Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Batavian1

Asymmetric battles gone?

9 comments in this topic

[COOP2]
Members
359 posts
9,210 battles

It was a 2 week trial period.

They are probably looking at how it all went and figuring out if it should return, if so in what way, does it need any adjustments and such.

[FORM]
Members
1,962 posts
12,607 battles
1 minute ago, Ironshroud said:

They are probably looking at how it all went and figuring out if it should return, if so in what way, does it need any adjustments and such.

I do hope it comes back, and I do hope they tweak it so there are less bots. I definitely like the idea of letting players see how many people are waiting for a match on which side of the equation - might encourage folks to switch from the higher or lower tiers to fill out with players rather than have the bot teams that happened occasionally.

Personally I'd also like to see the rewards increased for the Tier 5 & 7 ships too, since they're at more of a disadvantage and they're choosing to accept that. 

[HINON]
Members
2,304 posts
22,535 battles

Frankly, even if they made it a co-op mode I think it would be fun.  Same general idea but give bots a shot by either superior numbers or ships if appliable.

It was a nice change.

• Cool 2

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Yeah I have to be honest, I was enjoying Asymetric once they re balanced the MM a bit.  It seemed to be going pretty good and they were excellent for completing some of the Anchorage directives.  They were also a fun break from doing randoms.  I didn't realize it was a trial test so had been stockpiling points to run my Tier 7/8 ships so sucks that it is gone.

[TORCH]
Members
667 posts
17,111 battles

My take on how it went...for what it's worth (probably not much).

The first couple days, most people didn't have the battle tokens to take out higher tier ships, so most people were playing low-tier, and the low tier team usually won.  After those few days, though, people amassed the tokens and more and more people started playing high tier, and the high-tier side started winning more.  As more people played high-tier, we started seeing bots filling on the low-tier team, which caused the high-tier team to win more, and accellerated the trend.  By the last day or two, we were frequently seeing low-tier teams that were mostly bots.  I played one low-tier game in which I was the ONLY human on the team, and later the same day had a high-tier game where the low-tier team was ALL bots.

So...my take is that WG needs to figure out how to encourage more players to go into battle in lower-tier ships.  The time I saw I was the only human, I knew immediately there was no chance of winning.  The other team (all human) noticed, too, and made a point of blapping me first.  Don't blame them.  I'd have done the same.  But for me, that wasn't a very enjoyable game.

[DOG]
Members
1,220 posts
12,663 battles
10 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

My take on how it went...for what it's worth (probably not much).

The first couple days, most people didn't have the battle tokens to take out higher tier ships, so most people were playing low-tier, and the low tier team usually won.  After those few days, though, people amassed the tokens and more and more people started playing high tier, and the high-tier side started winning more.  As more people played high-tier, we started seeing bots filling on the low-tier team, which caused the high-tier team to win more, and accellerated the trend.  By the last day or two, we were frequently seeing low-tier teams that were mostly bots.  I played one low-tier game in which I was the ONLY human on the team, and later the same day had a high-tier game where the low-tier team was ALL bots.

So...my take is that WG needs to figure out how to encourage more players to go into battle in lower-tier ships.  The time I saw I was the only human, I knew immediately there was no chance of winning.  The other team (all human) noticed, too, and made a point of blapping me first.  Don't blame them.  I'd have done the same.  But for me, that wasn't a very enjoyable game.

Hmm.  Maybe change the tiers around: VI-VII-VIII vs. IX-X?  Tier VIII sees tier IX-X all the time in random anyway, so most people know how to deal it. And just make the rewards for playing a tier VI ship really massive (credits, XP, CXP, etc.).  Or go the other way, with tier III-IV-V vs. VI-VII.

[GOCRY]
Members
639 posts
4 hours ago, TheArc said:

I definitely like the idea of letting players see how many people are waiting for a match on which side of the equation - might encourage folks to switch from the higher or lower tiers to fill out with players rather than have the bot teams that happened occasionally.

This would backfire.  If you see that there are only a few players in the high tier bracket, are you going to choose that, knowing that you’ll probably end up on a team full of bots and almost guaranteed to lose?

I think they should rebalance the “cost” to play the higher tier.  If the chances of winning at high and low tier are roughly the same, then people should have more freedom to play what they want, and will balance themselves out.

Edited by SeaGladius

Sign in to follow this