You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jondoom

"The Big J","Black Dragon", New Jersey suggestion

39 comments in this topic

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles

Outside of Missouri's only claim to fame being the site of the Japanese surrender (because President Truman was from Missouri), New Jersey is the most famous of all the Iowa class battleships with a service record (not just battle stars) to prove it. No ship has been featured more on the official WoWs website and not been in the game.  To quote one Vietnam veteran; "if it hadn't been for the New Jersey, they would have zapped our [edited]."

The ship can be either:

• Tier 10 for steel or two million free XP
  • Tier 9 for doubloons / ~90$
  • HP should stay the same as Missouri and Iowa, but with a British type superheal
  • Hydro
  • 11.5km secondaries with signals.
  • 1944 configuration with permanent MS-21 camouflage and the round bridge
  • 25 second main battery reload
  • 35.2kt max speed as this ship does hold the World Record for fastest battleship ever (confirmed max speed sustained for over 6 hours in 1968)
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,571 posts
4,223 battles

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why WG doesn't listen to the players on balancing. You want an Iowa with Mass secondaries, RN superheal, Georgia reload, and a built in speed flag? Why don't you just add the nuclear shells to it just to make sure everyone understands this would be the most overpowered ship to ever be conceived in WOWS. It literally has no weaknesses:Smile_teethhappy:

Missouri is borderline just with radar, GA with reload, secondaries, and speed is pretty much OP. Belfast and Nikolai were so OP they got removed, this thing makes them look pathetic in comparison. Usually people with OP USN BB ideas at least have reality on their side, you don't even have that. How on this planet do you think a superheal would be appropriate here?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,238 posts
23,105 battles
11 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why WG doesn't listen to the players on balancing. You want an Iowa with Mass secondaries, RN superheal, Georgia reload, and a built in speed flag? Why don't you just add the nuclear shells to it just to make sure everyone understands this would be the most overpowered ship to ever be conceived in WOWS. It literally has no weaknesses:Smile_teethhappy:

Missouri is borderline just with radar, GA with reload, secondaries, and speed is pretty much OP. Belfast and Nikolai were so OP they got removed, this thing makes them look pathetic in comparison. Usually people with OP USN BB ideas at least have reality on their side, you don't even have that. How on this planet do you think a superheal would be appropriate here?

Don't know enough IRL history to know if it's a national thing or not but Yorktown had a comparative super heal for the IJN to mistake it for 1 of the other US CVs because it wasn't conceivable to them that the Yorktown hadn't sunk from the 1st attack...or if it hadn't that it was able to even be underway instead of dead in the water was...inconceivable (I do not think that word means what I think it means).

But yes...I agree...your concept is too OP OP.

[BUOY]
Members
1,123 posts
15,507 battles

IMO balanced Big J.

Tier 9 Korean War era GA replacement:

USN secondaries line treatment (sec accuracy + range / heal / etc). 78k hp. 35.2 knot base speed to match her historical record but no spood beest so GA and MN BB's are faster still for stretches of time. 

Musashi's spotter/fighter plane cooldown and/or pre rework Hood level DFAA.

Main guns are either Mass sigma / range nerfed compared to IA OR Bajie accuracy buffed compared to IA at the cost of a 33 second base reload.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,202 battles
5 hours ago, jondoom said:

Outside of Missouri's only claim to fame being the site of the Japanese surrender (because President Truman was from Missouri), New Jersey is the most famous of all the Iowa class battleships with a service record (not just battle stars) to prove it. No ship has been featured more on the official WoWs website and not been in the game.  To quote one Vietnam veteran; "if it hadn't been for the New Jersey, they would have zapped our [edited]."

The ship can be either:

• Tier 10 for steel or two million free XP
  • Tier 9 for doubloons / ~90$
  • HP should stay the same as Missouri and Iowa, but with a British type superheal
  • Hydro
  • 11.5km secondaries with signals.
  • 1944 configuration with permanent MS-21 camouflage and the round bridge
  • 25 second main battery reload
  • 35.2kt max speed as this ship does hold the World Record for fastest battleship ever (confirmed max speed sustained for over 6 hours in 1968)

We should also give it radar (lets use the 12km radar from the Petropavlovsk but with the duration of USN radar), defensive AA,  2x5 torpedo launchers on each side shooting Fletcher torpedoes, a pair of Seahawk helicopters with Harpoon missiles, and make sure and use the German hydro but give it long duration like RN DDs. Also, don't forget main battery reload booster, speed boost, and special damage saturation mechanics like the French DDs. Also, it should get your choice of 3 types of ammunition: HE, SAP, and AP. And railguns. It needs railguns. All the railguns. And give it 1/4 penetration like German HE but with the fire chance and pen of British HE. Perfection!

I mean, as long as we're asking for a terribly unbalanced ship that takes an Iowa and gives it all the gimmicks other ships have with no weaknesses to counterbalance them, we might as well go all-out on this ship. YAY BALANCE!

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles

This ship would be at tier x with 69k hp. Its going to need the super heal. You can drop the 25 second reload but the speed is historically accurate for NJ, not overpowered fiction 

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles
On 9/17/2020 at 11:04 AM, jondoom said:

This ship would be at tier x with 69k hp. Its going to need the super heal. You can drop the 25 second reload but the speed is historically accurate for NJ, not overpowered fiction 

New Jersey is an Iowa-class not a Montana, therefore if they do give it to us it'll be at T9 like Iowa and Missouri. (But it wouldn't be the first time they gave us a T10-quality ship at T9. Remember the Musashi?)

New Jersey would be a great addition to the game, BUT I have a feeling they'll put Missouri back in the game in the Armory or for FXP again, long before they give us New Jersey.

That being said, if they do put it in the game, Jersey is definitely going to be on my "shopping list", if only for that name, "Black Dragon".

On 9/16/2020 at 9:51 PM, jondoom said:

New Jersey and Missouri, along with Iowa and her fourth sister (whose name I cannot remember), all served in Vietnam and Korea. Jersey and Missouri also served in Desert Storm, after being modernized to carry Tomahawk cruise missiles, Harpoon anti-ship missiles, SAM batteries, a spotting drone for her main battery guns, and as you can see below, a helipad for Seahawk helicopters.

And In Desert Storm it was the USS Missouri who fired the first shots, those shots being a salvo from her 50 year old sixteen inch main battery guns.

New Jersey and Missouri share the claim you made about service record. Both served all the way to 1991, and Missouri shares the same number of claims to fame as New Jersey does.

So, while you aren't exactly telling us lies, you're not telling us the whole truth either.

Source: 

Edited by Saphira123456
Additions, corrections and clarifications

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles
2 hours ago, Saphira123456 said:

New Jersey is an Iowa-class not a Montana, therefore if they do give it to us it'll be at T9 like Iowa and Missouri. (But it wouldn't be the first time they gave us a T10-quality ship at T9. Remember the Musashi?)

New Jersey would be a great addition to the game, BUT I have a feeling they'll put Missouri back in the game in the Armory or for FXP again, long before they give us New Jersey.

That being said, if they do put it in the game, Jersey is definitely going to be on my "shopping list", if only for that name, "Black Dragon".

New Jersey and Missouri, along with Iowa and her fourth sister (whose name I cannot remember), all served in Vietnam and Korea. Jersey and Missouri also served in Desert Storm, after being modernized to carry Tomahawk cruise missiles, Harpoon anti-ship missiles, SAM batteries, a spotting drone for her main battery guns, and as you can see below, a helipad for Seahawk helicopters.

And In Desert Storm it was the USS Missouri who fired the first shots, those shots being a salvo from her 50 year old sixteen inch main battery guns.

New Jersey and Missouri share the claim you made about service record. Both served all the way to 1991, and Missouri shares the same number of claims to fame as New Jersey does.

So, while you aren't exactly telling us lies, you're not telling us the whole truth either.

Source: 

You are mistaken. Only New Jersey was reactivated for Vietnam. Missouri sat in mothballs. New Jersey was the first of the four reactivated and immediately was sent to Lebanon during the Civil War. Missouri and Wisconsin participated in the Gulf War. New Jersey did not make it there in time and was deactivated. 

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles
1 hour ago, jondoom said:

You are mistaken. Only New Jersey was reactivated for Vietnam. Missouri sat in mothballs. New Jersey was the first of the four reactivated and immediately was sent to Lebanon during the Civil War. Missouri and Wisconsin participated in the Gulf War. New Jersey did not make it there in time and was deactivated. 

You are the one who is mistaken, Jondoom. Not me..

While I may have been wrong about New Jersey being present in the first Gulf War, I am correct in saying that all four of the Iowas were reactivated for and participated in both Vietnam and Korea.

In fact, on her way back from Vietnam USS Iowa suffered an explosion in one of her turrets, as she passed under the Golden Gate Bridge on her way home to San Francisco. The explosion rendered the turret inoperable. This is the reason Iowa and New Jersey were not present in the first Gulf War.

Both were deactivated after this explosion, and placed into mothballs at that time.

This is mentioned in the video above, and the cause was later (after the video was made) identified as human error.

However, iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri AND New Jersey were present in Vietnam and in Korea.

Furthermore, you misquoted that veteran above. What he actually said was, "if it hadn't been for the Iowas, they would have zapped our [edited]." (This same quote is echoed in the video I posted.)

This is a matter of United States Navy historical record, so If you don't like what I'm saying, take it up with the Navy, the Library of Congress, and the people who worked onboard the Iowa-class battleships during that time.

They will show I'm telling the truth.

Edited by Saphira123456
Corrections and clarifications

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles
4 hours ago, Saphira123456 said:

While I may have been wrong about New Jersey being present in the first Gulf War, I am correct in saying that all four of the Iowas were reactivated for and participated in both Vietnam and Korea.

In fact, on her way back from Vietnam USS Iowa suffered an explosion in one of her turrets, as she passed under the Golden Gate Bridge on her way home to San Francisco. The explosion rendered the turret inoperable. This is the reason Iowa and New Jersey were not present in the first Gulf War.

Both were deactivated after this explosion, and placed into mothballs at that time.

This is mentioned in the video above, and the cause was later (after the video was made) identified as human error.

However, iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri AND New Jersey were present in Vietnam and in Korea.

Furthermore, you misquoted that veteran above. What he actually said was, "if it hadn't been for the Iowas, they would have zapped our [edited]." (This same quote is echoed in the video I posted.)

This is a matter of United States Navy historical record, so If you don't like what I'm saying, take it up with the Navy, the Library of Congress, and the people who worked onboard the Iowa-class battleships during that time.

You are completely wrong and I hope someone else chimes in or youre just trolling me. The New Jersey was in Vietnam from 1968-69. The Iowa explosion happened in the late 1980s. ONLY New Jersey was active during Vietnam with captain J Edward Snyder at her helm. She was decommissioned in December 1969. Captain Robert Peniston was tasked with decomming when he said "rest well yet sleep lightly and hear the call if again sounded to provide the firepower for freedom."

[-BMV-]
Members
535 posts
19,719 battles
8 hours ago, Saphira123456 said:

All four were active during the Korean War, but only New Jersey was active during Vietnam. Iowa, Missouri and Wisconsin were placed on the Mothball fleet around 1957-1958 and were reactivated in the 80's under Reagan's 600-Ship Navy plan. The Vietnam War was long over by then.

Iowa's turret explosion happened in 1989 and was the subject a very controversial investigation. I think someone in this forum actually served on Iowa during that time.

Only Missouri and Wisconsin were active during the Gulf War, Iowa was decommissioned on 1990 and New Jersey was decommissioned on 1991, just a few short months before the Gulf War.

But it had little to do with the explosion, it was more of an economical reason as having 4 Battleships active at the same time was difficult for the Navy. You need to remember that these were active to counter the Soviet Union, the Kirov class Battlecruiser specifically. By 1990, the Soviet Union was gone and their economy was in shambles, it was highly unlikely a War could happen, so with no "Real Enemies" around, the decision to decommission Iowa and New Jersey was more an economy related decision than a military one.

Edited by Sidelock

[UN1]
Members
1,292 posts
4,040 battles

No. He's right. You may want to refresh on your history a bit. 

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles
3 hours ago, Ranari said:

No. He's right. You may want to refresh on your history a bit. 

I am up to date on the story Ranari, thanks to someone else in this forum. (See below.)

6 hours ago, Sidelock said:

All four were active during the Korean War, but only New Jersey was active during Vietnam. Iowa, Missouri and Wisconsin were placed on the Mothball fleet around 1957-1958 and were reactivated in the 80's under Reagan's 600-Ship Navy plan. The Vietnam War was long over by then.

Iowa's turret explosion happened in 1989 and was the subject a very controversial investigation. I think someone in this forum actually served on Iowa during that time.

Only Missouri and Wisconsin were active during the Gulf War, Iowa was decommissioned on 1990 and New Jersey was decommissioned on 1991, just a few short months before the Gulf War.

But it had little to do with the explosion, it was more of an economical reason as having 4 Battleships active at the same time was difficult for the Navy. You need to remember that these were active to counter the Soviet Union, the Kirov class Battlecruiser specifically. By 1990, the Soviet Union was gone and their economy was in shambles, it was highly unlikely a War could happen, so with no "Real Enemies" around, the decision to decommission Iowa and New Jersey was more an economy related decision than a military one.

Thank you Sidelock. However, this doesn't make what I said, wrong.

Missouri has a lot of the same service record New Jersey has.

In fact, Missouri has an equal number of conflicts (World War 2, Korea, Gulf War I for Missouri vs. WW2, Korea, and Vietnam for New Jersey) and is quite possibly America's most historic warship (after USS Constitution, of course.)

She very much deserves her spot in the game. And while Jersey is a very worthy ship, and should be in the game, it is Missouri who clearly deserves the moniker, "America's most historic battleship".

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles
45 minutes ago, Saphira123456 said:

I am up to date on the story Ranari, thanks to someone else in this forum. (See below.)

Thank you Sidelock. However, this doesn't make what I said, wrong.

Missouri has a lot of the same service record New Jersey has.

In fact, Missouri has an equal number of conflicts (World War 2, Korea, Gulf War I for Missouri vs. WW2, Korea, and Vietnam for New Jersey) and is quite possibly America's most historic warship (after USS Constitution, of course.)

She very much deserves her spot in the game. And while Jersey is a very worthy ship, and should be in the game, it is Missouri who clearly deserves the moniker, "America's most historic battleship".

Missouri was not in an equal number of conflicts. New Jersey was in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Middle East / Persian Gulf. New Jersey has 19 battle stars and dozens of other awards. New Jersey has the longest service length out of all 4 Iowa class ships. 1943-1948, 1950-1957, 1968-1970, 1982-1991 equaling 23 years of service. Missouri only served for 14, and has only 11 battle stars. Wisconsin also served for 14 years earning 6 battle stars. Iowa served for a total of 19 years earning 11 battle stars. New Jersey is the longest and fastest of the four (even with Wisconsin having a new bow grafted on, New Jersey is still longer). 

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles
On 9/19/2020 at 6:20 PM, jondoom said:

Missouri was not in an equal number of conflicts. New Jersey was in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Middle East / Persian Gulf. New Jersey has 19 battle stars and dozens of other awards. New Jersey has the longest service length out of all 4 Iowa class ships. 1943-1948, 1950-1957, 1968-1970, 1982-1991 equaling 23 years of service. Missouri only served for 14, and has only 11 battle stars. Wisconsin also served for 14 years earning 6 battle stars. Iowa served for a total of 19 years earning 11 battle stars. New Jersey is the longest and fastest of the four (even with Wisconsin having a new bow grafted on, New Jersey is still longer). 

You're wrong.

First off, if New Jersey has 19 battle stars, that would put her number of battle stars at a tie with USS Enterprise, which earned the most battle stars out of all the US Navy's warships, giving me even more reason to doubt your claims.

Furthermore, by your own admission, New Jersey arrived too late for the first Gulf War, meaning she was NOT in the Middle East/Persian Gulf. therefore did NOT serve during that conflict, meaning that what I said is true. She served in three, Missouri served in three, WIsconsin served in three, and Iowa served for two.

On 9/19/2020 at 3:24 AM, jondoom said:

New Jersey did not make it [to the Gulf] in time and was deactivated. 

So no, New Jersey did NOT serve in the Middle East/Persian Gulf.

She served in three wars, just like the other members of her class minus Iowa herself.

Additionally, because New Jersey arrived too late, she is therefore NOT QUALIFIED for any awards or battle stars she may have received for that period and should have been DISQUALIFIED from receiving any of them. (And TBH, if she does have awards/battle stars for that period they should be stripped from her record. She didn't earn them.)

I don't know how many battle stars New Jersey has for the Gulf War, but we can safely say they do not count as, once again, she didn't earn them.

Once those are taken away, she has less awards than Missouri.

Edited by Saphira123456
Additional material/clarification.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,362 posts
10,212 battles
On 9/17/2020 at 12:18 AM, AJTP89 said:

No, no.. you mean the mistake is wanting a USN ship to be like this. If it was soviet ship request they would make it in a jiffy. 

Oh wait.. they kinda did already. Its called Kremlin and Slava. 

• Boring 1

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles
1 hour ago, Saphira123456 said:

You're wrong.

First off, if New Jersey has 19 battle stars, that would put her number of battle stars at a tie with USS Enterprise, which earned the most battle stars out of all the US Navy's warships, giving me even more reason to doubt your claims.

Furthermore, by your own admission, New Jersey arrived too late for the first Gulf War, meaning she was NOT in the Middle East/Persian Gulf. therefore did NOT serve during that conflict, meaning that what I said is true. She served in three, Missouri served in three, WIsconsin served in three, and Iowa served for two.

So no, New Jersey did NOT serve in the Middle East/Persian Gulf.

She served in three wars, just like the other members of her class minus Iowa herself.

Additionally, because New Jersey arrived too late, she is therefore NOT QUALIFIED for any awards or battle stars she may have received for that period and should have been DISQUALIFIED from receiving any of them. (And TBH, if she does have awards/battle stars for that period they should be stripped from her record. She didn't earn them.)

I don't know how many battle stars New Jersey has for the Gulf War, but we can safely say they do not count as, once again, she didn't earn them.

Once those are taken away, she has less awards than Missouri.

"New Jersey earned nine battle stars for her World War II service, four for the Korean War, two for the Vietnam War, and four for action in Lebanon and the Persian Gulf region.Among other awards, she received the Navy Unit Commendation for Vietnam service, the Presidential Unit Citation from the Republic of the Philippines, and the Presidential Unit Citation from the Republic of Korea. Based on these New Jersey holds the distinction of being the most decorated battleship in US history."

Either you work for the Missouri Museum or you're just disillusion and I don't mean that in an offensive way. Including other commendations, New Jersey has at least DOUBLE Missouri's. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,571 posts
4,223 battles
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

No, no.. you mean the mistake is wanting a USN ship to be like this. If it was soviet ship request they would make it in a jiffy. 

No, the suggestion was an order of magnitude more OP than any ship to yet see the live server. Kremlin might be strong, but it isn't literally have no weaknesses strong.

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles
1 hour ago, jondoom said:

"New Jersey earned nine battle stars for her World War II service, four for the Korean War, two for the Vietnam War, and four for action in Lebanon and the Persian Gulf region.Among other awards, she received the Navy Unit Commendation for Vietnam service, the Presidential Unit Citation from the Republic of the Philippines, and the Presidential Unit Citation from the Republic of Korea. Based on these New Jersey holds the distinction of being the most decorated battleship in US history."

Either you work for the Missouri Museum or you're just disillusion and I don't mean that in an offensive way. Including other commendations, New Jersey has at least DOUBLE Missouri's. 

It never served in the gulf, and that's by your own admission.

On 9/19/2020 at 3:24 AM, jondoom said:

New Jersey did not make it there [to the Gulf] in time and was deactivated. 

So those four battle stars and the awards given for the Persian Gulf region were not earned. So that brings her total from nineteen down to fifteen.

Therefore she is NOT the most decorated battleship in US history as the four battle stars for the Persian Gulf region were not earned.

So she has fifteen battle stars. TOPS.

Methinks someone at the New Jersey is miscounting her awards. Maybe someone there is grafting Wisconsin's awards onto New Jersey like the former's bow was (I don't know how many Wisconsin had), or someone's giving her participation trophies for wars she didn't participate in.

Either way, Including battle stars and other awards, all of them actually earned, Missouri is the top scoring battleship in the US Navy. Not New Jersey.

Because however impressive their service records may be, you can't count stars and awards not earned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, you got a source for what you're saying? Because I'd like to see it.

Also, if you're using Wikipedia, then you can stop right there. Wikipedia is not a good source.

Edited by Saphira123456

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles

The Gulf War and the Persian Gulf theatre of operations are two different things. The Lebanese Civil War is considered to be part of the Persian Gulf Region 

Members
729 posts
10,104 battles
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

Oh right USN, the nation with no overpowered ships at all, nothing like the three or four OP Russian shipsNot even close!

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles
44 minutes ago, WernerHerzdog said:

Bad ping, sorry

49 minutes ago, jondoom said:

The Gulf War and the Persian Gulf theatre of operations are two different things. The Lebanese Civil War is considered to be part of the Persian Gulf Region 

Still doesn't mean she earned those stars.

Also, still no source, so I'm not buying it.

And again, if your source is Wikipedia, than it's automatically discounted as bull crap.

Edited by Saphira123456

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles

Here is the ships history from the ships museum website.

https://www.battleshipnewjersey.org/the-ship/full-history/

"New Jersey earned the Navy Unit Commendation for Vietnam service. She has received nine battle stars for World War II; four for the Korean conflict; and two for Vietnam, and three Campaign Stars for service off Beirut, Lebanon and service in the Persian Gulf, prior to Operation Desert Storm. With a total of Nineteen Battle and Campaign Stars, New Jersey is America’s most decorated battleship and surviving warship." 
This quote is the last paragraph of the ships history from the official museum website.

Here is a photographic history of the ship from the USN historical site
http://www.navsource.org/archives/01/62a.htm

Here is a list of the ships commendations  (not battle stars)
Unit Awards, Campaign and Service Medals and Ribbons for the battleship New Jersey (BB-62). From left to right, in order of decending rows:
1. Combat Action Ribbon (with 1 Gold Star) Navy Unit Commendation (with 1 Bronze Star)
2. Navy "E" Ribbon Navy Expeditionary Medal China Service Medal
3. American Campaign Medal Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal (with 1 Silver and 4 Bronze Stars) World War II Victory Medal
4. Navy Occupation Service Medal National Defense Service Medal (with 2 Bronze Stars) Korean Service Medal (with 4 Bronze Stars)
5. Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal Vietnam Service Medal (with 3 Bronze Stars) Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (with 3 Bronze Stars)
6. Philippine Presidential Unit Citation Korean Presidential Unit Citation Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation (with Palm)
7. Philippine Liberation Medal (with 2 Bronze Stars) United Nations Service Medal Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal

Here's a photo of said commendations on the ship
0162010.jpg

source: Official USN photograph # DN-ST-87-04540, by PH2 Rick Sforza, from the Department of Defense Still Media Collection, courtesy of dodmedia.osd.mil.

If you need more sources, I have them for days. New Jersey, NOT Missouri, is the most decorated battleship in naval history.

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles

Museum source confirms bias. Therefore it is discounted. (AKA not good.)

I also used MULTIPLE Department of Defense sources. The ones that conflict with yours are discounted. (AKA they don't count as sources.)

Also, that photo is familiar. It was taken aboard USS Missouri during her Gulf War tour. (Note the chemical warfare gear, this was not used by USS New Jersey, nor was it ever issued to the crew of the New Jersey.)

So, all the sources I've seen you display so far, indicate MISSOURI (BB-63). You're trying to pass off the Missouri as the New Jersey.

If you want more sources, I have them for years. Many of which are, I suspect, in your library. (Because they're about Missouri, not New Jersey.)

Edited by Saphira123456

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,081 battles

Here's another photo of NJ with even more commendations at decommissioning in 1991 as the other photo was taken in March of 1987 aboard the New Jersey, not Missouri
016201e.jpg

At this point it's evident that you just like the Missouri and you are trying to create a revisionist history of it.