Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

I figured out how to live through a battle

9 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,992 battles

I watch a group from start to finish and I know what I have to do do stay alive in the game, I might not get any kills, but I live

I simply run like everybody else does, tats right I abandon THEM now

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[GWG]
Members
7,282 posts
14,089 battles
7 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

I watch a group from start to finish and I know what I have to do do stay alive in the game, I might not get any kills, but I live

Each ship has different capabilities.  Use those and keep your distance with a planned escape route.

Either that, or use Ramming Flags.

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,992 battles
20 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Why are you running :Smile_popcorn:

because I refuse to die first for a bunch that are just going to abandon me

thats why

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,992 battles
16 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Each ship has different capabilities.  Use those and keep your distance with a planned escape route.

Either that, or use Ramming Flags.

All of them seem to have the ability to turn and fight or turn and run away leaving somebody to die from being killed by the entire enemy fleet

Members
463 posts
20 battles
1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

I mostly play high tier DD's, I have a 66% survival rate (apparently better than 99.76% of the population according to that interesting new 5 year anniversary graphic WG just released), but I always play aggressively.  It's balanced aggression though, and always takes into account my teams position. 

You can play your DD's aggressively, and survive to the end consistently.  It's all about finding the balance that maximises your impact while not putting yourself into a low success percentage play.  The same goes for BB's - the key skill to that class is positioning, and in particular finding a position that makes the enemy want to fall back, keeps your guns effective, but doesn't expose you to excessive focus fire.  This is also very achievable.

You'll get teams that position poorly, but you can't just throw your hands up in the air, give up, then go hide in the back.  I've seen badly positioned teams pull out a win because I stayed alive and made the most of what the team could provide.  You can sometimes pull back those games where you feel like your team is gone, but you won't ever do that if you give up.

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,992 battles
21 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I mostly play high tier DD's, I have a 66% survival rate (apparently better than 99.76% of the population according to that interesting new 5 year anniversary graphic WG just released), but I always play aggressively.  It's balanced aggression though, and always takes into account my teams position. 

You can play your DD's aggressively, and survive to the end consistently.  It's all about finding the balance that maximises your impact while not putting yourself into a low success percentage play.  The same goes for BB's - the key skill to that class is positioning, and in particular finding a position that makes the enemy want to fall back, keeps your guns effective, but doesn't expose you to excessive focus fire.  This is also very achievable.

You'll get teams that position poorly, but you can't just throw your hands up in the air, give up, then go hide in the back.  I've seen badly positioned teams pull out a win because I stayed alive and made the most of what the team could provide.  You can sometimes pull back those games where you feel like your team is gone, but you won't ever do that if you give up.

"You'll get teams that position poorly"      yea, when do I get one that positions right? one out of 100 teams since I left tier 3 use teamwork, the rest all gather in a corral and expect the destroyers to fight the battle for them, the ones that dot never go past the islands in the center of the map or the center of the map is islands are all over

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this