You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pcgamer001

A terrible Ranked Season

24 comments in this topic

[ABCD3]
[ABCD3]
Beta Testers
56 posts
2,572 battles

Just total garbage, the epicenter is the worst, After that awesome sprint format we get this trash.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[20CM]
Members
280 posts
5 minutes ago, pcgamer001 said:

Just total garbage, the epicenter is the worst, After that awesome sprint format we get this trash.

I liked 3v3, Small map, ends quick, and I easily carry my team without losing my hair. 

I played more than half "Tears of the Desert" epicenter mode than all other modes combined in this rank season.

Last regular rank season (not sprint) I got to rank one and was nearly a hospital case...I think this may be worse.....

[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,042 battles
Just now, Pugilistic said:

lolwut, I love Epicenter. 

I don't know if you're being sarcastic about Epicenter, but as far as I'm concerned, it's every bit as good as Domination or Standard.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
259 posts
5,471 battles

I've been cruising through it pretty painlessly in my Ohio. Only lost a single star so far, am at rank 10.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,685 posts
23,759 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic about Epicenter, but as far as I'm concerned, it's every bit as good as Domination or Standard.

No, Im serious, I very much like Epicenter. Unless people expose themselves badly to snipers, it punishes timidity. 

Members
35 posts
17,697 battles

Timidity or creative ambush gameplay?

3 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

No, Im serious, I very much like Epicenter. Unless people expose themselves badly to snipers, it punishes timidity. 

[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,042 battles
3 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

Epicenter maps can be tricky to make, because the map needs to be playable without turning the center zone into a total dead zone.  But overall, I agree with you.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,685 posts
23,759 battles
3 minutes ago, Richard_Hansen1 said:

Timidity or creative ambush gameplay?

BBs and cruisers standing aloof near the map borders arent setting ambushes. But I get your point; you dont have to tear around in the center circle with your hair on fire to be engaging in aggression. 

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
347 posts
5,633 battles

The good thing about ranked is that you can totally ignore them. Reaching rank 1 will not grant you anything apart from some fake currency that adds nothing of value to our lives. Let me put it this way: You reach Rank 1 after 800 battles, you're not going to get a new job nor anybody is going to give you a billion dollars, it's a painful worthless grind that grants you NOTHING apart from some fake online status that NOBODY cares about.

With that in mind you can enjoy rankeds from another perspective or just ignore them completely.

• Thanks 1

Members
35 posts
17,697 battles
1 minute ago, Pugilistic said:

BBs and cruisers standing aloof near the map borders arent setting ambushes. But I get your point; you dont have to tear around in the center circle with your hair on fire to be engaging in aggression. 

That actually gives me freedom and in a BB to move either north west or northeast or south west or south east. That's what I do in the bbs when I'm playing epicenter

[A-I-M]
Members
3,685 posts
23,759 battles
12 minutes ago, Richard_Hansen1 said:

That actually gives me freedom and in a BB to move either north west or northeast or south west or south east. That's what I do in the bbs when I'm playing epicenter

Bless your heart. 

• Haha 1

[TIMT]
Members
1,093 posts
4,447 battles

Ranked was meh so far. Had two good games, three or four not so great ones. Potato density is substantial, though if you treat it as just randoms with extra rewards and less players it kinda works for me although I have not progress more than a single rank so far. The loss streak is real.

I played only Daring so far, which worked ok for me, though with a CV in game it is just not fun. In 8v8 you just get focused into oblivion and with most game modes being about map control or taking buffs don't tell me to cluster with my cruisers.

Edit: just had another game where - in arms race - my team abandoned the mid and went in a lemming train all around the map. both teams had average WR below 50%, though our team sucked more. Ironically, the 'better' players got sunk first. But the potatoes are real right now.

Edited by shinytrashcan

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,717 posts
5,363 battles

Ranked was bad this season. I probably ran about another 20 games, 16 of which were defeats for one reason or another. Made it to rank 10 from 12 and now am back at 11. Again.

The last one was epiccenter. All I had to do was sit under smoke most of the map in the Shimikaze as the carrier planes circles above getting shot up eventually. I did manage to catch a kaliber at 1 km around the center island and put a few rounds into the last ship alive, the enemy carrier.

If I knew I can win ranked by sitting under smoke in carrier maps I would have done that a long time ago.

I see the season as almost a month long. I'll be taking a stab at it every day. I give even odds I will still be at 12 next month when it ends.

Now the last season with just three per team was way better. You can think ahead and kill the enemy team in a calculated application of firepower. If they did certain behaviors then you knew you won.

Edited by xHeavy

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,640 posts
12,047 battles

I didn't play any Epicenter today. Just the traditional 3-caps and Arms Race. I actually wanted to do Epicenter to get some more DD practice in. Everything I've done has been harass and counter-DD operations.

[WOLFD]
Members
99 posts
7,101 battles

I have to agree with much of what is said. Enough with the Tier 10 ships already. The maps and save a star nonsense encourage campy play for meh rewards.  

[1984]
Members
4,450 posts
21,484 battles

I’m just using it to grind out uu. It’s kind of fun not stressing about it. Of course that seems to automatically change the higher you get, at 12 with 0 stars its complete irrelevance but at 10 with 0 stars it starts to be like i dont want to drop down only to have to climb back up again

[UEFN]
Members
1,349 posts
23,919 battles

you see, It's not the ship lineup, maps, or the ships, it's the players, when you have DD be dead in less than 3min, BB camping far back running away from the battle, cruisers be sailing in J line only interested in farming damage, and you have T10 player be asking "So does Moskva has Radar?"     it never gets old, nothing ever change since beta day like 5 years ago really.  This is what WG does best, as good as it could ever gets really, 5 years from now you're still going to see the same problem, just watch and mark my words.  lol

Edited by Xcalib3r

[BOMBL]
Members
1,203 posts
15,189 battles
14 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Taking buffs boosts your base XP.

Yes but not the same as a cap plus no defend ribbons

Edited by wstugamd