Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nat3345

How is this a defeat?

7 comments in this topic

[5D3]
Members
1 post
5,902 battles

Feel free to remove if it's not in the correct category, but I was playing ranked today and had a game the came down to the wire. We killed the last enemy ship at around 00:01 left on the clock, but the game registered it as a loss? If the kill happened after the tick that ends the game by time, it wouldn't register the kill, would it? 

Edit: re-uploaded scoreboard with blurred names

Annotation 2020-09-17 141455.png

Annotation 2020-09-17 141822.jpg

Edited by Dhanat

[HINON]
Members
13,846 posts
9 minutes ago, Dhanat said:

Likely their points ticked over right before they died. The game runs just a split second after victory conditions are met.  You could upload the replay if you want further verification.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,198 posts
10,466 battles

The clock you see and the clock on the server are not perfectly synchronized.  The server registed game over before it registered a kill.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,799 posts
20,305 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Likely their points ticked over right before they died. The game runs just a split second after victory conditions are met.  You could upload the replay if you want further verification.

That's what I'm thinking.

[META_]
Members
2,255 posts
7,485 battles

sorry to hear of your loss, i've had this exact same thing happen to me literally thousands of times!!

except it's been in Random battles... on occasion the battle is declared a defeat as early as 5 minutes in!!

but seriously, it qualifies as another example of theft. everybody has experienced kill stealing in a game, on this occasion it was victory stealing. kill stealing is within the team, and victory stealing is done by the Red team, to the Green team.

It is deliberate, diabolical, pernicious, and very common in the game!! With my stats, it's happened in more battles than not, so i am somewhat of an expert. To the best i am aware, this is the first time I've seen someone else report it, with visual verification. 

spud

[WORX]
Members
12,061 posts
19,521 battles

I am willing to suspect, the red fleet won on pts before the final red ship was sunk..

If anything, I think its a visual bug... The end result still stands, its the end all to deciding who won. In this case, red won.

Sign in to follow this