Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
puckhead77

Asymmetric abomination

26 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
77 posts
8,537 battles

Waited for over 2 mins and then this happened:

image.thumb.png.2bb937907b1657a0633ae4f6c5614521.png

I would have no problem waiting for another 5 mins if the match was logical and at least 70% human. I would even opt in to that if it was requested. But this was ridiculous and not even close to fun for me and I doubt fun for the lone human on the other team. I like the idea, but I think it needs much more polish so to speak.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,933 posts
4,946 battles

If you are not playing prime time, you'll get a lot of those.

Personally I'm using Asym as a better rewards version of Co-op to grind out of stock some of my T8s.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,286 posts
26,698 battles

This seems to be happening more and more often now.  At first the high tier were supplemented with bots, now the table have turned and the low tier are infested with bots. 

[COOP2]
Members
357 posts
9,156 battles
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Personally I'm using Asym as a better rewards version of Co-op to grind out of stock some of my T8s.

That's not a bad idea. The XP rewards are definitely better than co-op, and the battles don't go over 15 minutes.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,680 posts
12,225 battles

Add the ranked buffs to that mode.. be very interesting.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,304 posts
9,908 battles

When you're the only human player on your team in a cruiser with two tier 8 human CVs on the enemy team with one of them being a Parseval that will nuke your cruiser with one AP rocket squad.

[CVA16]
Members
5,865 posts
18,016 battles

So Asym MM throws out the 2 CV max restriction?

Of course in the OPs match, there are 3 bot CVs so really no threat at all.

Has anyone seen the stats on win percentages for the 2 sides?

Edited by Sabot_100

[SALVO]
Members
5,933 posts
4,946 battles
3 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

So Asym MM throws out the 2 CV max restriction?

There's no restriction at all that I know of. I've had matches with 3 CVs on one side. I think it could as easily drop 4 or more if there were as many in queue.

5 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Has anyone seen the stats on win percentages for the 2 sides?

It is difficult to get something clear because bots, these last days have become very fussy to lower tier team. With full human teams I must have near 90% as T8 and 70% as T6, but that's just me, playing DDs mostly.

[CVA16]
Members
5,865 posts
18,016 battles
14 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

It is difficult to get something clear because bots, these last days have become very fussy to lower tier team.

I could see MM like the OP shows causing a snowball effect as people quickly stop wanting to enter on the T6 side. Resulting in a steadily shrinking pool of T6 players. (which should eventually affect the T8 available players).

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,691 battles
50 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

If you are not playing prime time, you'll get a lot of those.

I did my Russian BB line reset in it. Went very smoothly. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,933 posts
4,946 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I could see MM like the OP shows causing a snowball effect as people quickly stop wanting to enter on the T6 side. Resulting in a steadily shrinking pool of T6 players. (which should eventually affect the T8 available players).

Yeah, I think these last days Asyms will turn into an improved coop mode. Maybe the weekend we'll get something balanced from playing the lower tiers but I foresee heavy bot presence in the lower tiers. As it is now, when and if I queue for lower tier team, I've accepted I'll be the hare in a fox hunt and I'll get paid in tokens for my contribution. 

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,162 posts
15,383 battles

Enjoying it on either side... won w 8's won w 6s...the funniest match was 3 t6 CVs and 1 T8 CV - and he was the only human on the side...lol, we all got a laugh. (and no he didn't win )

Members
1,171 posts

That's nothing.  Look at this trainwreck.  At least give us T6 bots FFS.  T8 carrier vs no carrier?  All T8's vs nearly all T5's?  I thought they "fixed" this crap.

image.thumb.png.a80f437e4e6490548d9059140f3bbbbf.png

No, I won't be testing any more of this ridiculousness.  Fix the MM first.

• Boring 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,723 posts
5,375 battles

I know already that the game is lost. If I am only human with a team of bots on anything, Im done. I'll just sit the ship and wait for the map to be over with. It will be soon enough.

If the Devs are afraid that we will be scared off by more than three minute waits to gain actual humans in teams and NO bots that aint so. We are pleased never to have bots.

However...

Time of day does matter. Not too many people in your area would be up at 4 am playing at times or whatever it is. So your wait is a little bit longer.

I don't mind AS game play, as long there are no bots. The problem with Bots is they don't know when to hold em, when to fold em, and when to run while they can. They always charge straight ahead to their destruction.

[SALVO]
Members
5,933 posts
4,946 battles
11 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

(bots)... always charge straight ahead to their destruction.

Not always, I've been surprised by some bots kiting away or sniping from safe range. I have some screens with mixed composition matches where bots do better than some humans and end the match alive, even as low tier cruisers which is frankly amazing.

[WOLFG]
Members
662 posts
14,078 battles

I have been using the Asymmetric battles to do those missions that have 500 coal for the reward for like 1500, 1600 and so on base XP.

Members
73 posts
106 battles

Not every game is filled with bots but when it is its most likely to be the lower tier side.

Enjoy it for what it is - a chance to lvl up ur T7 /T8 ships !

If u want to lvl T6 - operations is the quickest run.

But over all I ve had some great matches when both sides are full of players - it can go either way.

Its a change from random madness. D

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,304 posts
9,908 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Not always, I've been surprised by some bots kiting away or sniping from safe range. I have some screens with mixed composition matches where bots do better than some humans and end the match alive, even as low tier cruisers which is frankly amazing.

the bots I had when the low tier team were all bots, just sat in spawn and hardly ever moved

[RRN]
Members
32 posts
5,421 battles

I had this gem today...

I was almost half health within three minutes of the match. It didn't end well, at least the red CV's apologized for clubbing :)

Screenshot (138).png

Edited by br93lx

[WOLF3]
Members
441 posts
11,232 battles

Yup, there are not enough people putting time in at lower tiers so for some reason they added bots. Instead of doing that they should have let it die a quick death-by-population. Even so, the battles were not asymetric, especialy since higher tiers would split up, take two caps and get cross fires on the lower tiers. It needs tweaking and is a good idea to implement if it is balanced out IMO.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,207 posts
3 hours ago, br93lx said:

I had this gem today...

I was almost half health within three minutes of the match. It didn't end well, at least the red CV's apologized for clubbing :)

Screenshot (138).png

What are you complaining about?  You had 4 live players!  You could have had this team with only two people.

7_bots.thumb.jpg.2188f1a1672405b346e08cd711818888.jpg

I was also low-tier in a 9:5 game today and 6 of our 9 were bot cruisers.  Hilariously, we came very close to beating the high-tier team.

[7AES]
Members
2,154 posts
33,283 battles
14 hours ago, Ironshroud said:

That's not a bad idea. The XP rewards are definitely better than co-op, and the battles don't go over 15 minutes.

This was the time to reset a line if you’re into that. Stack flags all economic flags from containers at T5-T8. T5-6 play pays for the T7-8 orders. By the time you’d be done, you’d have earned enough free XP T9, almost T10. Probably 10k or so free XP per battle with premium time, flag and ships for about 30 battles.

Sign in to follow this