You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

24 comments in this topic

[-BMV-]
Members
12 posts
10,400 battles

Im sick and tired of it. Ive played WOWS for almost 4 years. Rank 1 is always a goal of mine, but tier 10 is just too much. Its the same stuff every season, the [edited] ships that are over powered are always played. A cv turns any good player into an average one. The system demotes players who do the right things but do not get damage. Ive ranked out multiple times, but tier 10 is just crazy now. I dont find it fun anymore, I only like the lower tiers without as much gimmicks. I also think that 1v1 and 3v3 rank is much more realistic for players who dont play in clans. It was a lot of fun with less ships, you have more influence over a game. I get that its a team game but they need to separate clan battles and rank for individual players. I dont care for being burned to death by two smolensks, a haragumo and two thunderers while i worry about slava ap angles from 20k. Then cv detonates. Nightmare fuel.

I dont know if anyone else feels the same way, but its just so frustrating. I think im done with rank, too much stress. Time for a change...

• Cool 10
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[TIMT]
Members
1,113 posts
4,479 battles

Even though my battles were meh today, I found that by seeing it as a grind and numbers game instead of 'skill based' ranked it is much more bearable.

You got to remember, there are people who make it to rank 1 with really bad WR, and a lot of potatoes just spam games which can be frustrating as hell. You can have a look at last season here:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/224557-potato-distribution-visualized/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-5173915

[KERMT]
Members
1,069 posts
14,502 battles
1 hour ago, BB63Hawaii said:

Im sick and tired of it. Ive played WOWS for almost 4 years. Rank 1 is always a goal of mine, but tier 10 is just too much. Its the same stuff every season, the [edited] ships that are over powered are always played. A cv turns any good player into an average one. The system demotes players who do the right things but do not get damage. Ive ranked out multiple times, but tier 10 is just crazy now. I dont find it fun anymore, I only like the lower tiers without as much gimmicks. I also think that 1v1 and 3v3 rank is much more realistic for players who dont play in clans. It was a lot of fun with less ships, you have more influence over a game. I get that its a team game but they need to separate clan battles and rank for individual players. I dont care for being burned to death by two smolensks, a haragumo and two thunderers while i worry about slava ap angles from 20k. Then cv detonates. Nightmare fuel.

I dont know if anyone else feels the same way, but its just so frustrating. I think im done with rank, too much stress. Time for a change...

nope, because the frustration you are feeling is a reflection of how you are feeling anyway. 
I gave up Sugar and Coffee in the last 2 weeks and now feel amazing, so previously I would have related. 
Now, doesn't matter as previously it was my issue anyway regardless of if my teams were good or bad

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,363 posts
22,158 battles
2 hours ago, BB63Hawaii said:

Summers for the win.... no AA....

Gearing for the win....

[REVY]
Members
2,565 posts
13,829 battles
5 hours ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Im getting tired of players bringing a ship they never used in randoms to ranked.

^^ 

Not only this, but it almost feels at times that someone Free XPed up the line without learning anything.

Case in point, I watched a Montana sit broadside to a Conqueror at a range of 15km. The Montana had just sailed through Cap A (without capping it), and was targeting a maneuvering Smolensk across the map in C where the Conq also was. The Conq was broadside and moving slow, the perfect target for the Montana, but instead he fired at the Smolensk which was already turning towards an island. The Montana's shells were never even close. In return, the Conq set four perma fires on the Montana before the Montana even thought about turning in or even shooting at the Conq.

[NSEW]
Members
2,147 posts
11,515 battles

There are so many factors at play here (and I'm pretty sure that I haven't thought of them all either myself).

New players wanting to try out the Ranked mode (they are curious). 

Regular players wanting to play like anyone else here.

The veteran players, wanting to Rank out.  

Out of them all, I would assume that the players who had self belief in themselves would be more annoyed than enjoying it.  Since they expect better performances, from themselves.

Also, Ranked doesn't mean the better player gets to rank out.  It's all just a numbers game.  Enough games played will get you to Rank out, it's a fact; a mathematical one at that.

[TIGRB]
Members
895 posts
17,095 battles
8 hours ago, BB63Hawaii said:

Not everyone playing the game has the opportunity to obtain premium OP ships which really tilts the balance of the games sometimes. If WOW would do a ranked season of tier 8,9, or 10 using tech tree ships only and no cv's I think a heck of a lot more people would enjoy it more. Just my opinion.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,720 battles

I dont blame you. In Ranked you can face the broken Smolensk, the broken Stalingrad, the broken Kremlin, the broken Venezia....

T10. The most coddled tier is the least fun to play. What a coincidence. 

[UEFN]
Members
1,349 posts
23,947 battles
10 hours ago, BB63Hawaii said:

You can always have your revenge by bringing a CV and sail straight into the cap as soon as the battle start   ;-)

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,765 posts
5,406 battles

And as a DD you can plan on being hunted to death by CV at least you can hide among your cruisers for AA protection.

The amount of island hiding by the T10 people in Ranked is getting to be [edited]. This is no longer ranked with quality players but hide and seek time for children.

[HAI]
Members
74 posts
4,538 battles

It's unfortunate they allow CVs in 8 x 8 format.  It extra forces people to play the most broken ships because CVs are already so broken to play against in this format.

Members
1,268 posts
9,896 battles
8 minutes ago, Falran said:

It's unfortunate they allow CVs in 8 x 8 format.  It extra forces people to play the most broken ships because CVs are already so broken to play against in this format.

I’m pretty sure they’d use said broken ships regardless if there was a cv or not. 

[NSEW]
Members
2,147 posts
11,515 battles
2 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

You can always have your revenge by bringing a CV and sail straight into the cap as soon as the battle start   ;-)

I thought about such thing, even torping myself. But that would be at the expense of other players time.  So no dice.

[PSA]
Members
5,113 posts
3,732 battles

I already have anger issues dealing with incompetent teams in Randoms where it doesn't matter as much. I stay FAR away from Ranked because I value my blood pressure.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,341 posts
9,637 battles
6 hours ago, xHeavy said:

The amount of island hiding by the T10 people in Ranked is getting to be [edited]. This is no longer ranked with quality players but hide and seek time for children.

It's nice when the other team does it.

I flanked a Kremlin and a Stalingrad yesterday in Thunderer. They were almost perfect broadsides at 10km, so I loaded AP before I came around the island.....and it was glorious lol.

Even when not that close, stationary targets are wonderful receptacles for shells.

My favorite though, is the BBs who realise they're outnumbered, and instead of risking a couple cits and breaking LOS, they back up and get burned to the waterline by enemies that angle against them and can't miss, or get flanked because they're so slow, and get rocked.

At least when you turn and run, there's a chance they'll be impatient, and hit your somewhat angled belt, or they might otherwise miss anything vital.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,341 posts
9,637 battles
18 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

I already have anger issues dealing with incompetent teams in Randoms where it doesn't matter as much. I stay FAR away from Ranked because I value my blood pressure.

I don't typically play Ranked, (other than one battle to get my rewards up to Rank 15) but when there's Arms Race, you can really cash in.

I just treat them like a random battle though. If I lose, but did good damage, I get well paid. Stars shmars lol.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,448 posts
21,628 battles

The main problem I see is ranked is no different than randoms. 1x1, 3x3 seem like a more challenging and skill based scheme.

Even if played at tier 10. Which is where WG makes its money.

[PVE]
Members
4,814 posts
21,165 battles
15 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I don't typically play Ranked, (other than one battle to get my rewards up to Rank 15) but when there's Arms Race, you can really cash in.

I just treat them like a random battle though. If I lose, but did good damage, I get well paid. Stars shmars lol.

Funny, I do the same thing........  Play about three matches, if that, for those low hanging fruit awards and then never look back.   It's just not "value added" to endure the terrible and exploit driven play........it's so predictable and boring.

Edited by Asym_KS

[WOLFG]
Members
31,341 posts
9,637 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

Funny, I do the same thing........  Play about three matches, if that, for those low hanging fruit awards and then never look back.   It's just not "value added" to endure the terrible and exploit driven play........it's so predictable and boring.

I agree, except when it's Arms Race.

When both teams start piling on the HP regeneration, you can do an absolute crapload of damage.

I often get losses that pay twice as much as wins in Randoms, in credits and XP. Combine that with a 200% win bonus, and it's crazy how fast you can rack up rewards.

I started at Rank 15, and am still there 10 or so games later, but I don't care lol.

Edited by Skpstr

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I am playing Ranked for the first time ever. Generally I am not into the competitive meta but the lure of steel got to me this time around.  That being said, I am coming in with a fresh perspective.   Overall I am not seeing any issues and it is generally fun however, it doesn't seem much different than playing your normal tier 10 random match with a few less players per team.   I only have one Tier 10 ship, the Republique which I don't think is considered a super overpowered ship in Ranked either.   I also don't feel like I am at a disadvantage because I don't have a super overpowered ship either.

My only real problem is the format and the grind.  I made it to Tier 10 so far but generally speaking I have a 51% win rate overall which means it is hard enough winning 2 battles in a row, much less 4 or 5 or however many it scales up to as you gain rank.  Also I don't feel my individual skill has much to do with gaining or losing rank either because there are 7 other players on my team.  Just like in randoms, you can pretty much tell if your going lose within the first 5 minutes based on what your team is doing, however I have been a bit surprised at how many close matches I have had so that at least is positive.   Overall though I think the fact that you don't really have any control over a win/loss, combined with the fact that after rank 12, there are no other Irrevocable ranks, just starts making ranked feel like a painful, frustrating grind,

As for other things I don't like on a personal level the first is I don't personally like that Ranked is Tier 10 this time around.  I don't like it  because, for me anyway, aside from perhaps Elite Commander XP,  grinding in a Tier 10 is useless.  I would much rather be playing a Tier that I could grind out progression on in some way or another.  I mean right now I am short about 40 million credits because I FXP'ed up a couple lines but the income potential of a Tier 10 is pathetic.  Generally speaking I clear 100k per match if I am lucky or take a loss if I am not.  This pales in comparison to the 500k+ I could earn with any of my Tier 9 premiums or even the credits I could earn at Tier 7 or 8.  I guess at the end of the day, I prefer activities that allow you to accomplish multiple things at once.

Also, I don't like that it is Tier 10 because for me at least, Tier 10 is very restrictive.  As I mentioned, I only have 1 Tier 10 ship so I have no choice in what I want to play.  The lower Tiered Ranked seasons would have been much less restrictive.  Of course a way to fix this would have been to have all the Tier 10s rentable with an included, non-transferable 19 point captain so you could have full competitiveness even if you didn't own a Tier 10.

Now of course these last two aren't real issues or problems, they are just my personal issues.

So as a final evaluation.  Ranked this season seems fine and I really can't find anything to complain about at least as far as the game play is concerned.