You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SerahKhan

So, about those Legendary Mods now ? [After "Rebalancing"]

29 comments in this topic

[-HEL-]
Members
457 posts

Hi gang

I still have a chance at some of them that are in Research Bureau....

All the previous posts are quite a little bit outdated..

Can some kind expert :)   let us/me know which are really worth either

a) 18,200 RB points or

b) doing the long - awful 5 step quest (if we still have it, expiring Dec 31st)

====

1- Are any of the BB ones still worth it ?

2- are any of the DD ones worth it ? I think Gearing is still worth it...

3- as for Cruisers, any of them still worth it ? I know DM's was pretty badly nerfed lately..

Thx all!

Jean

Edited by SerahKhan
typos

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,266 battles

Wouldn't bother with Montana's anymore. I already swapped it back out for concealment. I think Deal Moines is still worth doing, and Kleber is definitely worth it if you like torp boats. 

• Cool 1

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
371 posts
5,683 battles

Yamato continues to be the best UU despite being changed.

• Cool 2

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
506 posts
14,388 battles

Well of the ones I have

Shima's - (Did the mission and got it naturally). Still Sucks, even with the Buff - DO NOT BOTHER.

Des Moines - After the nerf, she just doesn't play the same anymore. They really nerfed the reverse acceleration, and well honestly, I removed it and put back reload to get more DPM.

Moskva's. - The nerf  of its turret traverse to 20% was enough for me to remove it and just put the range module back on. In my opinon NOT worth it.

ZAO's - Took it off, put range mod on. The nerf killed it

Remember they said these are to be "Side Grades" not upgrades, yet now they want you to reset a line TWICE to get one of these. That should be a UPGRADE. (I like the old way of getting them thru missions. IT made you play the ship to get it. I'm not resetting a line for any UU whatsoever.)

*IF* you look at the best UU's to get, look at the CV's, especially the Midway's.

• Cool 9

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,230 posts
4,766 battles
2 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

a) 18,200 RB points or

a) 19,200

b) If you haven't started the quest, you're SoL. If you have, get cranking.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Unique_Upgrades_.28.22Legendary.22_Upgrades.29

I won't speak to the value, but it appears to me that these updated versions are more sidegrades, as originally intended, than the original batch.  Will you like them?  IMO that depends on you and your play style. No external advice means much.

Members
729 posts
10,107 battles
3 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

3- as for Cruisers, any of them still worth it ? I know DM's was pretty badly nerfed lately..

Whether the legendary upgrades are worth it depends on how much value research bureau points have to you. The Grozovoi upgrade for instance is a straight up buff that makes you do 6% more damage, but is 6% more damage worth two line resets (or one with double)?

Gearing isn't a highly recommended upgrade, since for random battles you'd usually take a bit more damage over a bit better concealment (and if you want good concealment you can play the Shimakaze which doesn't cost research points) and for competitive the Gearing isn't a top pick.

• Boring 1

[THICC]
Beta Testers
983 posts
6,890 battles

Some of them are arguably upgrades, but to me, none are 'worth' the grind, either the old 5 step or the new RB.  The improvements they offer(if any) over the standard modules is pretty marginal.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
604 posts
12,383 battles

Are any UUs worth mounting now? Kinda up to you. I still have my Hindy and Monty on because it's not worth the 25 dubs to take them off.

Would I spend a resource on a UU? Not a chance. Knowing that any of them could be "rebalanced" without warning at any given time I will not consider using any resource to get one. I do have a couple of missions I will finish by years end, cause all that requires is playing a ship.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,761 battles
8 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

Hi gang

a) 18,200 RB points or

====

Thx all!

Jean

Of the ones I have Gearing is still good, Khaba is much better than the old version it actually makes Khaba somewhat competitive again, and DM is still good, Hindenburg is still worth having too.

• Cool 1

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

I don’t have the Khaba UU (though I accepted the quest years ago...just don’t play it much...it’s a meh boat now), can’t speak to it.

The Hindy UU is at least worth your consideration. Do you give up concealment? Ja, but concealment on Hindy is pretty garbage anyway. I haven’t done it yet...but, in return you get improved rudder shift and faster natural dam con, etc. If you’re the sort of guy that would run Hindy with double rudder, the UU is probably a better choice.

Maybe I should try it. I ran Hipper with double rudder back in the day when CE required a 15 point Captain and mine wasn’t there...the KM cruisers, starting with Nurn, are the ships I learned to wiggle tank in.

• Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,123 posts
11,083 battles
9 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

Hi gang

a) 18,200 RB points or

====

Thx all!

Jean

Sure, let's talk about them.

The you really need to be running the UU bunch (Expect Nerfs, because these UUs should be too popular):

1. Harugumo-The only slot 5 UU ship I will say this about. Normally giving up concealment for a DD would be stupid, but this UU makes Harugumo so much better at abusing the ability to fire from smoke, that it is worth giving up the concealment.

2. Grosser Kurfurst-Sure, secondaries are a meme, but the benefit to this UU makes the meme so good, who cares that the main battery range is reduced. Kurfurst is at its best at close range anyway.

3. Worcester-Boosting the consumables on one of the most consumable heavy ships in the game? Yes please!

The side grade crowd, not broken, but changes the ship enough that you may prefer the alternate style:

1. Minotaur-The UU plus Smoke Generator Mod 1 in slot 3 effectively turns Minotaur into something very simlar to a crawling smoke ship. It's not better than basic Minotaur, but it definitely can take unsuspecting enemies by surprise and give you an edge. There are some players that love this alternative take, despite the decrease in concealment.

2. Khabarovsk-More guns, less consumables

3. Z-52-Basically more torpedo attacks, less ability to cap.

4. Gearing-Make yourself even more stealthy and hard to kill, but less offensive punch.

5. Yeuyang-More consumable and faster guns for less concealment

6. Republique- If you want to brawl in it, then the UU is the way you want to go.

7. Yamato-Trading away turret traverse and rate of fire for the best accuracy in the game.

8. Des Moines-Not as powerful as it once was, but when they nerfed it, they also took away the drawback to consumable, so it may still be worth running.

9. Moskva-More sniping, less tanking

10. Kleber-The art of turning your French DD into a European DD

11. Midway, Hakuryu, and Audacious-All are solid, but they all require changing the way you play them.

Finally, if the ship hasn't been named, but has a UU, for the love of God don't run it! You will regret it!

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

[-HEL-]
Members
457 posts

incredible

14 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Sure, let's talk about them.

The you really need to be running the UU bunch (Expect Nerfs, because these UUs should be too popular):

1. Harugumo-The only slot 5 UU ship I will say this about. Normally giving up concealment for a DD would be stupid, but this UU makes Harugumo so much better at abusing the ability to fire from smoke, that it is worth giving up the concealment.

2. Grosser Kurfurst-Sure, secondaries are a meme, but the benefit to this UU makes the meme so good, who cares that the main battery range is reduced. Kurfurst is at its best at close range anyway.

3. Worcester-Boosting the consumables on one of the most consumable heavy ships in the game? Yes please!

The side grade crowd, not broken, but changes the ship enough that you may prefer the alternate style:

1. Minotaur-The UU plus Smoke Generator Mod 1 in slot 3 effectively turns Minotaur into something very simlar to a crawling smoke ship. It's not better than basic Minotaur, but it definitely can take unsuspecting enemies by surprise and give you an edge. There are some players that love this alternative take, despite the decrease in concealment.

2. Khabarovsk-More guns, less consumables

3. Z-52-Basically more torpedo attacks, less ability to cap.

4. Gearing-Make yourself even more stealthy and hard to kill, but less offensive punch.

5. Yeuyang-More consumable and faster guns for less concealment

6. Republique- If you want to brawl in it, then the UU is the way you want to go.

7. Yamato-Trading away turret traverse and rate of fire for the best accuracy in the game.

8. Des Moines-Not as powerful as it once was, but when they nerfed it, they also took away the drawback to consumable, so it may still be worth running.

9. Moskva-More sniping, less tanking

10. Kleber-The art of turning your French DD into a European DD

11. Midway, Hakuryu, and Audacious-All are solid, but they all require changing the way you play them.

Finally, if the ship hasn't been named, but has a UU, for the love of God don't run it! You will regret it!

Thank you so much all

Very appreciated

I have 14 Missions , ill have to prioritize and see which I can get by Dec 31st

Thank you kindly again!

Jean

• Cool 1

[SCOM]
Members
221 posts
9,560 battles

Is it just me or did the rewards for completing each phase of the UU missions change?  I was looking at the ones I still have last night and I noticed that phases 1-4 reward like 125k silver each.

Didnt they used to give flags or camos for the different phases?  The last one still gives the mosaic camo, but I dont remember the others just giving silver.  I know the one where you grind 8 million credits gave silver.

It's been a while since I really looked through. 

[-HEL-]
Members
457 posts
1 hour ago, Wanturskul said:

Is it just me or did the rewards for completing each phase of the UU missions change?  I was looking at the ones I still have last night and I noticed that phases 1-4 reward like 125k silver each.

Didnt they used to give flags or camos for the different phases?  The last one still gives the mosaic camo, but I dont remember the others just giving silver.  I know the one where you grind 8 million credits gave silver.

It's been a while since I really looked through. 

Yes the did, after the elite consumables were removed/given to players as part of last rework

however since they gave like something like 50x premium consumables per STEP, we were supposed to get 1.125 million creds Per Step in compensation, NOT 125k

plz confirm? 
thx

• Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,123 posts
11,083 battles
3 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

incredible

Thank you so much all

Very appreciated

I have 14 Missions , ill have to prioritize and see which I can get by Dec 31st

Thank you kindly again!

Jean

You're welcome. Now as for my personal opinions:

1. Minotaur- I love crawling smoke commonwealth ships, so when I do finally get Minotaur, I would very much like to try the alternate build.

2. Khabarovsk-No. Survival is always more important to me, so more punch isn't worth it for my preferred style.

3. Z-52-No. I would never want less ability to cap.

4. Gearing-This is a hard choice. I think I might actually try for this one. The ability to be a sneak always feels good to me.

5. Yeuyang-I run Radar, and I like spotting over concealment. I am good at dodging incoming fire, so I would prefer to be better at spotting enemies for my team.

6. Republique- I am not planning on unlocking this ship anytime soon, but when the day comes, I will run this.

7. Yamato-Yes. Alpha strikes work well with Yamamoto, and even though long range snipers have a hard time convincing enemies to let it tank damage, I deliberately leave the tracers on for Yamamoto, so they know what happens if I manage to first blood or kraken. That makes enemies fire at me, even if I am staying at long range.

8. Des Moines-I was never going to run the old version, because i like my consumable too much. The new version I am seriously considering.

9. Moskva-The entire reason I cared enough to get this ship prior to the split was to help my clan by playing a tanky ship for clan battles that could provide spotting via radar. Running the UU for long range would undermine the entire reason I even have the ship.

10. Kleber-Haha, no. If I want to play Euro style, I will just unlock Halland.

11. Midway- Yes, I like the alternate style and run my Midway this way. It allows me to focus my Tiny Tims on CA and BB, while using my buffed divebombs to delete DDs.

11b. Hakuryu and Audacious- No, I don't like these alternatives nearly so much.

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

Members
2,044 posts
52 battles

Hakuryu UU is a straight up upgrade with no downsides (or rather the supposed downside it has is placebo).

Midway UU is actually better than I thought it would be, however that likely has more to do with the recent accuracy change that has made the Tiny Tims less effective.

Audacious UU is completely worthless.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,890 posts
25,140 battles
On 9/14/2020 at 8:39 PM, Gemlin said:

Well of the ones I have

Shima's - (Did the mission and got it naturally). Still Sucks, even with the Buff - DO NOT BOTHER.

Des Moines - After the nerf, she just doesn't play the same anymore. They really nerfed the reverse acceleration, and well honestly, I removed it and put back reload to get more DPM.

Moskva's. - The nerf  of its turret traverse to 20% was enough for me to remove it and just put the range module back on. In my opinon NOT worth it.

ZAO's - Took it off, put range mod on. The nerf killed it

Remember they said these are to be "Side Grades" not upgrades, yet now they want you to reset a line TWICE to get one of these. That should be a UPGRADE. (I like the old way of getting them thru missions. IT made you play the ship to get it. I'm not resetting a line for any UU whatsoever.)

*IF* you look at the best UU's to get, look at the CV's, especially the Midway's.

The funny part was WG said they nerfed those Legendaries heavily based on popularity.

On a related note, I know absolutely nobody that uses Shimakaze's Legendary.  It has always sucked and it still sucks now.  If nobody uses the d*mn thing then that sure as hell should have been a sign that it needs help.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
21,701 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The funny part was WG said they nerfed those Legendaries heavily based on popularity.

On a related note, I know absolutely nobody that uses Shimakaze's Legendary.  It has always sucked and it still sucks now.  If nobody uses the d*mn thing then that sure as hell should have been a sign that it needs help.

IF (big if), it's true they nerfed the UUs based on popularity, Shima's should have been buffed.

As someone stated, will not invest any hard to grind currency for a module that will change if people like it. Not even because of the "spreadsheet", just because it was popular.:Smile_facepalm:

[SCOM]
Members
221 posts
9,560 battles
11 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

Yes the did, after the elite consumables were removed/given to players as part of last rework

however since they gave like something like 50x premium consumables per STEP, we were supposed to get 1.125 million creds Per Step in compensation, NOT 125k

plz confirm? 
thx

Yeah, you are right its 1,250,000 credits.  Sorry I just remembered the 125 lol.

Thanks, that makes sense.  I entirely forgot they used to give the premium consumables.

[FLAYR]
Members
12 posts
10,732 battles
On 9/14/2020 at 9:05 PM, xTrowax said:

Wouldn't bother with Montana's anymore. I already swapped it back out for concealment. I think Deal Moines is still worth doing, and Kleber is definitely worth it if you like torp boats. 

I had the Des Moines Legemdary Speed boost and took it off after they "adjusted" it.  I'd rather have the extra 2.8km range on my guns.  How does one access the research bureau?

• Cool 1

[-HEL-]
Members
457 posts

Thx all

Great Responses...

Question:

1- Conqueror UU  ?

2- Henri UU ?

I am pretty advanced on Missions for them, any worth to them ?

Thx all!

Jean

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,266 battles
On 9/17/2020 at 9:53 PM, QM2SW said:

I had the Des Moines Legemdary Speed boost and took it off after they "adjusted" it.  I'd rather have the extra 2.8km range on my guns.  How does one access the research bureau?

Click the armory, and click the research point icon near the bottom of the list.