Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

German CV Bomber's Attack Run (And other CV suggestions)

11 comments in this topic

[EQV]
Members
126 posts
1,359 battles

Just out of curiosity why are the regular German line CV's attack run different from the premium ones. The high flying is cool and all and allows you to make tight turns for runs but I always liked the sort of swooping in and unique style of the GZ and now the other one (I can not remember it's name). I am just curious is we could get that style of attack for the tech tree line make it a thing of theirs. (Yes I am aware the bombs accuracy is terrible at least on the GZ in that form but that could be changed and buffed) Save the high flying antics for another CV line like the Italians for instance which I think could be around the corner due to the Germans working closely with them on it and them actually building more than the Germans (The  Sparviero It's kind of weird/cool looking, Aquila,  Bonfiglietti A cool looking design as well, and the Impero a CV based off of the Littorio/Roma BB's) theres looked far more interesting too unless you count the German half BB half CV designs (Honestly surprised the German CV's got in first) or maybe even a French CV line with the Bearn, Dixmude, and Arromanches. (Maybe throw in the La Fayette which was the Langley but given to the French and upgraded)

• Boring 1

[D33P6]
Members
566 posts

I have no idea why they are different compared to the GZ. 

I personally don't know if GZ is more inaccurate because I've never played the GZ but I've had some really weird drops on the Tier VIII KM CV.  Sometimes I'll have 95% of the reticle will be on the target and all the bombs land in the 5% off target.  It happens more often than you think.  The most frustrating is when the reticle is slightly wider than the target and all the bombs hit on outer most edge of the reticle.

They do let you make tight turns but it does have its disadvantage, or maybe its just annoying.  You have to almost look directly down to line up the reticle/begin the attack, taking your eyes away from dodging flak and because it can turn sharply you can over-correct before you start the drop.

[RLGN]
Members
15,184 posts
26,836 battles
1 hour ago, HeadSplit120 said:

or maybe its just annoying.

This.

Non-GZ German bomber UI is nothing except needlessly complex and annoying.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
3,664 posts
42,517 battles

The gz came out a year before the CV line did. So it's UI is different. I actually don't like GZ interface with AP bombers. The German CV tech tree line is not that bad once you get used to it. Because you can get triple citadels consistently if you hold the reticle over intended lead reference point, hit brake(S), then drop.

With GZ, you could brake, but you also flew by too fast for minor adjustments.

The overhead drop is useful to me anyway. At tier 4, I can drop trips on BBs consistently. Tier 6, gets anything at tier or tier 7. But tier 8, you have to know the thinner spots on BBs.

[WPORT]
Members
7,183 posts
12,195 battles
5 hours ago, Yesman1337 said:

Just out of curiosity why are the regular German line CV's attack run different from the premium ones. The high flying is cool and all and allows you to make tight turns for runs but I always liked the sort of swooping in and unique style of the GZ and now the other one (I can not remember it's name). I am just curious is we could get that style of attack for the tech tree line make it a thing of theirs. (Yes I am aware the bombs accuracy is terrible at least on the GZ in that form but that could be changed and buffed) Save the high flying antics for another CV line like the Italians for instance which I think could be around the corner due to the Germans working closely with them on it and them actually building more than the Germans (The  Sparviero It's kind of weird/cool looking, Aquila,  Bonfiglietti A cool looking design as well, and the Impero a CV based off of the Littorio/Roma BB's) theres looked far more interesting too unless you count the German half BB half CV designs (Honestly surprised the German CV's got in first) or maybe even a French CV line with the Bearn, Dixmude, and Arromanches. (Maybe throw in the La Fayette which was the Langley but given to the French and upgraded)

Graf Zeppelin has been in the game far longer than her tech-tree sisters (which were recently introduced during the German CV event).

Graf Zeppelin went through the transition from RTS CV play to the "re-work" version of CV play.
That is why her aiming & flying behaviors are similar to all the other CV's that were around at the same time and went through the transition. 
She's got some German flavor, but not the newer and different plane behavior of her new tech-tree sister's bomber planes.

AP Bombs were recently "globally nerfed" for all CV's that use them.  

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
899 posts
7,074 battles

I like the style of the bombers though. 4 German carriers do it this way, the premium should change to it and save that swoop thing for the italians

[WPORT]
Members
7,183 posts
12,195 battles

I have the Graf Zeppelin and like the aircraft behavior "as is".  So changes are not welcome (especially the recent *global nerf* to the AP bomb damage).

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,104 posts
6,077 battles

GZ has become garbage overall. The bombers are too troll and the rockets are just...anemic. 

Members
428 posts
16,891 battles

There is also an argument to be made that the Zeppelin drops are more versatile/“expert” since early drops in the attack run hit decks while late drops will hit the side of enemies - meaning a premium sort of experience. At this point it doesn’t matter because the bombs do minimal damage and the dispersion means you won’t hit what you’re aiming for anyways...

The Lowenhardt attacks very similarly to tech tree bombers, just from a lower altitude and with a nice tiny circular dispersion.

Personally, I find the tech tree approach to be vastly easier to use, even after ~1250 games in the Zeppelin. I’m not sure why you’d want to make things an order of magnitude harder on yourself.

Edited by Telastyn

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,310 posts
6,404 battles
13 hours ago, Yesman1337 said:

Oink! I agree with you... I expected to have them all the same, I'm starting now the Richtofen. And you are right, that new dive style could have been Italian... Next steps are probably the TX Premium CVs, USN Roosevelt coming, RN, IJN and KM after, think KM will be the Graf von Goltz (Hitler's favorite design). After this, we'll have the Soviet CVs, I know TX Premium "Iosif Stalin" will carry jet planes. Then the some Vichy and Italian stuff. Goltz!!! 

Edited by franz_von_goltz

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
13 hours ago, Yesman1337 said:

To be honest, you would think that since the Graf Zep is kind of a trainer for the other German CVs, that it should use the same attack animations.  I know it is really hard to transitions from a normal CV (any other nations CV) to a German CV in the first place, then to add different attack animation within the German CV line, well it seems over the top.

To be honest though, I have a lot of issue with CV attack animations though, not just the German.

For the Germans, the DB crosshair sucks because you have to look start down at it which means often when your approaching your target, to look at how your cross hairs are lining up, you end up losing site of the ship your lining up to attack which defeats the purpose.   It just seem that you need an arrow or something that you can see from a normal perspective so you can line up on the target with out losing all situational awareness of where the target is like you have to do now.

Also for rocket planes in general, they really need to fix the way the cross hair jumps way the hell out there when you go over islands and terrain.  There is nothing more frustrating than lining up your crosshair, starting your attack run over a piece of land and then suddenly your planes climb up drastically and dramatically tossing the cross hair out like 10 km past the target and never recovering enough to actually engage the target.  I get that they are supposed to be a low run but lets be honest, there is NOTHING that should prevent these planes from firing down at a steep angle if that is what is required for them to get the shot off.  I can't count the number of times my attack has been spoiled because of a small bump in the land I was crossing with my planes.  

Sign in to follow this