You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GenerallySpecific

WOWS torps

29 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,505 posts
9,824 battles
10 minutes ago, GenerallySpecific said:

Once again those magic self-guided torps from bots that turn to follow your ship and actually crossed their own paths, whats next WG, Russian ships that don't suck?

Got a replay?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,833 posts

If you drink another of that whiskey shot and concentrate on the middle track, ignoring the other duplicate imagery you will do better. //teasing

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NEMO]
Members
215 posts
10,500 battles

I played an asymm match last nite and a human dd fires fish at me...i  see the spread and then i see a single fish coming from a beach area directly at me....dd was around the island.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,675 posts
12,162 battles

Since torpedoes are fired from a single point in a vector, all torpedoes fired from separate torpedo mounts are fated to cross paths unless they're fired in perfect parallel... Same with ship guns.

image.png.f5bd69ed976daa70fd88757468df5765.png

See this example:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,850 posts
2 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Since torpedoes are fired from a single point in a vector, all torpedoes fired from separate torpedo mounts are fated to cross paths unless they're fired in perfect parallel... Same with ship guns.

How dare you use logic and geometry to interrupt a rant.

• Haha 1

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
3 hours ago, GenerallySpecific said:

Once again those magic self-guided torps from bots that turn to follow your ship and actually crossed their own paths, whats next WG, Russian ships that don't suck?

Nope didn't happen, so this is a lie just to show your dislike of the Soviet line ?

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,675 posts
12,162 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

This reminds me of the time I was called an idiot for explaining how you can plot intercept points for enemy ships beyond your torpedo range using the directional indicators to calculate time to target. :fish_sleep:

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
3,025 battles

what I like even v=better is how you sink a ship and it fires torpedoes from where it would have been.......don't ask for a replay, play a few dozen coops on a regular basis and tell me I'm wrong

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KSC]
Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles
5 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

what I like even v=better is how you sink a ship and it fires torpedoes from where it would have been.......don't ask for a replay, play a few dozen coops on a regular basis and tell me I'm wrong

Very well, you are wrong.

coop.jpg.aab27e44aca9d60cd6a218902939b54b.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

[PHD]
Members
1,749 posts
7,142 battles
6 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Shhh! :cap_wander:It was a secret test of the German acoustic homing torpedo with the random hunting pattern enabled. The Type XXI subs will be equipped with them so they can launch undetected at depth.

Move along  there is nothing to see here.:Smile_hiding:

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
653 posts
5,757 battles
19 hours ago, xHeavy said:

If you drink another of that whiskey shot and concentrate on the middle track, ignoring the other duplicate imagery you will do better. //teasing

So THAT'S my problem!! Thanks! :cap_tea::cap_wander::cap_like:

• Cool 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
653 posts
5,757 battles
15 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Too lazy to post a cap of my Coop battles, it's 4409 (you never post replays so...). What I have seen is a bot ship that dies and seemingly, possibly, JUST after the kill notification it dumps torps, sometimes from both sides. Not something I would testify in court about, though. But without a clarification of what I bolded above, I'm gonna say nope.

Edited by SkullCowboy_60

[WOLFG]
Members
31,423 posts
9,664 battles
11 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Yea, whatever if you haven't seen it with that many your blind

Yes, because you couldn't possibly be wrong, and anyone that disagrees with you is clearly deficient in some way....

No offense, but if you aren't going to provide a replay, you probably shouldn't complain, as it will just lead to you being ridiculed.

But hey, some people thrive on attention, negative or otherwise, so you just do what you need to do. 

[KSC]
Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles
13 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Big brother is telling lies, ignorance is not freedom, understanding the game mechanics 'under-the-hood' helps alleviate many such frustrations which you may experience. 

Several factors are at play which create this illusion.   A ship can fire off ordinance right as it dies, for a human player this is often too small a window of time for most to effectively do so (especially given aligning turrets/tubes etc), for a bot it is not.    Also torpedoes have a minimum time before they are displayed to an opponent, even if one has hydro up.   This time is often a lot longer than one expects.    Further torpedoes do not travel all that fast as compared to shells, even a distance of just a few kilometers can mean dozens of seconds of travel time.  

I have witnessed a ship with hydro up kill a bot who launched torps the millisecond it died, and the hydro expired right as the torp detection immunity expired, so the player got nailed by torps 20 seconds later, from torps that were near but not impossible to fire off and would hav been detected by hydro had they not been on immunity detection period.

Part of the problem is that you are only witnessing events from the perspective of one team.  If you go into a training room as a spectator, so that you can see both teams the entire time including the torps, you will notice that bots can and do fire torps mere moments before death, but not after they die.   The opposing team just can't see those torps until after the launching ship has already died.

[SS238]
Members
385 posts
35,029 battles

Bots have many magical properties that can appear and disappear from the point of view of the human player. Homing torps, "death" torps, rail gun accuracy, ridiculous fire chances, instantaneous rudder shifts, extra repair parties, disappearing citadels and many many more "magical powers" can manifest themselves at any time. This to me is the challenge of co-op. A large percentage of the time, bots are as docile and predictable as the little duckies at the shooting gallery. But then you meet one of these "tuned up" bots that can do things that you as a player cannot duplicate. Your in for a heck of a fight, and winning that fight is far from a sure thing. You may not always win, but it sure is fun when you do.

But the best part about bots is they are perfect opponents. They don't cry when they lose and they don't crow when they win. They let YOU have the fun, and that's what a game is all about.

[SALVO]
Members
6,066 posts
4,995 battles
15 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

They poop the torps just the moment they die...:cap_fainting:torps... 

Remember always altering your course after killing a bot with torps.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
3,025 battles
On 9/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, vak_ said:

Got a replay?

Why would he need a replay, just do a co-op and pay attention to torpedos from certain bot ships

Members
1,028 posts
1,424 battles
On 9/16/2020 at 10:22 AM, Compassghost said:

See this example:

JMSDF Mirai goes back in time and kills battleships with deepwater torpedoes.

I caught that ref

[WOLFG]
Members
11,211 posts
10,479 battles

Remember what you see on your screen, and what the server is actually calculating aren't always the same.

I've seen videos of torps "exploding" against the side of a ship when they haven't reached it yet.

I have received cits when it looks like none of the shells hit, and given the same.

[PVE]
Members
563 posts
10,581 battles
On 9/16/2020 at 2:10 PM, SyndicatedINC said:

Very well, you are wrong.

Seconded (8000 coop games)

[A-I-M]
Members
3,751 posts
23,926 battles
On 9/16/2020 at 1:10 PM, xHeavy said:

You're not wrong. 

I have two guns... One for each of you. - Doc Holliday Bad Ass | Meme  Generator

• Cool 1