You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Georgia - 72 BUCKS?

17 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,182 posts

I own the Georgia. I do not remember paying anything NEAR $72 US for her. Help me out here... 

Did she skyrocket in price? Was there a way to win her or buy her at a deeply discounted price? 

I'm a real tight-fisted buyer on WoWS. Yes, today I bought Massachusetts but only with a 30% discount coupon. In fact, within the last two minutes. 

I know there is simply no way I would have spent that kind of money on Georgia. So yea, help me remember!  

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
736 posts
9,760 battles

Maybe you earned the Georgia via coal?

Tier 9s tend to be very pricey.

image.thumb.png.b30e1e72860ec70a3509757f6caadc48.png

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,167 posts
22,715 battles

She is also a coal ship. She might have cleaned out your bunker...

[WOLFC]
Members
2,194 posts
10,553 battles
13 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I own the Georgia. I do not remember paying anything NEAR $72 US for her. Help me out here... 

Did she skyrocket in price? Was there a way to win her or buy her at a deeply discounted price

I'm a real tight-fisted buyer on WoWS. Yes, today I bought Massachusetts but only with a 30% discount coupon. In fact, within the last two minutes. 

I know there is simply no way I would have spent that kind of money on Georgia. So yea, help me remember!  

Tier IX premiums have always hovered around $70 US in price. However, as others have mentioned Georgia is also a coal ship. That is how I got mine, as well as my Jean Bart, which was also offered in the premium shop. $70+ is a bit much for any ship, IMO.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,783 posts
20,267 battles

T9 prems were always that much when bought directly. Georgia was available for coal as well though, which is how I got her.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,182 posts
22 minutes ago, Khafni said:

She is also a coal ship. She might have cleaned out your bunker...

Ah... now that would be most likely. Thanks Khafni and @Nevermore135 

Bit much, yup... but guess that tells us how they value coal. You know it gets cold up north... 

[WOLF4]
Members
266 posts
9,649 battles

Piece of advice if anyone unawares-stack the 30% discount with the armory 25% discount for ships.

• Cool 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
736 posts
9,760 battles
14 minutes ago, ZaCLoNe said:

Piece of advice if anyone unawares-stack the 30% discount with the armory 25% discount for ships.

Whaaaaaaaaat?  How?

[HINON]
Members
13,824 posts
14 minutes ago, Altwar said:

Whaaaaaaaaat?  How?

You buy doubloons with the 30% off coupon, then you use the doubloons with the 25% discount in the armory to buy the ship you want.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,182 posts

I just took the 30% off as I'd previously spent my 20% discount a couple months back... the Massachusetts that is.. 

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
736 posts
9,760 battles
21 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You buy doubloons with the 30% off coupon, then you use the doubloons with the 25% discount in the armory to buy the ship you want.

Ah, good deal!   Though I'd actually have to buy more doubloons (probably the 12500 package) than I need if I wanted to get the Massachusetts, as an example.  So I'd have extra doubloons which is nice, but the $ end result is something less than a 30% in that case.   However, that extra doubloons might come in handy should I want to spend it on the last 2 stages of the current Anchorage dockyard mission to complete that.  Very interesting!

6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I just took the 30% off as I'd previously spent my 20% discount a couple months back... the Massachusetts that is.. 

The Massachusetts if any is the one I have my eye on in the premium shop, even though I already have the Alabama and California.
Also thinking of just getting a tier 6 CV instead as I really don't want to grind a tier 4 CV (the only type I have) and not having a CV does limit my options a bit with regards to missions and campaigns.

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,138 battles

I'm waiting for them to bring back the Flint for coal. I'm wondering if they're planning to sell the Smolensk for dinero. 

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
736 posts
9,760 battles
28 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Where is everyone getting these 30% coupons? 

I got a notice in game to look at the 5 year anniversary screen.  After scrolling through that, I returned to the WoWs client and saw another message for the 30% coupon.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,182 posts
7 hours ago, Altwar said:

<snip>

The Massachusetts if any is the one I have my eye on in the premium shop, even though I already have the Alabama and California.
Also thinking of just getting a tier 6 CV instead as I really don't want to grind a tier 4 CV (the only type I have) and not having a CV does limit my options a bit with regards to missions and campaigns.

I was looking to add to my CV fleet... but then I realized man, I got more than enough CVs... I want a ship that is, for the most part, heading towards legendary signage... 

I expect her to be yanked from sale this year. But I'm totally speculating.