You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skpstr

Just Venting

42 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
31,423 posts
9,664 battles

Worst session I can ever remember.

Nothing to do with the teams, it just seems that almost every single time, just as I'm about to fire, the target disappears, or the island I'm going to fire over gets 2 feet higher just as I click the button. That kind of thing.

I even had a tight RNG grouping miss a perfectly broadside shot, because the target collided with an unspotted friendly while the shells were in flight.

I've since gone on to burn my lunch, whack my toe on the coffee table leg, and fumbled the utensil rack taking it out of the dishwasher, scattering clean cutlery all over the floor.

I think I'll just go back to bed lol.

• Funny 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

just as I'm about to fire, the target disappears

This infuriates me to no end.  Then you scan away to look for other targets...it pops back up, once your shot is about to be lined up disappears again.

I've long since just started firing anyway.  I've gotten a number of surprise citadels.  Considering the ship wasnt "targeted" when I fired.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,252 posts
4,766 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You should take the time to make the kitchen floor clean enough for the Five Second Rule.

• Funny 2

Members
3,669 posts
42,672 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Nothing to do with the teams, it just seems that almost every single time, just as I'm about to fire, the target disappears, or the island I'm going to fire over gets 2 feet higher just as I click the button. That kind of thing.

I even had a tight RNG grouping miss a perfectly broadside shot, because the target collided with an unspotted friendly while the shells were in flight.

I've since gone on to burn my lunch, whack my toe on the coffee table leg, and fumbled the utensil rack taking it out of the dishwasher, scattering clean cutlery all over the floor.

Darnnnnn. You need a hug really bad.

I have had some bad days. At least you don't fall asleep playing the game because working days for the first time in 14 years makes you realize you have turned into a vampire.

I am trying to adjust, but the sun is killing me slowly. 

Try screaming..Serenity Now!

Take a deep breath...

Force choke a box of Twinkies....(personal favorite)

Send the Death Star 3 to Endor and get those pesky Ewoks once and for all..(When I get really angry.)

Use a Rain app....(shameless plug).

Unleash the Kraken...(twice a day if you eat fiber).

But whatever you do, please avoid throwing the pets. They might be laughing at you when you lose your mind and go mad Vader. But they are supportive. Except that time they got your card number and ordered 6 tuna melts from grubhub.

Everyone has a bad day or 3. Sometimes days would seem like years 😏.

Just blame it all on 2020. The very, very, late apocalypse.

It will get better. Maybe next year 🤔.

But just in case, sacrifice a 🐐 or a 🐔. It might get rid of the bad luck.😱

Rumor has it that if you play Hank Williams backwards, you get a better job, the significant other forgives you, all your body aches go away, and RTS CVs return. 

But if you don't like country music, just ask Ozzy to eat a bat. That seems to work I hear. Just don't let Sharon find out. She will sooo get cross.

To improve the game, well WG is still trying on a patch. Unfortunately, the patch is the size of Jupiter.

They need more time! LOL 😂

• Haha 3

Members
3,669 posts
42,672 battles
15 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

This infuriates me to no end.  Then you scan away to look for other targets...it pops back up, once your shot is about to be lined up disappears again.

I've long since just started firing anyway.  I've gotten a number of surprise citadels.  Considering the ship wasnt "targeted" when I fired.

I hear the bots have a Romulan cloaking device.

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
19 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Yeah, go back to bed before anything else happens.

888543616_gotobed.gif.0784afbc84f17b578ee66a0c891d9f14.gif

• Funny 1

[46856]
Members
1,882 posts
54 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

This day will pass and then somewhere over the rainbow a Kraken is waiting for you. Mind you given RNG that may not mean you get the Kraken but you could be part of contributing to someone else's Kraken.

[SALVO]
Members
6,066 posts
4,995 battles

Holly molly, I've seen it all today... zen master @Skpstr losing his Wa

There are days like that bro.

1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

just as I'm about to fire, the target disappears

take the shot anyway. On the flip side, the guy won't expect it and won't dodge

[WOLF2]
Members
1,654 posts
11,789 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

it just seems that almost every single time, just as I'm about to fire, the target disappears

Story of my life.... but RNGesus mocks me further.

Several games today - ship moving to broadside me... disappears.  

Meh... I'll switch targets.    Original red ship reappears, fully broadside, but my guns aren't pointed there.     Realign guns.... ready to fire... and he disappears again.

Fool me once, fool me twice...    RNGesus laughs :Smile_sceptic:

• Haha 1

[46856]
Members
1,882 posts
Just now, DiddleDum said:

Story of my life.... but RNGesus mocks me further.

Several games today - ship moving to broadside me... disappears.  

Meh... I'll switch targets.    Original red ship reappears, fully broadside, but my guns aren't pointed there.     Realign guns.... ready to fire... and he disappears again.

Fool me once, fool me twice...    RNGesus laughs :Smile_sceptic:

With his luck it'll just ricochet back do damage to himself and turn him pink on himself.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,196 posts
18,893 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I was so disgusted, I decided to take two shots of whisky.

Fixed it for ya.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

No offense op but I’m glad I’m not the only one.

I’m trying desperately not to take the losses personally- I mean there are always things I reflect on... no matter how lob sided the battle is I always feel like there is something I could have done to have more of an impact on “my piece” of the loss... 

Whats worse is the battles start off really well... team got caps and start out a couple ships ahead. Then I lock horns with someone for 2 minutes and by the time I come back up for air we’re 4 ships down and losing caps we apparently threw all our ships away to take.

okay it can’t be that bad. I grab my Gascogne that I have a 71% solo win rate in 60 battles or so... not a great sample size but inexplicably I’ve done well enough in it to pull it out when times are dire... another 3 straight losses. What’s worse is I’ve apparently forgotten how to aim and I also seem to be drawn towards target ships that fade in and out.

I know it’s just the spotting mechanic... but man it feels like it’s my turn to endure the Wrath of all the wg mechanics.

I’m trying to make a comeback but I don’t think that the game is too happy about it.

those two shots of whiskey sound divine right now.  

Edited by _ENO_

[ARGSY]
Members
22,482 posts
16,362 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

So it's not just the game then. :Smile_trollface:

[WOLFG]
Members
31,423 posts
9,664 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

You should take the time to make the kitchen floor clean enough for the Five Second Rule.

Lol it usually is, but I do everything from the top down, so the floor is last....

TBH, if nobody knew I did it, I'd have just shined everything on my shirt, but my daughter saw me, and she could have narced me out to my wife. 

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,252 posts
4,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Lol it usually is, but I do everything from the top down, so the floor is last....

:cap_old:  Yeah, that's the way.  This place needs its deck swabbed, but stuff higher up needs work first.  Plus, it looks clean and then I put on my glasses...

[WOLFG]
Members
31,423 posts
9,664 battles
2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

crew-of-serenity-firefly-t-shirt-textual

What-if-Firefly-Was-Cast-Today-Full-Cast

493338e5d05b54997188c854695eeebf.jpg

Can I have it with that German 20mm flak gun they mounted on it that one episode lol?

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,252 posts
4,766 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Can I have it with that German 20mm flak gun they mounted on it that one episode lol?

That was in the movie, 'Serenity'.

Joss rubbing it in Fox's face, too.  "Someday, preacher, you'll have to tell be how a man of God knows so much about crime."  "No. I don't."

[WOLFG]
Members
31,423 posts
9,664 battles
57 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

No offense op but I’m glad I’m not the only one.

I’m trying desperately not to take the losses personally- I mean there are always things I reflect on... no matter how lob sided the battle is I always feel like there is something I could have done to have more of an impact on “my piece” of the loss... 

Whats worse is the battles start off really well... team got caps and start out a couple ships ahead. Then I lock horns with someone for 2 minutes and by the time I come back up for air we’re 4 ships down and losing caps we apparently threw all our ships away to take.

okay it can’t be that bad. I grab my Gascogne that I have a 71% solo win rate in 60 battles or so... not a great sample size but inexplicably I’ve done well enough in it to pull it out when times are dire... another 3 straight losses. What’s worse is I’ve apparently forgotten how to aim and I also seem to be drawn towards target ships that fade in and out.

I know it’s just the spotting mechanic... but man it feels like it’s my turn to endure the Wrath of all the wg mechanics.

I’m trying to make a comeback but I don’t think that the game is too happy about it.

those two shots of whiskey sound divine right now.  

That's just it, I was ok for wins, and the teams mostly weren't bad, it just really felt like somebody at WG had their finger on the disappear button lol.

I know why it was happening, it was all just the juxtaposition of enemies and spotting teammates changing at the worst possible times. 

[WOLFG]
Members
31,423 posts
9,664 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

That was in the movie, 'Serenity'.

Ah ok, it was a while ago, and I watched the series and the movie all together.