You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aardvar

Sptting Aircraft Improvement

4 comments in this topic

[D-DAY]
Members
129 posts

The icon for the Spotting Aircraft in game states that the main battery firing range is extended by +20%.  So break out your calculators each time you use it.  I suggest that instead of the +20% figure, WG show the calculated value for the extended range and save us all the guesswork.  The Torpedo icon reflects the calculated changes for torpedo speed and range from various skills and upgrades so I doubt that this is a major effort.  It certainly would be nice for decision-making on using the Spotting Aircraft.  Simply placing our cursor over the icon would provide the extended range information.

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
13 minutes ago, Aardvar said:

The icon for the Spotting Aircraft in game states that the main battery firing range is extended by +20%.  So break out your calculators each time you use it.  I suggest that instead of the +20% figure, WG show the calculated value for the extended range and save us all the guesswork.  The Torpedo icon reflects the calculated changes for torpedo speed and range from various skills and upgrades so I doubt that this is a major effort.  It certainly would be nice for decision-making on using the Spotting Aircraft.  Simply placing our cursor over the icon would provide the extended range information.

Or, and I know this is a crazy idea. Just lock onto the farthest target from you that you can and you will instantly know the extra distance.

[D-DAY]
Members
129 posts

My objective is to know the additional distance PRIOR to activating the consumable.  I know it instantly when it's active from my ship's own statistics.