Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Any guesses on FDR release date?

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[NH]
Members
0 posts

I'm thinking it might be the first steel  CV. Just a personal hunch. I now have enough steel for any ship and dont want to blow it just to have the FDR end up being a steel ship. Any guesses on when it might come out?

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,615
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,573 posts
4,223 battles

My guess is Steel or RB, though I think it's been longer since we've had a new Steel ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,342
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

Steel seems likely to me.   RB wouldn't surprise me... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,164
[SBS]
Members
6,124 posts
1 hour ago, Ghawain said:

Christmas dockyard event!

The dockyard is a money making event, so I would think WG wants ships with mass appeal.  CVs are probably too niche to make money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,342
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
9 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

The dockyard is a money making event, so I would think WG wants ships with mass appeal.  CVs are probably too niche to make money.

I don't disagree.. its still the smallest percentage of the player base.. And most of those who don't regularly play them, don't even dabble..  Still, it would be pretty cool watching it built in the dockyard nonetheless.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,460
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,465 posts
14,822 battles

SOONTM and I have no clue on the currency, couldn't say anything if I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,963
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,180 posts

Selling it for anything other than RL $$$ or doubloons would not make much financial sense to WoWS. Second - steel only would make it an elitist ship, which would likely skew all manner of data if she was a smidge better than the two publicly available leaders (MvR and Hak?) . 

I'll be surprised if it isn't triple digits cash on the barrel.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
835
[CLUMP]
Members
1,178 posts
1,476 battles
3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Selling it for anything other than RL $$$ or doubloons would not make much financial sense to WoWS. Second - steel only would make it an elitist ship, which would likely skew all manner of data if she was a smidge better than the two publicly available leaders (MvR and Hak?) . 

I'll be surprised if it isn't triple digits cash on the barrel.. 

If it isn't a direct-purchase I am not interested plus triple digits seem a lot for a virtual ship :Smile_sceptic: Which they are still balancing cough cough nerfing :Smile_unsure: Even after it comes out what guarantees I will have wargaming won't hit with the nerf  hammer further :Smile_hiding: I am very squeamish  in buying something that will be made obsolete because DD mafia keep saying make the bad CV go away :Smile_popcorn:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
391
[D33P6]
Members
563 posts

I personally hope that it isn't steel.

The main reason is that if its win rate sky rockets, personal opinion the CV in its current form is still exceedingly OP,  the excuse that will be used for it being so high is that only unicum's have it.  They'll claim that its actually the worst CV or something.

The changes, very minor nerfs, are not enough to balance it.

I think someone said in an earlier thread about the FDR that it might be sold as a coal ship.

EDIT:  I checked the dev blog.  They made another change to the FDR.  They've reduced its total number of rockets per attacking plane again, it's down to 26 per plane.  A total of 52 rockets per attack run.

Edited by HeadSplit120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
139 posts
2,000 battles

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t is a WG policy to not sell tier 10 premiums directly? None of the other tier 10s are available for cash or Dubs just coal, steel or RB and I doubt they’ll change that for the FDR

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[WOLF7]
Members
175 posts
17 minutes ago, jwatt_ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t is a WG policy to not sell tier 10 premiums directly? None of the other tier 10s are available for cash or Dubs just coal, steel or RB and I doubt they’ll change that for the FDR

WG's policies are their policies until it suits their whim of the moment to simply overturn said policy.  (ie.  when there is money involved)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
465 posts
20 battles

It's a T10, it won't be available for cash.  We have no idea, but I would expect it won't be far away from release.  It's likely to be steel or RP as others have said, possibly coal and unlikely to be free XP.  I do think steel is the most likely.

They have been actively balancing it for quite a while now, seemingly much longer than other premiums.  I get the impression they REALLY want to make sure the first premium T10 CV is well balanced.  If they made a mistake and released it too strong it would be a pretty big issue for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,963
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,180 posts
36 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

It's a T10, it won't be available for cash.  We have no idea, but I would expect it won't be far away from release.  It's likely to be steel or RP as others have said, possibly coal and unlikely to be free XP.  I do think steel is the most likely.

They have been actively balancing it for quite a while now, seemingly much longer than other premiums.  I get the impression they REALLY want to make sure the first premium T10 CV is well balanced.  If they made a mistake and released it too strong it would be a pretty big issue for them.

Respectfully, I disagree. They have too much time/money invested to wait for the long-term return of steel - or RP. They want - or should want, due to the world situations going on - cold, hard cash. 

Or they should. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
948
[ARGSY]
Members
1,870 posts
5,711 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

It's a T10, it won't be available for cash.  We have no idea, but I would expect it won't be far away from release.  It's likely to be steel or RP as others have said, possibly coal and unlikely to be free XP.  I do think steel is the most likely.

They have been actively balancing it for quite a while now, seemingly much longer than other premiums.  I get the impression they REALLY want to make sure the first premium T10 CV is well balanced.  If they made a mistake and released it too strong it would be a pretty big issue for them.

Correct if I'm wrong but wasn't Smaland sold in the premium shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
465 posts
20 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Respectfully, I disagree. They have too much time/money invested to wait for the long-term return of steel - or RP. They want - or should want, due to the world situations going on - cold, hard cash. 

Or they should. 

So are you saying that FDR would be a dockyard ship?  That's the only premium T10 that has ever been available for cash, and even then it was actually a dockyard reward ship, you could just get it without doing the dockyard for an obscene amount of doubloons.  Every other premium T10 (Smaland/Hayate - free XP; Marceau/Yoshi/Salem/Moskva/Smolensk - coal; Colbert/Ohio/Slava - RP; Borg/Shiki/Somers/Stalingrad - Steel) has been sold for in-game resources only - never for cash.

I can't see any reason why they'd change this policy.  They are certainly extremely unlikely to straight up sell FDR on the premium shop.  I think it's highly unlikely to be a dockyard ship as well - a CV is fairly niche, probably most of the players in the game don't play CV's, and a dockyard ship is a big event - it needs high general appeal to the player base.  Hence they have gone for BB's and cruisers so far.

 

17 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Correct if I'm wrong but wasn't Smaland sold in the premium shop?

Smaland was never sold in the premium shop - she has only ever been available for 2 million free XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[NH]
Members
0 posts
2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

It's a T10, it won't be available for cash.  We have no idea, but I would expect it won't be far away from release.  It's likely to be steel or RP as others have said, possibly coal and unlikely to be free XP.  I do think steel is the most likely.

They have been actively balancing it for quite a while now, seemingly much longer than other premiums.  I get the impression they REALLY want to make sure the first premium T10 CV is well balanced.  If they made a mistake and released it too strong it would be a pretty big issue for them.

hehe too strong. Stalingrad says hi. A too balanced ship will boring. Steel ships need something to make them worthy of being steel ships but I get what you are saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
465 posts
20 battles

Apparently FDR and Yolo Emilio have both been datamined in the 0.9.9 PT, with FDR as a steel ship, and Emilio as an RP ship.  Datamining only, not confirmed, but almost certainly what will be happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,963
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,180 posts
7 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Smaland was never sold in the premium shop - she has only ever been available for 2 million free XP.

This I could see... conversion of free xp take RL money. 

Does anyone believe the audience for FDR, within those having the steel necessary to purchase her, would actually spend their steel on her? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[ENDO]
Members
111 posts

I would. I'm hoping I have enough if its the case. I need 3k more and I can get shikashima. Saving my coupon for FDR. Even if she turns out to be sub optimal. I got every other CV. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,342
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

 

Does anyone believe the audience for FDR, within those having the steel necessary to purchase her, would actually spend their steel on her? 

If it is meta/CB strong...which I think it may be.. Alpha rules the roost in comp play in most games.    Yes.. the purple CV players will spend their steel on it..  Most of them have stockpiles of it anyway.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×