Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cecill611

ACHIEVEMENTS

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

363
[PVE]
Members
1,469 posts
41,406 battles

With bots being added to random games now and random players getting achievements and bragging about it, is it time for them achievements to be put in coop?  @Hapa_Fodder

For me I think the random achievements should stay in random but with bots being put in random it is time to put the 2 old achievements back in coop.

  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,506
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,541 posts
14,842 battles
14 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

With bots being added to random games now and random players getting achievements and bragging about it, is it time for them achievements to be put in coop?  @Hapa_Fodder

For me I think the random achievements should stay in random but with bots being put in random it is time to put the 2 old achievements back in coop.

I always thought that co-op should have its own set of achievements, such as say "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" for killing the entire bot team, and the bots in randoms are rare enough except outside of prime time and in the lowest tiers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
363
[PVE]
Members
1,469 posts
41,406 battles

19344790_Screenshot(457).thumb.png.84abe35d611210da74cca1f22981d464.png

When I  see post like this for killing bots in random and I can`t get no achievements in  coop something is wrong. 

Edited by cecill611

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,598
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,917 posts
25,163 battles
45 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

19344790_Screenshot(457).thumb.png.84abe35d611210da74cca1f22981d464.png

When I  see post like this for killing bots in random and I can`t get no achievements in  coop something is wrong. 

Since it's still under Random Battles, the stats count towards their PVP performance, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
493
[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,191 posts
11,120 battles

I got all 10 before the mercy rule kicked in

 

Needles to say, this game was enough to unlock the next tier

 

shot-20_08.27_21_39.32-0752.thumb.jpg.a027f6a794daa946d5576f652fdb03ca.jpg

 

The new player experience on 'other' servers can be fun and rewarding.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133
[PVE]
Members
7,341 posts
23,226 battles
3 hours ago, cecill611 said:

@Hapa_Fodder 

put the 2 old achievements back in coop.

Which 2 achievements used to be in co-op?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,274
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,570 posts
24,842 battles
29 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Which 2 achievements used to be in co-op?

There were a couple of achievements you could get for some events they have had over the years. I don't recall what they were called but they were always limited time. As far as I know, those were the only ones ever available in pure co-op. There are some you can get for Operations but for normal co-op, they were always tied to an event. There may be some "achievements" you can get like for researching so many ships or earning so many credits but unsure if they count towards what we normally think of as achievements. You get lots of those when you first start the game but eventually you finish them up. They are listed in your awards/medals in your profile IIRC. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133
[PVE]
Members
7,341 posts
23,226 battles
21 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

There were a couple of achievements you could get for some events they have had over the years. I don't recall what they were called but they were always limited time. As far as I know, those were the only ones ever available in pure co-op. There are some you can get for Operations but for normal co-op, they were always tied to an event. There may be some "achievements" you can get like for researching so many ships or earning so many credits but unsure if they count towards what we normally think of as achievements. You get lots of those when you first start the game but eventually you finish them up. They are listed in your awards/medals in your profile IIRC. 

1 I do remember there was the "4 goal haul" for killing 4 ships during Ovechkin event but w/cecill's game count I was wondering if there was some back in the day before my time he might have been referring to.

But now that I think about it there wasn't any bones thrown to co-op back when I started so I'm now assuming he is referring to the event 1s also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,757
[WORX]
Members
12,075 posts
19,535 battles

Nope, Bots in Random are used in last resort situations. Its still Random...

Devs have made it clear, Co-op will not have nor will it even be the same as Randoms. This include achievements that add benefits when activated.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,274
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,570 posts
24,842 battles
49 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

1 I do remember there was the "4 goal haul" for killing 4 ships during Ovechkin event but w/cecill's game count I was wondering if there was some back in the day before my time he might have been referring to.

But now that I think about it there wasn't any bones thrown to co-op back when I started so I'm now assuming he is referring to the event 1s also.

There were a couple of other events, one I can kind of remember had an entire set of achievements you could get. I don't remember all their names but one had "toaster" in it. I think there is a collection associated with that same event too. Another one had a whole set of weird achievements that you could farm no matter what mode you played. There was one associated with giving karma and one associated with getting karma too. There were like a dozen achievements kind of like that you could get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133
[PVE]
Members
7,341 posts
23,226 battles
12 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

There were a couple of other events, one I can kind of remember had an entire set of achievements you could get. I don't remember all their names but one had "toaster" in it. I think there is a collection associated with that same event too. Another one had a whole set of weird achievements that you could farm no matter what mode you played. There was one associated with giving karma and one associated with getting karma too. There were like a dozen achievements kind of like that you could get. 

Yeah I remember them...1 of them were a set of hidden achievements we had to get them to discover what they were. They're listed in your achievements & all had a similar color so you could look them up if you want to help you remember them.

Eventually they were all sussed out & posted on the forum & in the posts on the web page so everybody had the chance to work on them individually to get them all before the event ended.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
939
[CO-OP]
Members
2,365 posts
26,916 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Which 2 achievements used to be in co-op?

 

1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

There were a couple of achievements you could get for some events they have had over the years. I don't recall what they were called but they were always limited time. As far as I know, those were the only ones ever available in pure co-op. There are some you can get for Operations but for normal co-op, they were always tied to an event. There may be some "achievements" you can get like for researching so many ships or earning so many credits but unsure if they count towards what we normally think of as achievements. You get lots of those when you first start the game but eventually you finish them up. They are listed in your awards/medals in your profile IIRC. 

 

In addition to the Ovechkin "four-goal" haul, there were a couple of anniversary achievements 3 years ago:

Icon_achievement_BD2_HW2016.png
Foes Way Past Their Prime

Destroy 2+ enemy ships while in St. Louis, Wakatake, or Nassau in a single Co-Op Battle.
Icon_achievement_BD2_PVE.png
Eat It, Toaster!

Destroy 2+ enemy ships in a Tier V-VI ship in a single Co-Op Battle.
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,274
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,570 posts
24,842 battles

Those are the ones I am thinking of Khaos & Hampton. Thanks! It is funny how your mind works as you get old. I have a hard time remembering stuff like this yet can clearly remember my best friend from kindergarten in the 60's...... 

Speaking of old, where is AdmiralThunder? Haven't seen him online in a while now, am getting worried...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,200
[DVYJC]
Members
3,689 posts
8,888 battles
6 hours ago, cecill611 said:

With bots being added to random games now and random players getting achievements and bragging about it, is it time for them achievements to be put in coop?  @Hapa_Fodder

For me I think the random achievements should stay in random but with bots being put in random it is time to put the 2 old achievements back in coop.

I think the current system is a fair trade. You can get achievements in Randoms at Tier IV and below while fighting teams partially comprised of bots.

On the other hand, playing Tier IV and below counts for no progress on anything in-game except the Five Epochs of Navy campaign and whatever tech tree ship, if any, you are grinding; and you have the most cancerous and toxic CV meta with double Tier IV CV battles being the most common occurrence against your Tier III and IV non-AA. 

So the way I see it, the achievements are a small recompense for the most toxic and least fun gameplay in WOWs.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
342
[PHD]
Members
1,749 posts
7,142 battles
7 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I always thought that co-op should have its own set of achievements, such as say "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" for killing the entire bot team, and the bots in randoms are rare enough except outside of prime time and in the lowest tiers.

I got the four ship haul achievement a year or two ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[PVE]
Members
504 posts
19,217 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Nope, Bots in Random are used in last resort situations. Its still Random...

Devs have made it clear, Co-op will not have nor will it even be the same as Randoms. This include achievements that add benefits when activated.

Ya... the same bunch said there would never be Subs in the game..

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
668
[CO-OP]
Members
1,862 posts
26,733 battles

Mikasa in Randoms... well 4 humans and a passel of bots.

856261207_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_09.16-07_14_01_99.thumb.png.76ad5c4c8a1ae6a1b455b179c07345d5.png75497498_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_09.16-07_14_07_11.thumb.png.c84e12e202fadbbfe56359a1879aa15a.png1879176177_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_09.16-07_14_11_95.thumb.png.ecfd9f0d10009c9752d7678972b1dc22.png362615141_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_09.16-07_14_19_96.thumb.png.fde9ea422154f635ac6852725cbfe565.png

Loaded up with signals, 20k ECXP.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,757
[WORX]
Members
12,075 posts
19,535 battles
26 minutes ago, commando_brian said:

Ya... the same bunch said there would never be Subs in the game..

The Flagship game mode is Random, about %90 of the player base click on Random in their playing sessions. They have pointed out, its not a good idea to split the population with Game mods that resemble one or the other.

I would also point out, WOWS population is not maintaining. I just do not see, any benefit to having achievements on Co-op. It just dont fit with, its current purpose to the game...

They might try to make it fit. Examples of this were

  • Cpt skill change
  • AA change
  • CV rework
  • IFHE changes
  • Flood changes to appease the BBs
  • Subs
  • Human fired Secondaries.

IF they do that, then I can say add another cut to a vein.. Are we at a thousand cuts yet ?

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,506
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,541 posts
14,842 battles
12 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I got the four ship haul achievement a year or two ago. 

O got it too but that was temporary.

7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

The Flagship game mode is Random, about %90 of the player base click on Random in their playing sessions. They have pointed out, its not a good idea to split the population with Game mods that resemble one or the other.

I would also point out, WOWS population is not maintaining. I just do not see, any benefit to having achievements on Co-op. It just dont fit with, its current purpose to the game...

They might try to make it fit. Examples of this were

  • Cpt skill change
  • AA change
  • CV rework
  • IFHE changes
  • Flood changes to appease the BBs
  • Subs
  • Human fired Secondaries.

IF they do that, then I can say add another cut to a vein.. Are we at a thousand cuts yet ?

From what I have seen it is only the RU server that is losing population and the others are holding or slowly gaining which does explain a lot of what the developers have done in recent patches. We have a core of people that play co-op and nothing else even without achievements and having some co-op centric ones would do no harm to the random players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,757
[WORX]
Members
12,075 posts
19,535 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

From what I have seen it is only the RU server that is losing population

Think of it this way Wolfy,  from patch 0.8.0 till now, the drop is steady... From 16k to just over the range of 9k to 12k in the NA server.

Of that number, divided by two for the number of possible alts used by one user.. You get a true census of the current human population of NA server, It has maintained steady between 9k and 10k range thus far.

No matter how you see it, its a 5k dip in the population.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
72
[WOLFC]
Members
175 posts
17,231 battles

I play this game a lot, spend a lot of money on it and enjoy it.

But if continuing to develop this game means forcing some kind of artificial subservience on PVE modes to maintain PVP'ers illusion that they're elite solely by their game mode selection, then I say to WG: "Let it die."

You don't have to play Randoms to see the massive bulk of clueless nitwits who play that mode. You just need to watch enough content creators on YT. Their games all feature an abundance of oblivious, unskilled and irrational players doing their thing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[D_S]
Members
5 posts
On 9/15/2020 at 6:53 PM, cecill611 said:

With bots being added to random games now and random players getting achievements and bragging about it, is it time for them achievements to be put in coop?  @Hapa_Fodder

For me I think the random achievements should stay in random but with bots being put in random it is time to put the 2 old achievements back in coop.

^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       THIS  @Hapa_Fodder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,464
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,323 posts
14,736 battles

Bots have been added to Random Battles up to tier V PURELY due to MM being unable to make a 12 v 12 battle. So if server pop is low or the amount of players in queue are low from tier I-V, (And since MM tries to do MORE at tier battles).

This does is NOT as frequent as you may think. (With the exception of if you take a tier I-II ship into battle regularly)

It is purely for that reason. This will have no bearing on achievements in Coop as of right now.

-Hapa

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×