Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bismarck1983

Hope everyone is haveing a great day!

8 comments in this topic

[LOS]
Alpha Tester
115 posts
6,459 battles

Hello everyone! My name is Bismarck, i dont know if you seen me in battles before and i have noticed a bunch of toxic chat in games. I recently found a whole new outlook on life recently and its been a huge plus for me. In the games i join and play in i noticed after telling an enemy that sank me "good job!" "Hey man you did great" "What a great shot you really butchered me, congrats!"  It has made a few people feel uneasy, even got response's from some people
"Your overwhelming positiveness is disturbing and you make me feel uncomfortable" "You are too happy for this game" "get bent" lol
One person even told me after i said "Wow what an awesome shot, ya got me. +1 for being a worthy adversary" someone said they reported me 4 times for..karma trading? lol

Who would have thought just being genuinely  nice would cause so much discomfort. But its all good because i mean well. I just figured i would share this and hope everyone has a great day and wonderful battles ahead of them!

See you all around!
Best regards
Bismarck1983

• Cool 6

Alpha Tester
1,152 posts
1,306 battles

That's great that you've found a new outlook and you're trying to spread a bit of kindness to people in small ways. I can be a bit of a salty sailor myself but I can still appreciate it when people are being overwhelmingly positive. 

Have a good one and smooth sailing to you. 

[SALVO]
Members
5,990 posts
4,946 battles

Being a very sarcastic person myself, I think maybe your commentaries are either being read as a form of sarcasm or you are perceived as too much of a Flanders goody goody type for us old grognards. It is good you have a positive attitude and want to share it with other and inject it into the game, but have some patience and knowledge about your counterparts, many of us are just coarse and not really big into the pleasantries and polite talking. For some of us is perfectly correct to tell a friend to "get bent", we grew up on "toughen up" and "grow a thick skin" as parameters for male bondage so maybe we are not very used to "softer" interactions. 

See you around and have fun, don't let us grumpy guys drag you down.

• Cool 1

[LOS]
Alpha Tester
115 posts
6,459 battles

Well things changed since my  PTSD flashback from afghan. dont get me wrong, large groups still bother me as do people but talking to my docs and va groups something feels lifted.

Members
162 posts
10,946 battles

Bartender, I'll have what he's having.

Damnit, sorry about the ptsd, and the bad joke. Thanks for serving.

Edited by StudebacherHoch
Stoned and stupid.

[PVE]
Members
7,284 posts
23,174 battles
1 hour ago, Bismarck1983 said:

Hello everyone! My name is Bismarck, i dont know if you seen me in battles before and i have noticed a bunch of toxic chat in games. I recently found a whole new outlook on life recently and its been a huge plus for me. In the games i join and play in i noticed after telling an enemy that sank me "good job!" "Hey man you did great" "What a great shot you really butchered me, congrats!"  It has made a few people feel uneasy, even got response's from some people
"Your overwhelming positiveness is disturbing and you make me feel uncomfortable" "You are too happy for this game" "get bent" lol
One person even told me after i said "Wow what an awesome shot, ya got me. +1 for being a worthy adversary" someone said they reported me 4 times for..karma trading? lol

Who would have thought just being genuinely  nice would cause so much discomfort. But its all good because i mean well. I just figured i would share this and hope everyone has a great day and wonderful battles ahead of them!

See you all around!
Best regards
Bismarck1983

Take solace in the fact that person wasted 3 of his reports because only the 1st one (compliment or report) towards the same person registers.

+1 for understanding what the "worthy adversary" compliment is intended for...most are so salty they think it's a sarcastic derogatory option that they think is down voting a person instead of up voting them...lol.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,284 posts
23,174 battles
21 hours ago, Bismarck1983 said:

reported me for..emoji trading?

I hope you didn't give me that "cool" notification... I'd hate for somebody to report us for...notification trading?

Sign in to follow this