You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
allenr

Compliments/reported ?

15 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
3,428 battles

what is this?

i got 1st place in my Haida last night and got a compliment +1, 

next game in my Cleveland i got caught in the open and obliterated by 2 Kurfurst , someone reported me for -2,

what does this do?,where are these ratings,  can i find out why/who gave me these votes?

do you get free stuff or kicked out of the game?

this weighed heavily on me last night

• Boring 2

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,659 posts
12,064 battles

They adjust your karma, which you can view by mousing over your name. They don’t do very much other than adjust the number of reports/compliments you can give in most practical cases, with the exception of chat reports which can potentially get you chat banned.

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
3 minutes ago, allenr said:

what is this?

next game in my Cleveland i got caught in the open and obliterated by 2 Kurfurst , someone reported me for -2,

what does this do?,where are these ratings,  can i find out why/who gave me these votes?

Karma is a pointless thing do not worry about it one bit. This is how crybabies blow off steam if you do not do what they feel you should be doing in your ship.

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,578 posts
4,223 battles

It is your karma, which is the little superscript next to your name in port. The only thing it affects is how many reports/compliments you can give. Other than that, it is completely meaningless. You will get reported and complimented for totally random reasons. Don't worry about it, it means absolutely nothing.

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles

It means nothing...if you do something someone doesn't like you get reported  -2..you do something someone likes +1 ..you play a carrier-2...learn to live with it....

Edited by Meta_Man

Members
7 posts
3,428 battles

ok, whew, is it the same as the reputation icon that shows under your guys names?

i've got zero reputation lol

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
10,738 posts
18,462 battles
4 minutes ago, allenr said:

ok, whew, is it the same as the reputation icon that shows under your guys names?

Now you have 1. You don't lose reputation points, they only go up.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,767 posts
5,406 battles

I don't pay attention to that.

I reported three people today in Ranked. One was a CV who just dumped his munitions into the ocean a mile in front of us at game start. Wasteful. And I think I picked up a bunch of reports as well. From a square head who thought i should not be scooping up several useful buffs. He got sunk while I picked up like half a dozen. Particularly reloads. You can hear the BB's go into automatic mode.

[WPORT]
Members
7,159 posts
12,178 battles
4 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

One was a CV who just dumped his munitions into the ocean a mile in front of us at game start. Wasteful. 

Ranked is currently Tier-10.
By now, CV players are well aware of the practice of pre-dropping ordnance before moving on to attack targets.
This is done to minimize the planes exposed to opposition AA, and, it brings planes back for servicing sooner.
The practice is good for plane/squadron management by a CV player.

It is a part of every good CV driver's repertoire and at Tier-10 should not be unfamiliar to non-CV players.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,172 posts
4,766 battles
18 minutes ago, allenr said:

It's a crowd-sourced feedback mechanism.  The crowd is telling you not to get cross-focused by two GKs.  Maybe.

It might not be something related to play.  It might be that you ignored someone in chat, or were salty.  Or was AFK for a while.  Or were driving a CV.  There's no telling what a compliment or report was actually for, and IMO that's a drawback of the karma system. 

Other than the immediate pat or rap on the head, it had no practical effect.  Don't stress about it.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,491 posts
9,777 battles
35 minutes ago, allenr said:

what is this?

1) Being reported for misbehavior in chat by multiple people can get you chat banned for a short period.

2) I've heard rumors that when someone reports you via the ticket system, WG takes into account the amount of unsportsmanlike conduct reports your account has, but no credible source has confirmed this, as far as i know.

3) WG used to claim that they would use reports for poor play to target people with in-game training, but this probably went nowhere (WoWS in-game training is absurdly bad, but this is a subject for another topic).

4) Other than that, reports and compliments do nothing, other than giving or subtracting imaginary WoWS points (which can't go below zero). It's mostly meant as a mechanism that players can use to vent their frustration, from what i can tell.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,158 posts
10,394 battles
27 minutes ago, allenr said:

Reputation is the forum based version of karma.

And has about the same value.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,518 posts
18,144 battles
1 hour ago, allenr said:

Karma is working as intended. It's only goal is to give people a way to vent that doesn't tie up WG's customer service people fielding spurious complaints. Some people like to see it improve, other's don't care. To be honest if you play certain ships or ship types you'll often times receive negative feedback just because. Playing a carrier, or Smolensk, et al angers people and they lash out occasionally. Don't worry about it. 

Oh and while there is a mod to see what other player's karma number is, there's no way to know who gave you positive or negative karma. 

Slainte. 

Funny karma Memes

Members
3,664 posts
42,437 battles
53 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Ranked is currently Tier-10.
By now, CV players are well aware of the practice of pre-dropping ordnance before moving on to attack targets.
This is done to minimize the planes exposed to opposition AA, and, it brings planes back for servicing sooner.
The practice is good for plane/squadron management by a CV player.

It is a part of every good CV driver's repertoire and at Tier-10 should not be unfamiliar to non-CV players.

In the history of CV rework, I have never predropped. That is not an intended mechanic like slingshot.

If the squadron dies attacking a ship, then it dies. That's a decision.

To conservatively drop planes off like it is some management system is ridiculous.

You are not helping WG adjust planes or the AA this way. Instead a player is manipulating the CV gameplay in a detrimental way.

If WG finds squadrons die in a strike, then they either apply heals, shorten regen time, or find something to adjust it so squadrons don't die.

This practice has done more damage to the rework than any other thing.

For those players that often wonder why their AA is not so good, well it's simple. Fighter dumps. Dumping fighters over an AA cruiser turned in numbers that basically nerfed the AA.

You all think the rework is bad and want  RTS to revert, but this practice is not helping the argument.

This will prove the opposite. WG will presume incorrectly that the AA is not significant enough. Because your bombers keep surviving.

It's not a true measure of AA performance. If you only attempt to shoot down 3-8 planes.

This also affects CV performance. Should this data show CV effectiveness, then WG might slide the damage output scale the other way.

And that recently happened with planes surviving and damage is efficient, yet losses were artificially mitigated. So what did WG do?

They reduced the AP bomber and torpedo bomber Alpha. They took away Hakuryu 4 torp drops. 

I still shake my head when I see players do this. It's a crutch because a player is basically saying: "I can't hit with a full strike."

And worse still is the perception of unlimited planes.

It's no wonder CVs are labeled bad. Because stuff like this skews the data.

Any data manipulation does affect the outcome of any balance changes.

I what group of players planned this data manipulation, because it only benefits them to hide the facts because while this might make it seem they have more planes to attack at end of the game, it also means the practice can set them up for a rude awakening.

Because I can name one such rude awakening based on abused data. IFHE nerf.

And in a few updates, as I rather humorously predicted, but was not surprised that it happened, the HE nerf with captain skills. 

This will be interesting since most players will maintain that this is " the only way to manage planes".

But if Bomber 6  from USS Enterprise went in to the Battle of Midway with 1/2 to 1/3 of the squadron because it was "dangerous", the US Navy would never win the battle.

Sure it's a video game. "Don't be ridiculous!" But what's more ridiculous? Dropping Bombers before a hit or playing the squadrons as intended.

Working as intended, Indeed.😏😑

I am very disappointed in all CV players that do this.😑

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1