Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

If you missed the KOTs mission code Sunday you are toast

101 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,942 posts
15,579 battles

So it seems that anyone who spent so much time and effort to get the last round of KOTS containers but was away this weekend to grab the KOTS mission code is basically screwed as they won't be able to complete the collection.  That's right folks, if you had something urgent or family event, well , to bad for you, you just wasted your time. It's becoming a common theme. 

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,025
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,362 posts
6,323 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So it seems that anyone who spent so much time and effort to get the last round of KOS containers but was away this weekend to grab the KOS mission code is basically screwed as they won't be able to complete the collection.  That's right folks, if you had something urgent or family event, well , to bad for you, you just wasted your time. It's becoming a common theme. 

Isn't this a permanent collection?   I was wondering this myself?    i would assume that containers will be available in future KOTS events.  I can't imagine with the popularity of this one, there will not be more.  I suppose if WG stops handing them out we are screwed.. but not sure why they would do that.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,942 posts
15,579 battles
Just now, iRA6E said:

Isn't this a permanent collection?   I was wondering this myself?    i would assume that containers will be available in future KOTS events.  I can't imagine with the popularity of this one, there will not be more.  I suppose if WG stops handing them out we are screwed.. but not sure why they would do that.   

To finish the collection you need both KOS missions ( button and code from the weekend) plus the last two from the tournament live stream. As far as I am aware there will be no more KOS containers so if you missed Sunday's code you are SOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,189 posts
10,616 battles
1 minute ago, iRA6E said:

Isn't this a permanent collection?   I was wondering this myself?    i would assume that containers will be available in future KOTS events.  I can't imagine with the popularity of this one, there will not be more.  I suppose if WG stops handing them out we are screwed.. but not sure why they would do that.   

During one of the finals streams last time, WG said that the collection will be permanent and each season (as long as it runs and WG supports it) will have a maximum of eight containers you can earn. So anyone who’s interested can complete the collection and get the ship crate, it just may take you an extra season or two compared to someone who got all the available crates. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[HDR]
Beta Testers
313 posts
7,285 battles
2 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

During one of the finals streams last time, WG said that the collection will be permanent and each season (as long as it runs and WG supports it) will have a maximum of eight containers you can earn. So anyone who’s interested can complete the collection and get the ship crate, it just may take you an extra season or two compared to someone who got all the available crates. 

I think I remember this too .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,643
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,041 posts
9,108 battles

Collection is permanent.

Also, do people realize that you can still get duplicates? Its very unlikely you'd finish it this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
236 posts
26,626 battles
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

Collection is permanent.

Also, do people realize that you can still get duplicates? Its very unlikely you'd finish it this time around.

Duplicates can be exchanged 1:1, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,715
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,278 posts
4,620 battles
33 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

To finish the collection you need both KOS missions ( button and code from the weekend) plus the last two from the tournament live stream. As far as I am aware there will be no more KOS containers so if you missed Sunday's code you are SOL.

A lot of assumptions there, Stinky. 

have-some-faith-baby-and-knock-it-off-with-those-negative-waves.thumb.jpg.277e99a6f9ef0c69266fafd976354111.jpg

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,715
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,278 posts
4,620 battles
18 minutes ago, BoraHorzaGobuchul said:

Duplicates can be exchanged 1:1, I think.

Yep.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,025
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,362 posts
6,323 battles
47 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

To finish the collection you need both KOS missions ( button and code from the weekend) plus the last two from the tournament live stream. As far as I am aware there will be no more KOS containers so if you missed Sunday's code you are SOL.

I think you will only be screwed from getting it completed during this event... There will be future KOTS and apparently WG will keep awarding KOTS containers.  No need for panic.. just patience.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,942 posts
15,579 battles
18 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

A lot of assumptions there, Stinky. 

have-some-faith-baby-and-knock-it-off-with-those-negative-waves.thumb.jpg.277e99a6f9ef0c69266fafd976354111.jpg

 

No assumptions. It's directly from WG. From several months back and from recent https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/kots-11-bump/ . Where did it ever say there will be more KOS missions in the future? 

Total needed: 16

First set of containers = 8
Daily container = 1
Button mission = 3 
Bonus Code mission = 2 
Final KOS Stream drops = 2 
____________________________
Total 16 


 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[EGEA]
Members
68 posts
6,751 battles

I didn’t get all the ones from the prior KOTS, so I presume I’m unable to finish the collection unless there are more KOTS seasons.

I also have incomplete “ship building” collection and some I apparently totally missed during a previous long hiatus.

Edited by Spirit_of_76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,451
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,161 posts

This thread title should be changed as it is misinformation.  The KOTS missions are ongoing with every KOTS season.  It's a collection that you can complete over time, as long as KOTS keeps being a thing.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[ANZ4C]
Members
88 posts
6,519 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So it seems that anyone who spent so much time and effort to get the last round of KOS containers but was away this weekend to grab the KOS mission code is basically screwed as they won't be able to complete the collection.  That's right folks, if you had something urgent or family event, well , to bad for you, you just wasted your time. It's becoming a common theme. 

So just finish it next time KOTS is on ffs......... learn patience, young fearmongerer. This thread is unnecessary, and just plain old misinformation.

Can someone tag a mod to close this? The sooner this thread is gone, the better for everyone.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
350
[B808]
Members
1,212 posts
7,280 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So it seems that anyone who spent so much time and effort to get the last round of KOS containers but was away this weekend to grab the KOS mission code is basically screwed as they won't be able to complete the collection.  That's right folks, if you had something urgent or family event, well , to bad for you, you just wasted your time. It's becoming a common theme. 

Ya and I didn't play for 2 days and they still took my premium time so what's your point ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[ANZ4C]
Members
88 posts
6,519 battles
1 minute ago, khorender_1 said:

Ya and I didn't play for 2 days and they still took my premium time so what's your point ?

he has none, the containers will be available during EVERY KOTS tournament. He's just being impatient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,942 posts
15,579 battles
10 minutes ago, GetSchwifty01 said:

So just finish it next time KOTS is on ffs......... learn patience, young fearmongerer. This thread is unnecessary, and just plain old misinformation.

Can someone tag a mod to close this? The sooner this thread is gone, the better for everyone.


The original KOTS post on WOWS said that we will be able to collect the containers in two stages. 1) Several months ago for 8 containers and 2) the upcoming KOTS event (this one ) for the final 8 containers.

So FFS  just show us where they say that we can finish the collection in future (other than this one) KOTS ???  So far I don't know of any and if there were why wouldn't they just include that information in the recent announcement?  

Instead of closing this pots why don't you post a screenshot of what you are claiming?   
 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,942 posts
15,579 battles
15 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Ya and I didn't play for 2 days and they still took my premium time so what's your point ?

I believe I had a point and you actually don't.  Your premium days are totally unrelated. How about we include my cat in the conversation?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,715
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,278 posts
4,620 battles
27 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

No assumptions.

Unless you have true foresight, you are *assuming* that there won't be another KotS tournament, or, even were there none, no other chance to complete the collection.  (A double assumption!)

While for me to state that there "will" be a future tournament would also be an assumption, my assumption would have a far better chance of coming true than yours.  So there.  :Smile_bajan2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,942 posts
15,579 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

Unless you have true foresight, you are *assuming* that there won't be another KotS tournament, or, even were there none, no other chance to complete the collection.  (A double assumption!)

While for me to state that there "will" be a future tournament would also be an assumption, my assumption would have a far better chance of coming true than yours.  So there.  :Smile_bajan2:

There's nothing that I have read saying that we could complete the collection beyond this tournament. From their news release earlier in the year the collection could be completed via these two tournaments. If you have a screenshot of something that says otherwise please post it for all to see. 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,451
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,161 posts
8 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:


The original KOTS post on WOWS said that we will be able to collect the containers in two stages. 1) Several months ago for 8 containers and 2) the upcoming KOTS event (this one ) for the final 8 containers.

So FFS  just show us where they say that we can finish the collection in future (other than this one) KOTS ???  So far I don't know of any and if there were why wouldn't they just include that information in the recent announcement?  

Instead of closing this pots why don't you post a screenshot of what you are claiming?   
 

 

@Hapa_Fodder

Would you mind making an official statement here so people don't start needlessly freaking out that WG has made an unfinishable collection?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,715
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,278 posts
4,620 battles
5 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

From their news release earlier in the year the collection could be completed via these two tournaments.

It *can* be completed via these two tournaments.  If you have something that says it can be completed only through these two tournaments, we'd like to see it.  (Well, I would, since I won't be completing it this month either.)

 

 

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,451
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,161 posts
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

It *can* be completed via these two tournaments.  If you have something that says it can be completed only through these two tournaments, we'd like to see it.  (Well, I would.)

Even if there is never another KOTS, WG usually, eventually, makes event crates available in the armory for players who need to finish them up.

I am not near done with this collection but I have no concerns that I won't eventually get it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×