Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
63 posts
19,522 battles

7 vs 7 Randoms, 3 vs 3 Randoms, 1 vs 1 Same Ship battles.  Realistic battles without any caps (in ocean format) would also be nice. 

The effect of good players in this game on randoms in this current state is minimized by players who suicide/afk.  Add more game modes but smaller sized battles.  There is too much emphasis on adding more ships for more $$$ rather than focusing on the actual game, itself. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,651
[SALVO]
Members
5,992 posts
4,946 battles

If new game modes are succesful, they will syphon players from Random, which qualifies them as a failure.

If the new game modes prove unpopular and unsuccesful, they also qualify as failure.

It is complicated to design a new game that isn't a failure.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
1 hour ago, Rub_My_Cit_Harder_BB said:

7 vs 7 Randoms, 3 vs 3 Randoms, 1 vs 1 Same Ship battles.  Realistic battles without any caps (in ocean format) would also be nice. 

The effect of good players in this game on randoms in this current state is minimized by players who suicide/afk.  Add more game modes but smaller sized battles.  There is too much emphasis on adding more ships for more $$$ rather than focusing on the actual game, itself. 

I would love to see - not a new battle mode - but a strategic mode.  Give us a reason to fight a sandbox battle on a particular map - defending resources or cutting off supplies, etc.  I remember a very long time ago (back in the late 80s early 90s) a game on GENie called Battletech where we fought sandbox type battles, but each planet controlled resources and supplies.  As you fought battles, your side would gain points (the longer your unit was on the planet the bigger your combat multiplier would get), eventually forcing one side to withdraw from the planet because they couldn't receive repairs/reloads.  We fought battles in our sandbox, but the game had a strategic element.  It was very possible to make a determined flanking push and cut off the opposing side(s), forcing an earlier end to the conflict.  I don't see why WoWs can't have something like that.  (heck, it would give a real reason for submarines that wasn't contrived)  It's not Intellectual Property for anyone, so it'd be open game so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,085
[SALVO]
Members
25,828 posts
28,175 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

If new game modes are succesful, they will syphon players from Random, which qualifies them as a failure.

If the new game modes prove unpopular and unsuccesful, they also qualify as failure.

It is complicated to design a new game that isn't a failure.

 

They don't really need to be "game modes".  They could be "battle modes" (such as Standard, Domination, or Epicenter) embedded into randoms.

I think that a "smaller team" battle mode, such as 7v7, could be viable.  I'd rather not see 3v3 or 1v1 as a battle mode though.

I'm not sure that Asymetrical Battles would make for a good random battles battle mode.  But I could see it as a good coop battle mode.

I think that Arms Race could make for a viable Battle Mode for randoms as well.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,651
[SALVO]
Members
5,992 posts
4,946 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

They don't really need to be "game modes".  They could be "battle modes" (such as Standard, Domination, or Epicenter) embedded into randoms.

I think that a "smaller team" battle mode, such as 7v7, could be viable.  I'd rather not see 3v3 or 1v1 as a battle mode though.

I'm not sure that Asymetrical Battles would make for a good random battles battle mode.  But I could see it as a good coop battle mode.

I think that Arms Race could make for a viable Battle Mode for randoms as well.

Yeah agree, basically for any mode or variant to be considered viable, it needs to be fitted into Randoms 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,664 posts
42,448 battles

1 v 1 (like ship, tier specific) seems a Good mode in Randoms and you can even use skill based MM. Talk the talk, walk the walk, no excuses, just see who is the best captain. Prizes will be cookies and cake for the victor and a t-shirt that says: "I'm with stupid.➡️(insert victor's name here)". WG will send only 1 shirt per player. Because it's expensive darn it!  This will encourage players to lose. Creating a sharp decline of win rate. Mass Hysteria, top clans flipping tables and ruining really nice pc furniture, potential cats taking over streams to enhance player calm. 

3 v 3 (division) would be okay but each ship would be limited. 1 DD, 1 cruiser, and 1 BB. Knives and dance choreography included. Maybe a prize awarded for best and worst dressed. Also best hammy death scene. 

4 v 4 would be nice and be similar to above, but add a CV. Yeah, a CV. That means a clan would need a CV player. This would be the unique 4 ship division.

The best part is finding that one CV player that would do this for steel 🤔, because that is probably the only really gud incentive. 😏 It's not like a CV player could be tempted any other way...🍑. Nope. Prizes will be, a t-shirt that says: "I was in a battle with a CV player on my team and it was not as bad as I thought.(Insert CV player name here). WG, again, after much laughing will only send 1 shirt per player participant on account, you guessed it, it's expensive. But at least WG creates ☮️ peace and harmony, with players and CV players.

Oh the fun that might bring. Some clans probably want the opposite, but it's a good try anyway right?

And finally my favorite assymetrical mode. DDs versus CVs. 12 DDs vs 12 CVs. Yes, you can even use"that" division, but CVs can division too. Minimum of 3 divs per team. This would be extra special mode because you can issue a letter of challenge to the CVs or vice versa. Should the teams accept, the prize is doubloons and steel. Winner gets 70% and loser gets rest of a pot of 100k doubloons and 80k steel. That should be incentive enough. But it hinges on the acceptance of a challenge and no former members of clans can fight their old clan..match will be presided by a WG Twitch streamer to make it 3rd party fair. Twitch streamer can broadcast it on their channel and have full authority with the rules as set forth by WG. All rulings by the streamer are final and can not be appealed.

I think this one is the most juicy mode.😏😂

Because it will definitely not be boring.

Oh, and as an added bonus, the streamer can advertise it with their own title to hype it to legendary status.

Titles like Thunderdome, CV Dead pool, West Side story, Daka Slamfest, Shattered skies, etc.

If only we could get sponsors to cover the costs 🤔 like Puffs tissues, Morton salt (When it Rains, it Pours), Snickers, RainX, Calgon bubble bath, Funimation, Studio Gibli, Quiznos, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×