You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dagger1013

So where's California and Champagne?

11 comments in this topic

[LSNB]
Members
200 posts
6,349 battles

P. Pagration, Ochakov, and Mainz were added relatively quickly back to the armory for doubloons and the premium store for cash. But it's been almost 2 month and Champagne is still MIA. California too, but there was admittedly less of a time difference between when the bundles for her were pulled. So where'd they go?

I'm not even interested in either, but I do want to pick up Florida with my 25% doubloon coupon, and this extended period of ships being unavailable is concerning me.

[PMWC1]
Members
212 posts
6,990 battles

California is in the armory as is Z-35 which is also a newer ship.  Champagne is the outlier though.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,365 posts
26,916 battles

Some ships take a lot longer to get into the armory.  I suspect that these will not be seen until the Christmas crates.

[BUOY]
Members
1,134 posts
15,649 battles

Champagne didn't sell well so WG is going the Artificial Scarcity route to juice sales when they finally do rerelease her.

CA as stated is in the armory for dubs.

Also, you won't be able to use your dubs coupon for Florida when she's initially released, only when she comes back to the armory.

Edited by lloyd1701

[LSNB]
Members
200 posts
6,349 battles
1 hour ago, lloyd1701 said:

Also, you won't be able to use your dubs coupon for Florida when she's initially released, only when she comes back to the armory.

Yeah, that's why I'm concerned they'll pull a Champagne on her. It seems like most every has written off Florida after the nerfs, but 12 guns with super cruiser accuracy is still attractive to me. 

[BUOY]
Members
1,134 posts
15,649 battles
2 minutes ago, dagger1013 said:

Yeah, that's why I'm concerned they'll pull a Champagne on her. It seems like most every has written off Florida after the nerfs, but 12 guns with super cruiser accuracy is still attractive to me. 

If she sells well on her initial outing (i.e. they actually make her part of the USN BB split like the Bag/Ock) I'd guess she'd be back relatively quickly. But still that's the risk of skipping the initial offer.

[PHD]
Members
1,749 posts
7,142 battles
2 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

Champagne didn't sell well so WG is going the Artificial Scarcity route to juice sales when they finally do rerelease her.

CA as stated is in the armory for dubs.

The Champagne seemed to be a sit far away and snipe ship. Some said boring. . I thought about it but am just not much of a BB person. 

The Strasbourg might be interesting too. But it seems to another gimmick dependant ship.

But it has to be released for us to find out. Or more to the point, see what LWM  thinks.

But speaking of gimmick ships, I am waiting to see what transpires with Kitakami and Tone. Those two are already attractive to many "just because ".

Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles

If Gascogne wasn't already a ship or if Champagne had more flavor in her, she may have done better. Like a reload booster, Missouri levels of economy or improved Anshan like Free EXP gains. As it stands a plain old glass cannon forced to hang with Zaos and Yoshinos wasn't people's idea of fun.  

California can be bought from the armory though. 

[--V--]
Members
1,466 posts
13,793 battles

Unless you want California for historical reasons, save your money.  Most of my battles in her have been T9 which is hilarious.  WG did a wonderful job of @#@^ing all over a wonderful ship that could've been.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,198 posts
18,895 battles
On 9/16/2020 at 9:00 AM, SeaborneSumo said:

Unless you want California for historical reasons, save your money.  Most of my battles in her have been T9 which is hilarious.  WG did a wonderful job of @#@^ing all over a wonderful ship that could've been.

I find she works very well in the T9 fight for being a T7.  

Most T9 matches evolve much slower than T7 fair.  California tends to work well at a slower pace.  She works very well in the mid to long range attrition battle, which occurs more at T9 than T7.  Her range is fantastic, opening up lots of cross map opportunities, which somewhat mitigates her 14 inch limitations.

Granted, she is a T7 in a T9 fight, so don't expect to carry.  But she can perform at the same level or often better than the MM's T7 she is matched against.  In that respect, in close games where the T8/T9 players are somewhat balanced, you can push the team over the win line.