You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Natsukirei

Georgia vs Pommern

9 comments in this topic

[HEG]
Members
28 posts
4,562 battles

Hey all

I was just curious what people think of the Georgia vs Pommern now that the Pommern has had time and play

I see alot of mixed opinions on the Pommern, especially the guns and sigma

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,033 posts
11,066 battles

Imo pommern strength is niche. But it’s very good at its niche. Ranked sprint proved this ship is arguably the best brawling bb at t9. Georgia can brawl but it’s a better all around ship with more strengths. I would take Georgia but that’s just me

Members
3,631 posts
42,202 battles

Pommern is balanced as such that it can do well at mid to short range.

However, Georgia has a speed advantage and the Pommern has a known weakness synonymous with the German line.

While Georgia can overcome the lack of hydro by staying at range outside of torpedoes and secbats if necessary, it's guns are better from that range as well.

Well angled going in and bouncing out before Pommern can reload, it can out maneuver the Pommern. 

A wise Pommern captain would have to keep Georgia from hitting the ship wide. Opening up is risky. Best to attack if Georgia is otherwise engaged and break off angled if focused by Georgia.

Both ships are well capable of ranged gunnery at an effective 16km. However, that leaves Pommern unable to use secbats or torpedoes.

It will boil down to the skills of the two captains in the gunnery part. The best shooter wins.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,261 battles
3 hours ago, Natsukirei said:

was just curious what people think of the Georgia vs Pommern now that the Pommern has had time and play

I own both and like both .... a lot. 

38 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

The best shooter wins.

Usually does.

[GRETA]
Members
1,225 posts
10,090 battles

Different tools for different jobs.   1 vs 1 pommern is stronger however in randoms GA is more versatile and able to make plays that the pommern can't pull off.

• Cool 1

[WAMMY]
Members
2,510 posts
13,934 battles

Hey

I prefer the Pommern hands down over the Georgia.  The Georgia has weak armor and with 6 guns can get trolled.  At least Pommern has those last ditch torps if you decide to yolo and your armor will keep you alive longer.  But I just prefer my German ships compared to everyone else; although the Russian are very good (shocking I know).

Pete

[-H-]
Members
210 posts
6,448 battles
On 9/17/2020 at 8:22 AM, HallaSnackbar said:

Different tools for different jobs.   1 vs 1 pommern is stronger however in randoms GA is more versatile and able to make plays that the pommern can't pull off.

this. Pommern with its guns is very difficult in randoms. Its a highly situational ship that relies on its teammates.  I have had much better success with the FDG. 

[WOLF3]
Members
438 posts
11,191 battles

I would not put any resources in the pommern. The georgia is much better and more likely to survive the new long range spamming, HE slinging, CV meta that is coming with the skills rework.

• Cool 1

Members
95 posts
6,927 battles

The Georgia is definitely the better ship and I really like shooting at the Pommern in my Georgia since I get such good damage numbers. The Georgia is also the fastest BB in the game at just shy of 40 kts with speed boost enabled! Dev stikes at range are common in my Georgia. 

I run the rudder shift module and at medium ranges dodge BB shells by hitting the brakes and turning away. The Pommern AP only does good damage to perfectly broadside targets and you will struggle against properly angled targets.

Edited by Systemlord_1