You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HMGKPred

Credit/Commander xp farming advice?

34 comments in this topic

[FNGSX]
Members
99 posts
6,020 battles

So im trying to maximize my gains for the title mentioned, im a bit confused about whether to use a camo that has both commander and ship xp bonuses or if to use either just a high commander or ship xp bonus since ship xp is based on said commander xp, confusing i know..I have a couple of prem ships ( Alaska, Agir, Massa, Odin, Nelson, z-39, Lazo, Yoshino ) and i imagine the tier 8 - 9 ones are best to use, unless theres a super secret formula on the Alaska since a lot of people say its best to use, should i even bother to use the free camo's on them when grinding out commander or credits on em? when should i not use them for others?

Thanks in advance for those that can provide me with intel

[WPORT]
Members
7,203 posts
12,205 battles

When training a Commander, I often mount the "Back to School" camo (available in the Armory in exchange for coal), which provides a 100% bonus to the Commander XP earned during a battle.
For additional bonuses, I mount signal flags, including the rare ones that grant wonderful amounts of CXP/FXP/XP.
And, to make it all worthwhile, I'll enter a Random Battle or a Scenario Operation.

The above situation assumes the Commander is Captaining the ship they'll be assigned permanently and especially is true if it is a tech-tree ship instead of a premium ship.

For those who train a Commander by temporarily assigning them to a premium ship, my understanding is that they assign the Commander to a compatible premium ship and play the heck out of it until the goal(s) are met.
Compatible ships need to be of the same nation and same type (CV/BB/Cruiser/DD/Submarine & etc.) that the Commander will eventually be assigned to as Captain of the ship.
It helps if you have a premium ship that is as high a tier as you can get your hands on, because higher tier ships tend to earn more XP in a battle than a lower tier ship.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,384 posts
9,655 battles

Everything is based off of regular XP. 

You want as much extra XP as you can get, because your commander XP will increase the same. Commander XP bonuses on top of that will boost even more.

For example, say you would normally get 1000 XP. You would also get 1000 CXP. If you add a 100% XP camo, now you get 2000 XP, and 2000 CXP. Adding a 100% commander XP signal on top of that gives you 2000 XP, and 4000 CXP.

Basically, XP is the base. The bigger you make that base, the more effective your CXP bonuses will be.

And if you're doing that, you might as well take advantage of that increased XP base and add free XP bonuses too.

IOW, whatever XP type you're trying to grind, you might as well grind all the types due to the synergy.

As far as camo, I'll use the free one when I don't have signals to boost gain further.

My advice is whenever you use special camo and signals, load up as much as you can.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 3

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,798 posts

I buy batches of econ flags.

I never grind commanders below 10. If I do not get a commander that is at least 10 and above for my own purposes, I'll delete same. To free up reserve slots.

I do use special flags where possible and camo designed to boost commander xp.

And play a while, that will come along eventually. One commander I adopted 5 years ago is only about a 16 almost 17 now. Hes slated to be a 19 sometime next year. But not a priority. The rest of them are between 10 and 15 and vary in progress depending on what ships I use. Generally DD's but break out the bigger stuff for a fight into objective or whatever.

Ive learned to keep commanders with the ship they are with. Swapping, retraining etc is excessively costly. Especially in Doubleloons best spent elsewhere. God knows I spent enough per month on this product (Between 150 to 400 a month depending... if that... some months I hardly spend at all.) Mostly doubloons and flags. and on sale where possible.

• Cool 1

Members
707 posts

I think the ship itself plays a role too. I was grinding out a commander in Asym battles (Great for this purpose BTW) and I was getting more commander XP from Arizona than PR or Salem. Not a lot, but I'll take what I can get.

[PVE]
Members
7,315 posts
23,193 battles
49 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

For example, say you would normally get 1000 XP. You would also get 1000 CXP. If you add a 100% XP camo, now you get 2000 XP, and 2000 CXP. Adding a 100% commander XP signal on top of that gives you 2000 XP, and 4000 CXP.

Actually this is incorrect Skpstr...assuming by "say you would normally get 1000 XP" you are referring to Base XP that would only give you 3000 CXP as CXP bonuses are based off of Base XP not commander XP.

FXP bonuses are an actual percentage of overall regular XP so the more regular XP you get the higher the FXP bonuses will be.

Now all ship XP does transfer to the commander so extra XP flags will increase your CXP...but CXP bonuses only go off the BXP so a 100% CXP signal will only give you an extra 1000 CXP if the BXP is 1000...no matter how many XP bonuses you have.

Sound confusing as you do get the extra CXP for extra XP bonuses...just saying the individual CXP bonuses are not based off of total XP...just BXP.

I can example this out if my explanation is not clear enough.

• Cool 2

[X-PN]
Members
612 posts
7,296 battles

play t10 premium or tech tree with perm camo or a T9 premium. make sure you got a 19 point commander on it and stack as much xp/cmdr xp flags on it.

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,230 battles

I mean, there's really not a whole lot to it. If you're farming credits or xp, there are camos and signals you can buy in the armory that'll do that. You can earn better ones by doing daily missions and campaigns. Focus on doing damage in battle, especially to ships with lower hp pools. More percentage of hp damaged means more credits; i.e, shooting destroyers nets more credits than shooting battleships, as I understand it.

For XP farming, same thing applies to camos and signals. Focus on playing objectives in battle, and damaging/destroying higher tier ships. 

Most flags and camps do a bit of both, so you only really need to adjust your gameplay for what it is you want, but the ones that only do one or the other usually give more of a bonus. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,384 posts
9,655 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually this is incorrect Skpstr...assuming by "say you would normally get 1000 XP" you are referring to Base XP that would only give you 3000 CXP as CXP bonuses are based off of Base XP not commander XP.

FXP bonuses are an actual percentage of overall regular XP so the more regular XP you get the higher the FXP bonuses will be.

Now all ship XP does transfer to the commander so extra XP flags will increase your CXP...but CXP bonuses only go off the BXP so a 100% CXP signal will only give you an extra 1000 CXP if the BXP is 1000...no matter how many XP bonuses you have.

Sound confusing as you do get the extra CXP for extra XP bonuses...just saying the individual CXP bonuses are not based off of total XP...just BXP.

No I think I have it.

That's where I got it wrong, CXP comes off base XP, not modified XP.

IOW, if I'm using a 19-pointer on a premium ship, bonus XP signals are useless, other than for higher FXP?

[PVE]
Members
7,315 posts
23,193 battles
43 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

No I think I have it.

IOW, if I'm using a 19-pointer on a premium ship, bonus XP signals are useless, other than for higher FXP?

The 19 pointers only gives you more skills to help get better XP with but doesn't add a direct modifier to the XP...the premium ship does though...although the amounts vary per ship & only a few (Sims I know to be 1 of them) have an enhanced XP modifier over other premium ships...& Mo of course has the credit modifier.

But premiums are best to use them on because you know your BXP is going to be higher than a battle in a tree ship (considering equal performance in each).

Not useless...they (both XP & CXP) are worth whatever BXP you get extra...so it is best to use them in a battle where you know you will get a good BXP score (good luck on knowing that before a battle...lol) because they will be worth more w/a higher BXP (which is why...if you are good enough to win most of the time...they are perfect in clan battles because you are guaranteed 2500 BXP for each of them...but if you are more likely to lose in a clan battle don't waste them because they will only be worth 250 BXP each).

For the record...CXP ones have no effect on FXP ones...only regular XP as FXP is always 1/20th (5%) of all combined XP before FXP modifiers...so the more XP you have to work with the higher base number the FXP bonuses have to enhance.

+200% 1st win battles are great for loading up XP & FXP modifiers because the 200% is a guaranteed boost all by itself.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,342 posts
26,854 battles

Commander Experience

CXP  =  EB · At · (1 + Σ MXP + Σ MC) + ZXP + ZC
or
CXP  =  XP Ship XP + (EB · At · Σ MC) + ZC

Where:

• CXP - Total commander experience earned from battle
  • EB - Base commander experience earned from battle
  • At - Account type: 1.0 for standard; 1.5 for Wargaming Premium; 1.65 for Warships Premium
  • XP Ship XP - Total ship experience earned from the battle (see above)
  • Σ MXP - The sum of the modifiers to ship experience, such as:
    • The first victory of the day bonus, when applicable (normally +50% (0.50))
    • Use of Signal Flags, e.g. Equal Speed Charlie London +50% XP earned for the battle. +50% (0.50)
    • Use of Camouflage
    • A clan bonus up to +5%
    • Awards for the completion of Combat Missions / Events
    • Use of certain non-national flags, e.g Military Month Contributor PCEE025_Military_Month_Contributor_Flag.png +5% (0.05)
  • Σ MC - The sum of the modifiers to commander experience, such as:
    • Use of Signal Flags, e.g. Zulu Hotel +50% Commander XP earned for the battle. +50% (0.50)
    • Use of Camouflage, e.g. Back-2-School PCEC035_Back2School.png +100% (1.0)
    • A clan bonus up to +10%
    • Use of certain non-national flags, e.g King of the Sea PCEE062_King_of_the_Sea.png +50% (0.50)
  • ZXP - Direct award of ship XP from missions such as Daily Chains
  • ZC - Direct award of commander XP from missions such as Daily Chains
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 2

[E-M-S]
Members
92 posts
5,784 battles

economically speaking I find premium ships are the best bang for your buck as you save on the camo costs and it does eventually add up, all premiums have an XP bonus in their permanent camo as I'm sure you know and reduced resupply costs. to that end, hit up LWM's premium reviews, she'll show you the most consistent deliverers for your time. do NOT forget to factor in your skills however, if you suck at BBs it doesn't matter that Mass is awesome if you can't play it well. you can if you are confident use signals as well but unless you are playing the class of ship you are using the commander on I wouldn't bother with signals (unless you are wiling to burn real world money on flags and doubloons to respec the commander). I wouldn't move them to a different tech tree ship unless it's the next ship you earn because of the retraining costs and if you have the doubloons to spare do the Senior Command Course to skip those battles at half skill. You will get the best bang for your buck if your Cap is on spec for the ship class because obviously you are doing commander skills for increased effectiveness but you can't do diddly about it if you are trying to level your British BB commander and your only UK premium is HMS Gallant unless you burn the doubloons to respec, twice. battle type makes a huge difference, don't farm in Coop at all, lowest rewards of all battle types. and I wouldn't expect much for farming in Clan or ranked unless you are really good yourself because your opponents probably are as well, but if you need steel it's not like options abound. a good clan as far as upgrades helps, not much but every little bit helps. oh, and ALWAYS take advantage of that daily 1st win bonus, +50% is +50%. 

• Cool 1

[BALD]
[BALD]
Members
16 posts
3,827 battles
5 hours ago, HMGKPred said:

So im trying to maximize my gains for the title mentioned, im a bit confused about whether to use a camo that has both commander and ship xp bonuses or if to use either just a high commander or ship xp bonus since ship xp is based on said commander xp, confusing i know.

Hi
I was also totally confused abt. which camo i should use for which grinding, so i made an "Spreadsheet"  for myself.

Heads up. Pls. note that the calculations may not be (and propably aren't) completely correct. They are more indicative. And (because i used those camos i had) there are camos missing from the list.
And also note, that signals, clan-bonuses etc. are not calculated.

I calculated this with the assumption that on a ship without any camos you would get 1000 xp (Note: not Bxp) 100k credits and would have an after battle cost of 25k credits.

The "screenshot" is sorted with which camos give best Commander XP.
And as you notice, the "Back to School" -camo isn't so hi up on the list.
So if you are grinding a tech-tree ship line at the same time, then those camos that have XP-multipliers in every category (xp, Cxp and Fxp) is better to use.

XP_and_Credits.thumb.JPG.f3871c64df997d212113a0c767c10281.JPG

• Cool 1

[FNGSX]
Members
99 posts
6,020 battles

Jawesome i had forgotten about LWM's chart and the other made with excel is perfect as well, all the info is appreciated and it should help me a lot, thank you all ^^ ( now i gotta git gud enough to deal the damages )

[WOLFG]
Members
31,384 posts
9,655 battles
12 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Update:

Ok, I'm looking at the post-battle results screen for an Amagi game I just played.

It shows, as you say, base XP being used for both calculations, but I'm still getting substantially more CXP, and I dunno where it's coming from.

XP:

Earned: 2185

Combat Mission: 500

WoWS Anniversary camo (+100%): 2185

Leviathan (+50%): 1093

ESCL signal (+50%): 1093

MMC flag (+5%): 110

Daily Win (+50%): 1093

Clan Bonus (+5%) 110

That shows me a total of 8369 XP.

CXP:

Leviathan (+100%): 2185

Zulu Hotel (+50%): 1093

Ship's bonuses: 6184

Clan bonus: (+10%): 219

That shows me a total of 11976.

It looks to be the "ship's bonuses" that cause me the confusion. 

I can't figure out why my CXP should be higher than XP, because I have more bonuses for XP than CXP.

I'd upload an actual screenshot, but I can't remember how....

[WOLFG]
Members
662 posts
14,124 battles
8 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Commander Experience

CXP  =  EB · At · (1 + Σ MXP + Σ MC) + ZXP + ZC
or
CXP  =  XP Ship XP + (EB · At · Σ MC) + ZC

Where:

• CXP - Total commander experience earned from battle
  • EB - Base commander experience earned from battle
  • At - Account type: 1.0 for standard; 1.5 for Wargaming Premium; 1.65 for Warships Premium
  • XP Ship XP - Total ship experience earned from the battle (see above)
  • Σ MXP - The sum of the modifiers to ship experience, such as:
    • The first victory of the day bonus, when applicable (normally +50% (0.50))
    • Use of Signal Flags, e.g. Equal Speed Charlie London +50% XP earned for the battle. +50% (0.50)
    • Use of Camouflage
    • A clan bonus up to +5%
    • Use of certain non-national flags, e.g Military Month Contributor PCEE025_Military_Month_Contributor_Flag.png +5% (0.05)
  • Σ MC - The sum of the modifiers to commander experience, such as:
    • Use of Signal Flags, e.g. Zulu Hotel +50% Commander XP earned for the battle. +50% (0.50)
    • Use of Camouflage, e.g. Back-2-School PCEC035_Back2School.png +100% (1.0)
    • A clan bonus up to +10%
    • Use of certain non-national flags, e.g King of the Sea PCEE062_King_of_the_Sea.png +50% (0.50)
  • ZXP - Direct award of ship XP from missions such as Daily Chains
  • ZC - Direct award of commander XP from missions such as Daily Chains

Too much math hurts my head.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,342 posts
26,854 battles
30 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Too much math hurts my head.

Short version:  Your CXP is based on your total ship XP earned.  It is then modified by any specific commander XP bonus (signals, camo, etc.)  

• Cool 1

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,637 posts
10,694 battles
12 hours ago, Skpstr said:

No I think I have it.

No, you had it right the first time.  The base CXP does come off the total ship XP, which is then modified by any CXP modifiers.  This is why we often see XP values of 10k, and CXP values well above 20k for some players.  Good players even achieve higher values.  Heck, even I have achieved CXP values up around 40k in some games with XP and CXP modifiers piled on. Its not the norm, but it has happened.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,384 posts
9,655 battles
10 minutes ago, Murcc said:

No, you had it right the first time.  The base CXP does come off the total ship XP, which is then modified by any CXP modifiers.  This is why we often see XP values of 10k, and CXP values well above 20k for some players.  Good players even achieve higher values.  Heck, even I have achieved CXP values up around 40k in some games with XP and CXP modifiers piled on. Its not the norm, but it has happened.

I can't figure out how that works, according to my example though.

Neither stance seems to fit. If it's based off total XP, I should have had over 12k CXP. If it's off base XP, I should have had less CXP than XP.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,637 posts
10,694 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

I can't figure out how that works, according to my example though.

Neither stance seems to fit. If it's based off total XP, I should have had over 12k CXP. If it's off base XP, I should have had less CXP than XP.

Are there any in-game modifiers or directives that were completed?  Those can be additive and not multiplied by the XP or CXP.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,384 posts
9,655 battles
44 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Are there any in-game modifiers or directives that were completed?  Those can be additive and not multiplied by the XP or CXP.

There was a combat mission, but it only showed up for XP, not CXP.

[WPE-2]
Members
112 posts
1,009 battles

The asymmetric battles are a great place to farm been getting 40-50k cxp regularly with type 59 camo . granted you have to win. I can imagine playing a t8 premium ship with 19pt capt for credits and a premium t5 for cxp thats how id min / max   

[PVE]
Members
7,315 posts
23,193 battles
7 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Update:

Ok, I'm looking at the post-battle results screen for an Amagi game I just played.

It shows, as you say, base XP being used for both calculations, but I'm still getting substantially more CXP, and I dunno where it's coming from.

XP:

Combat Mission: 500

WoWS Anniversary camo (+100%): 2185

Leviathan (+50%): 1093

ESCL signal (+50%): 1093

Daily Win (+50%): 1093

Clan Bonus (+5%) 110

That shows me a total of 8369 XP.

CXP:

Leviathan (+100%): 2185

Zulu Hotel (+50%): 1093

Ship's bonuses: 6184

Clan bonus: (+10%): 219

That shows me a total of 11976.

It looks to be the "ship's bonuses" that cause me the confusion. 

I can't figure out why my CXP should be higher than XP, because I have more bonuses for XP than CXP.

I'd upload an actual screenshot, but I can't remember how....

CXP will always be either equal (w/zero modifiers) or more than XP because ALL XP becomes CXP (1st & formost)<---This is the part I didn't explain clearly before.

Earned = BXP (2185...nice game BTW) is the 1st stat for both XP & CXP.

If you add all of the XP bonuses...not including the BXP...just the XP bonuses (6184 in this battle) together they are also added to CXP as "ship bonuses"...in the XP column they are added to BXP for XP total (8396).

...& then CXP bonuses are added afterwards...but the CXP bonuses are an addition of BXP (aka 50%\100%\etc...of BXP) for each CXP signal.

So it's not like you don't get all of the XP turned into BXP...you do...all of it...it's just that the CXP modifiers are not a multiplier of that total...they are just an addition of (whatever percent of) BXP.