, I got it to work and here are the proof.

Spoiler

2000426158_Screenshot(482)_LI.thumb.jpg.f76b17d8601db49d8d5d95a443842b3a.jpg1513352397_Screenshot(483)_LI.thumb.jpg.42679a781ef369fbdf20f477ebc1c166.jpg

What I did was a check and repair in the client and then check for any new Drivers... I had a few new drivers to install, mainly

• Bios

After installing (took about 20min from start to finish... I manage to have it working...

Here is the file after what I done.. I'll change it in the OP as well...

Members
3,664 posts
42,396 battles
41 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

CV players are just those kids that got beat up in the third grade and now have found a way to hit back with out getting hurt.

So, you saw this happen a few times in 3rd grade. Did you step in, stop the bullies, go get a teacher, or did you just watch?

46 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

tl:dr CVs are people who enjoy inflicting pain to others without risking themselves, therefore they are bad.

It's a digital aircraft dropping bombs, if it actually inflicted pain, most of you would be dead 6 months ago.

Don't confuse wounded pride, an intangible conceited concept, with physical pain.

People with actual pain would be insulted.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3

Members
3,664 posts
42,396 battles
52 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Weird... I think I know what happened on my end but it may not be the same for you... However, I got it to work and here are the proof.

Reveal hidden contents

2000426158_Screenshot(482)_LI.thumb.jpg.f76b17d8601db49d8d5d95a443842b3a.jpg1513352397_Screenshot(483)_LI.thumb.jpg.42679a781ef369fbdf20f477ebc1c166.jpg

What I did was a check and repair in the client and then check for any new Drivers... I had a few new drivers to install, mainly

• Bios

After installing (took about 20min from start to finish... I manage to have it working...

Here is the file after what I done.. I'll change it in the OP as well...

This technical difficulty is brought to you by WG.

*I am required to post this add. Or I might get them Midway through a match.

😏⚖️

[WORX]
Members
11,952 posts
19,486 battles
1 minute ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

This technical difficulty is brought to you by WG.

*I am required to post this add. Or I might get them Midway through a match.

😏⚖️

Hopefully its cleared...

• Thanks 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,188 posts
1,490 battles
1 hour ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

tl:dr CVs are people who enjoy inflicting pain to others without risking themselves, therefore they are bad.

So any other class inflicts massive damage to you BB citadel you Cruiser heat shelling you or DD torping you is find :Smile_popcorn:But a CV just playing is inflicting pain on you :Smile_ohmy: That sounds like double standards to me CV bias :Smile_smile: 

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,720 battles
Just now, LastRemnant said:

So any other class inflicts massive damage to you BB citadel you Cruiser heat shelling you or DD torping you is find :Smile_popcorn:But a CV just playing is inflicting pain on you :Smile_ohmy: That sounds like double standards to me CV bias :Smile_smile: 

Amazing to me after years of discussion people can still post comments like that.

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Members
110 posts
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

This match, I explore the psychology of CV game play and its affects on the fleet. You may have been in a match like this, in which it leaves thinking afterwards... Huah? or What ? At the forefront, I have no ill will against our CV in the game. I rather like to thank him, for this opportunity to analyze and discus this elusive topic captured visually. 

Instructions

• This is not about me or what I did in the game.
  • Fast forward to 9 min left in the match
    • You can use the "Ins" key to speed up the replay and the "home" button to return to normal speed. 
    • During the fast speed, you can look at the mini map seeing how the CV is playing.. Or just enjoy the view... Its up to you.
  • For the 9 min mark on down, pay attention. to two things.
    • Chat- the interaction with the CV AND the fleet.
    • The Mini map.. It will give you valuable information to the battle situation as I seen it.

That is it, *REMEMBER* the topic is about psychology, the mindset, or anything else of that nature... Here is the Replay...(re uploaded)

BTW, For those who want to know before hand the outcome of the match. I'll leave in the spoiler.

Hide contents

1583498277_Screenshot(479)_LI.thumb.jpg.f89a9b98de786b41a0da0d9ee8fd2565.jpg

Also, No stats were used. No statistics were used..

Its plane ol study of the human mind...

Enjoy.

if u were actually sober putting together a link/post to call out individual players gameplay in a fictional game about pixelated boats you perhaps should re-evaluate many , many aspects of your existence.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,737 posts
7,264 battles

Not even going to bother with the replay...  Just stepping in to observe, that you guys take this crap way too bleeping serious.  I'm sure most of the visitors to the forum of a  video game came in here to see some unknown 8-80 year old random behind a keyboard's idea of a representative psychological study of some other 8-80  unknown random behind a keyboard playing a puter game for enjoyment?   This forum is a far better psychological study than the  shoot-em up bote game will ever be.     Pixels are some serious :etc_swear:   

As a side note....  Clearly continuing evidence that  IMO the CV rework has added  tremendous entertainment value to the content of these forums.  Thank you Wargaming.  Homerun...really! 

• Cool 2

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,778 posts
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Amazing to me after years of discussion people can still post comments like that.

Hey,  I saw you in ranked, and you had what should have been a perfect MM for you... not a single CV in the game, and yet you complained about there being so many 'OP broken ships' against you.

Why cant you post 600 times over the next year about those three different surface ships that hurt you so badly that game and caused you to call them also broken and OP.

I'll wait.

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,200 posts
10,345 battles

The Iowa had a much greater influence on the outcome of the game than the CV.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,349 posts
16,251 battles
3 hours ago, Turbotush said:

So glad to see exactly what you think of bullied and traumatised children seeking to avenge themselves in ways that don't actually physically injure others IRL. 

Perhaps (using your logic) you'd like to explain to me why, in addition to CV, I also enjoy playing destroyers and US Standard battleships. How does that fit into your thinking?

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,720 battles
6 minutes ago, Dareios said:

Hey,  I saw you in ranked, and you had what should have been a perfect MM for you... not a single CV in the game, and yet you complained about there being so many 'OP broken ships' against you.

Why cant you post 600 times over the next year about those three different surface ships that hurt you so badly that game and caused you to call them also broken and OP.

I'll wait.

I did not complain about OP ships. I seldom use that term. Broken, of course. 

That game sucked from beginning to end. We did have a good MM, of course because of no cancer, but also we had a strong team. It just melted for some reason. 

T10 sucks for Ranked, I've set it aside for a while. 

Sad I missed comping you. 

Edited by Taichunger

[ARGSY]
Members
22,349 posts
16,251 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

also we had a strong team. It just melted for some reason.

Maybe it wasn't really strong?

Maybe your definition of a strong team is lacking somewhere?

[YORHA]
Members
5,200 posts
10,345 battles
3 minutes ago, Dareios said:

I'll wait.

It's the Flamu wannbe trope "There is no counterplay to CVs" which is nonsense.  It's right up there with "CVs have unlimited planes" and CVs don't require any skill".

If you want to rush off on your own and be the match superhero by winning it all by yourself then the CV driver is going to see you as food and act accordingly.  If, on the other hand,  you play as part of a team then the CVs actions are severely limited.  I am always amused by how the same people who deride CVs and CV players are the ones who are constantly pointing out  that there is no team play in WoWs.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,720 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe it wasn't really strong?

Maybe your definition of a strong team is lacking somewhere?

Who knows?

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,273 posts
14,709 battles

I do not think we need to psychoanalyze any type of GAME play.

People play games to play games.

-Hapa